Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 2
Postby Clipper » Sun May 04, 2008 12:37 am
amazon.com also sells the smurfs in the USA ..

but as for USA prices on toys and other goods are less then most countries.. Here in the USA everything seems to be cheaper.. Our Music Cd's are like $10-15 here and you go elsewhere they are $20-40 each.. It's really strange I don't understand it myself.

clipper
Clipper's Smurfs For Sale - Please Click My Gallery, I have other toys including Snorks for sale!

Postby LadyZod » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:37 am
I know here in the US, both Target and Toys R Us carries Schleich products, like the wildlife, knights, indians, and dinosaurs in their physical stores... but no Smurfs.

Interesting to note, anyone else go to the Schleich website for the US? They have a webstore that sells their whole current catalog... but again, NO SMURFS! :angry:

I wonder if there is some kind of legal mumbojumbo preventing Schleich from selling the Smurf line on their OWN webstore in the USA. Or is there some distribution issue with stores like TRU and Target not being allowed to sell them physically in their stores, but allowed to do so by web. :-?

Anna
Anna

Playing with Smurfs since 1981!:smurf1:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:11 pm
I don't think there are legal issues, as I know of toy stores in the North that sell them in their stores :-?

I think Target and Toys r us don't think they will make money with them and it is cheaper for them to offer them online only :???:

From what I have read whenever they tried to distribute smurf items in the 80s and 90s it wasn't a success and Applause and W. Berrie ended up losing money :???:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby LadyZod » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 pm
Target and TRU not carrying them in store due to perceived unpopularity I can understand...

But my question is why doesn't Schleich carry Smurfs on their very own US online store?

http://www.shopatron.com/index/524.0

Is there some bonehead legal issue preventing them?

:smurf2:
Anna

Playing with Smurfs since 1981!:smurf1:

Postby lordsmurf » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:46 am
Best price on this was from Amazon.com, for $19.99. Order something else, $25 total, and you'd get free shipping to. I bought it along with a DVD I'd wanted.

Have to watch for those deals. :o
CN Announcer: "Why are the Smurfs blue?"
Grouchy Smurf: "We're not! We're green! Adjust your TV!"
Page 2 of 2

Login