Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby bradley » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:12 pm
Searching for photos of the 50th Tour yesterday and I excitingly stumbled onto a video news report that features what looks like footage of the Smurf MOVIE!! in production! The shot at the very end of this clip shows a 3D smurf being animated in a 3D program. The video goes for over 3mins featuring interviews with peyos wife, daughter, son, cartoonists and finally at the end a quick shot of the movie in production. None of this is in English though. If someone can translate! Video is located on France3.fr website.

Copy this link into your windows media player:

mms://a988.v101995.c10199.e.vm.akamaistream.net/7/988/10199/3f97c7e6/ftvigrp.download.akamai.com/10199/sgv/diff/videotheque/regions/lpc/infos/videoinfopoitiers/AE9D1_c8a_actu_220108_schtroumpfs.wmv?WMCache=0

I have made screen captures aswell:

The 3D smurf looks excellent! I'm looking forward to the movie release!

Brad.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:28 am
Brad, how do you find these things :D

I agree, that smurfs looks superb, this movie could be great one :fingersx:

:-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:49 am
Brad, many many thanks for the link...Great to see how the characters will look like

Postby smurfer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:53 am
Thank you Brad !! :-D
Can't wait to see more ... :D

Postby bradley » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:07 am
a very lucky find, I was shocked when I saw it.
Its exciting to finally see something on the progress of the film. 3D for the smurfs looks like it will work well. love the animated facial expressions on that smurf! hehe. Depending on how far they are into production, hopefully we won't have to wait years to see it. I just hope its ready for an end of year release to conclude the 50th celebrations. But can't wait to see more!

Brad.

Postby Azrael » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:35 am
BRAD, YOU ARE THE STAR OF THE YEAR!!!!! :cheers:

Those pictures are awesome mate!!

Well done! :D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby XoioX2000 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:42 am
Very funny video!

I think there is a bit of slip of the tongue from the first woman talking: She says:

"It's a dream, He (meaning Peyo) has made lots of things and now I rip the benefits, I mean my children of course!"

Ooops!!!

then she goes trying to catch up saying:

"It's not fair somehow, but that's life!"

Anybody knows who she is?
She says this between 0:15 to 0:23

Just after Peyo's son says something along the lines of: "If he watches from up there, I believe he would be please of what we have achieved with his characters"

The B&W footage is super:

Peyo confirms that a smurf is as tall as 3 apples and they eat salsparella.
When asked if Salsparella is good to eat, Peyo says that he has tried some from a local herborist and confirms "Frankly speaking, I don't advise anyone to eat that!" :):)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby XoioX2000 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:48 am
The female off voice, describes how the Smurfs first appeared in a Johan and Pirlouit adventure in 1958, but rapidly became very popular. She asks the question: How did Peyo came up with their funny name?

She introduces the next clip by saying it was during a meal with his friend Franquin: Then Peyo talks: (from 1:23). He says he wanted Franquin to pass him the salt, but as he did not find the word, instead of saying "Thing, Thingy" he said "Pass me the Schtroumpf".
To which Franquin replied, "Here you go, here is your Schtroumpf, thank you for Schtroumpfing it to me it. If I need it, I will Schtroumpf it again..."

:):):):)

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:56 am
Fantastic video Brad, again a big THANK YOU for the link. :clap2: :adore:

David, I am pretty sure that the lady you mention is Mrs Culliford. :-D

Thank You for the translations too. :hug:

Brad, I agree with you, I am loving the 3D animations they are working on. Now I really can't wait. :hyper:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby XoioX2000 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:04 am
The female off voice goes follows on by giving a short recap from their birth in the Spirou magazine, the sucess in the Dupuis albums and the cartoon in 1975.

From 1:56 the lady talking was a colorist for the 1975 cartoon. She describes how nice Peyo was. They expected a "star" and they met somebody very approachable. They started working with him. The atmosphere was very good: Peyo was always there and he was bringing enthusiam, dynamism and his desire to do things. A time for which she kept a very very good memory.

The off voice carries on mentionning that the memory lives on as the 26th album has just been released. The scenario has been written by his son and illustrators and colorist have worked with Peyo. The family adventure continues!

2:34 The young lad with glasses says that he learnt his job by drawing Smurfs: Describing how strich Peyo was with the search for quality in his work. With the view of giving a natural aspect for the interactions between the characters as well as humour and poetry.

3:03 Peyo's son says the 50th birthday is very important for him and maybe the annoucement of news things: Not big changes but maybe new characters and new things for the cartoons! The Smurfs will appear in 3D which has never been done before! This will come in a few months!

And that's where it stops!!!!!! :):):):)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:57 am
Thank you both :thanks2:
to Brad for finding and posting the pictures and the link....

and to David for the translation...

The pictures look very promising for the new movie :-D

I hope everybody is ready for a very smurfy year :smurfwave:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:23 am
A big, big thank you, Brad and David! :-D

Yay!!....... A 3D SMURF MOVIE!!!!!!!!!........I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby bradley » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:49 am
Thanks for the translatation David!! good stuff. Its great to know what they are talking about in the video.

Brad.

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:21 am
Thanks for all of it! So exciting!! :smurfwave:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:51 am
Great job, guys :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Azrael » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:37 am
I'm a little confused...

Great translation!!! But does that mean that they are making a french cartoon in 3D, or is it samples of the Nickelodeon movie?

Al
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:21 pm
Very cool Brad, thanks for posting.

Is there any way of saving this footage to my computer that anyone knows of?

Postby FlamingO » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:54 am
Thank you for all the information guys, great work :-D :cheers:

Postby bradley » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:32 am
I'm a little confused...

Great translation!!! But does that mean that they are making a french cartoon in 3D, or is it samples of the Nickelodeon movie?

Al
hmm. it could be the 3d cartoon series in production. I would have thought the movie would be made over in America not at the peyo studios (as this sort of looks like). I don't think a camera crew would have access to this sort of viewing of the film in production in America. Maybe peyo studios are overseeing the creation of the new cartoon series (like they oversaw the original early seasons). There is actually a job listing on the official website for a 3D modeller. So whether this footage is the movie or series, the animation would probably look the same. The production on the movie I would think would supply the character (smurf) 3D models to be used in the series. Can't wait to see more!

Brad.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:17 am
Awwwwww thanks for sharing Brad!!! :D
Page 1 of 2

Login