Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Yonna » Wed May 07, 2008 1:18 pm
I was interviewed into a local free newspaper called Helsingin Uutiset (News of Helsinki). The story was on today's paper. You can find it from my website. Unfortunately it is in Finnish. I will try to translate it as soon as I can. The teasers at the frontpage and next to the content are translated already. :winks:

(Let me know if there are some typing errors. I translated the text very quickly...)
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby steveparkes » Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 pm
Yay!!! Another smurfy collector in print..I love the article Yonna, thanks so much for showing it to us :cheers: I really enjoyed looking at it :hug:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Tojo » Wed May 07, 2008 4:45 pm
That's great news Yonna & I love the picture of you in front of your smurf cabinets. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you before so know I know who I'm 'talking' to :)

Maybe people in Finland will start or re-start collecting smurfs after reading the article. Let's hope so :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed May 07, 2008 5:16 pm
Wow, that's a long article....and a great picture of you :-D

Congratulations on being in the paper :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Wed May 07, 2008 6:19 pm
I love those cabinets!! Great way to display them!

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Pitufo » Wed May 07, 2008 6:26 pm
WAITING THE TRANSLATION, YONNA!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Yonna » Thu May 08, 2008 12:09 am
This article was also published in two other newspapers, Vantaan Sanomat and Länsiväylä. Now the story is out everywhere around the capital city area. So about 1/5 of Finns have seen the article. There are over million people living at this area. :razz:
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby JT » Thu May 08, 2008 9:12 am
There are over million people living at this area. :razz:
Don´t forget me. I live outside area you described and I´ve seen article too :)
Great story and extremely fine collection. As it says in article, the most complete collection in Finland. We´re proud of you Yonna :cheers:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Thu May 08, 2008 2:03 pm
Well done Yonna.

One can't help but feel we are like the Smurf version of the united nations, representing the smurfs to our respective regions. Its a pitty Imps dont feed us inside information and pay us in small blue bodies (the only really universal medium of exchange within our UN). :cool:

Postby Simon X » Thu May 08, 2008 3:18 pm
That looks like a great article, though I don't understand anything. :) :D :-D
It seems like very many finnish people have read it, so you are now a well-known collector! :D
Page 1 of 1

Login