Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby bradley » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:10 am
Noticed Junk Food in America are still producing new style smurf t-shirts. Here is one of their new shirts that I really like! Jail Smurf:

Why are these shirts so expensive... I want a few of these shirts now and I have been waiting for them to come down in price online to get them cheaper but that hasn't happened. $20-30US each.. exchange rate brings the shirts over 40AU each, not worth importing at that price. Ebay buy nows are expensive and online stores are expensive. Are the prices the same in stores in America?

Anyone buy any of these? Are they worth the price tag? I remember someone commenting they were made from thin material. My wanted list on these (Papa Smurf, Smurfette - I Love Blondes, Gargamel, Hefty - Beefcake, Jail Smurf).

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:38 am
I like that Jail one, too :-D

I haven't seen any of them in the stores down here, Brad.
:???:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:21 am
That's a great design! :-D :)

Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 am
Wow that is cool, haven't seem them in the UK though

Postby bradley » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:45 am
I like that Jail one, too :-D

I haven't seen any of them in the stores down here, Brad.
:???:
There must be specific stores that sell the Junk Food label clothing. They have a website (that is where that Jail smurf shirt is listed), they sell them on their website but the prices are even more expensive. http://www.junkfoodclothing.com/ no store locations listed.. and just noticed the FAQ says they don't do international shipping either.

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:50 am
I have seen the older shirts in Hawaii and California and they were really expensive and yes, made from very thin material. I don't think they are worth it for the price and quality. No idea why they think they can charge that much but someone must be buying them or they'd all be on clearance. :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby smurfy3msl1 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:16 pm
I have a couple of these,sure I ordered them off junkfood site and they were sent to UK.They are really thin,so much so infact it has to be a really hot day before I wear them,also they dont wash up very well I found,esp not for the price! Anyone in the UK will understand this when I say Primark t-shirts are better quality! :lol:

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:24 pm
I like the prints, but I really don't care for the t-shirt.
I agree with Eggie Smurf, too expensive for the t-shirt quality.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby steveparkes » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:04 am
I got a couple of T-Shirts from TKMaxx, a grouchy one, and one that has a surfer on a wave and says 'smurfin usa' they are made by junkmail I think, definately not junkfood. The material of the shirt seems okay, not too thin.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 am
I"ll have to check the TJMaxx stores here in the St. Louis area...
A toy store owner told me yesterday that her smurf stock is flying off the shelves because of the movie coming out. I grabbed the last Brainy/Director 2009 she had, and she only had 3 smurfs out of the whole box left after a week! Apparently, but for myself and a few other area collectors, before news of the movie came out they just kind of sat there....
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Cool Smurf » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:04 pm
I've been looking for those shirts everywhere, but I haven't had any luck finding them. :???:
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby agent smurf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:20 pm
Thanks for the info about the latest t-shirts. I think I'll save my money for the dvds though. :banghead:

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:59 pm
Last year they were selling the Junk Food Smurf shirts at a store called Hot Topic. I haven't been to the mall for awhile so I am not sure if they got any new ones in.
~~Christine~~

Postby bradley » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:37 am
There is 1 Brand NEW lady's Smurfette t-shirt now at Jay Jays in Australia. Same picture as a previous shirt but shirt in a different colour, a hot pink. The one last year was a light blue. Shame they haven't got any more different styles.... or MENS SHIRTS :(

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:00 pm
Thanks for letting us know Brad :D I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Westfield Marion.

It's a shame they make them in such small sizes :???: I'd prefer to have a mens size then the ladies sizes. They are obviously made for SKINNY girls :lol:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby misszell » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:10 pm
The GAP Kids sells children sized tshirts here in the US.....and they ARE very thin.....

Postby bradley » Sat May 09, 2009 12:06 am
More new smurf t-shirts in Australia.. this time at Target! They have a retro line of smurf t-shirts and hoodies. Unfortunately for me, it is only womens clothing. Went in to take a look today and they had a cardboard display above the t-shirts that said exclusive to Target smurfs retro range. And the website for the maker of the shirts, which is Free Fusion. here is the website http://www.freefusion.com.au/ they have all the shirts pictured on the site. 4 different t-shirts and 3 hoodies.. though in store I only saw 2 hoodies, they were missing the pink one. Looks like Free Fusion only do women's clothing so no hope for any mens shirts :( very disappointed.

Postby SmurfingH » Sat May 09, 2009 2:45 am
That's a shame Bradley. Hope somebody gets some male t-shirts out soon. :D

Postby Tojo » Sat May 09, 2009 5:15 am
What a pity Brad :???: :(

I think I like the red t-shirt the most with the small pictures on it :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed May 13, 2009 8:20 pm
Not sure how I missed latest T-shirts the first time....I like them..it's great they are still releasing them.

It's kind of funny though, that the Aussie Target has T-shirts and the US ones have the playalong smurfs. You'd think they both carry all :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 2

Login