Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 4
Postby bradley » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:25 am
A new smurfs DVD was released in Australia a couple weeks back. Titled "Smurfs Time Travellers". Its the complete final season of the smurfs cartoon. I got my copy last week, just had to get new batteries for my camera today to take some pics. Really nice set actually and nice cover art inside and out. Comes in a cardboard slip case. Episode guide inside. I haven't watched any eps yet but hopefully over the weekend.

Brad.

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:58 am
Oh that does look nice! :) Wish we could get those here.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:49 am
Great artwork. It looks like they put some effort into this one.

Thanks for showing it to us, Brad :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 pm
Cool I'll have to keep an eye out for this.
Thanks for the heads up Brad :D
Daryl

Postby lordsmurf » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:44 am
I ordered one from devoteddvd.com, the best price I could find. Total shipped price to the USA was ~$18.50 USD (converted from $AUD using www.xe.com).

Not bad. :cheers:
CN Announcer: "Why are the Smurfs blue?"
Grouchy Smurf: "We're not! We're green! Adjust your TV!"

Postby bradley » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:14 am
I ordered one from devoteddvd.com, the best price I could find. Total shipped price to the USA was ~$18.50 USD (converted from $AUD using www.xe.com).

Not bad. :cheers:
nice price! Hope you like the set. I finally started watching them last weekend. Haven't got very far yet but hope to watch some more again this weekend.

Brad.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:18 am
The artwork looks awesome and I guess that Tojo would love seeing a Scots Smurfette. :D

Postby bradley » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:19 am
Has your dvd arrived yet lordsmurf?

I have been watching the dvd and I'm on the 3rd disc now. There is an error on disc 2 though. An episode cuts off half-way through. Seems to be a mass production error as this has been noted by another oz collector. Its been great watching all the episodes.. I hope the smurfs make it back to smurf village :( we will see.. I've still got a few more to watch. And something that I have noticed, in the cartoons they rotate the characters every episode. So Papa smurf might be missing in an ep, or smurfette might not be there in the next, but I tell you, Brainy Smurf is in every single episode. I don't think theres been a single ep without him in being a pain in the butt, hehe.

And while on dvd news, a new American release. Volumes now instead of full seasons, or half seasons. So you get 5 episodes on 1 disc. Not sure if the eps are in order. Tv On DVD says a best of collection volume 1. Wonder why the change to single volumes instead of half season volumes.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Smurfs-Volume-1/11009

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:56 am
Have you reported the disc error, Brad? I have a set of the time traveler season too coming so that's kind of annoying to find out!

Also I don't think the US dvds are selling well which is why they may be changing format. And according to the cartoon episode guide on MV.com, the first two US volumes are NOT in chronological order unless Pete has the episodes listed incorrectly. :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:24 am
Which episose is it, Brad?

I have one coming soon, too, and was actually looking forward to watching this one as I don't remember it very well or at all :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:27 pm
Yeah, The U.S. release of the first two volumes of the Smurfs DVD is not correctly in the order they were aired on television.

Here is the reference material for the first 2 volumes:
http://www.smurfsterocks.com/SmurfsOnDVD1.html
(This website is only visible on Internet Explorer, Sorry)
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Gerda » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:08 pm
I hope the time travel dvd will be released here in the states, I never did catch all of those only ever saw a couple episodes so to see where some of the smurf pvc came from would be great.
Can anyone jog my memory.. in Australia did he dvd's come out and then merchandise was released or did it all kind of come out at the same time? I'm just thinking the states might be following the same pattern :-?

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bradley » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:52 am
I should contact Magna Pacific and see if they'll send a replacement disc. The episode is titled "The Smurfs Of The Round Table", it cuts off half-way through, which is disappointing because this seemed like a really great episode. I want to know what happened in the end. They had Merlin the wizard (got turned into a rock) and Sir Lancelot (being called Sir Lance a little) after he gets shrunk to the size of a smurf. hehe. And Smurfette was smitten by him. Its a great dvd set though, you'll both really like it. I was impressed with the cover art and box slip (shiny silver) nicely put together and its great to be able to watch the cartoons, the final season. Episodes are in order for a change. Oh, they could make some great pvc figures based off some of the costumes the smurfs wear during this season! With all the different countries and eras they visit!

I never imported the US dvd releases. I was going to but now they're going to volumes I won't bother. Our Aussie company released 9 volumes of episodes that covered most of the first season apart from a few missing. All episodes were out of order, and as they got further into the volumes the eps jumped and skipped even more. I didn't realise the US release was also out of order or I've forgotten that, ha. The Aussie DVDs and Time Travellers set won't be released overseas. The company that released them is an Australian independent DVD company. So you have a different American company releasing The Smurfs, so different releases.

So you think the smurfs dvds aren't selling well in America? I thought maybe the change to volumes was to lower the consumer costs because of the recession. Cutting them back to try and make them more affordable to sell more?

Brad.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:07 am
I honestly think if there had been more to do about the smurf DVDs in the US they would sell more of them. You don't see them advertised at all.

I understand them not releasing too many smurf things and more or less waiting to see how the plush and DVDs sell before bringing more stuff out, but the American market is so competitive that you can hardly sell anything without advertising it :o

It really seems to me like they knew they had to do something smurfy in 2008 because of the 50th anniversary, so they did the barest minimum.

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:10 am
I agree with Maureen, If it wasn't for this forum I may never have known about the dvd's at all. And most people don't think of smurfs unless they all of a sudden say oh yes I recall those little blue guys. I have to think that the parade caused some kids to scream out "mommy I want smurfs" I know for a short time afterwards ebay here seemed to be outragouse.

yup peyo really missed the boat on this one, with the 80's craze going on right now the smurfs would have been very well received by all, whoever is in charge of marketing should be fired. :cool:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Gran Pitufo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:31 am
Yeah, The U.S. release of the first two volumes of the Smurfs DVD is not correctly in the order they were aired on television.

Here is the reference material for the first 2 volumes:
http://www.smurfsterocks.com/SmurfsOnDVD1.html
(This website is only visible on Internet Explorer, Sorry)
I can´t prove it, but I´ve seen a lot of lists of episodes in several webs and books, and I´m sure that these dates are wrong. I´ve done my own list of episodes two years ago, and I think the episodes are in the correct order in the DVD.

Postby bradley » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:58 am
Finished watching all episodes last week... spoilers for anyone who doesn't know. At the end of the series the smurfs never made it back to smurf village :( They are still lost in time. The series must have ended before they could write an ending to the time travel. They must have thought they'd get another season of the cartoon but it never happened.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:53 pm
I just received mine..and I can't wait to watch it..it sounds to be very different, although I wish it would have a real ending...a happy ending that is :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 am
it was sad, the poor little smurfs lost in time and they never made it back. :(

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:29 am
Awwwwww that end is terrible. :( It reminds me of "Quantum Leap", which had an open ending as well. :(
Page 1 of 4

Login