Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 8
Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:26 am
Look at www.happysmurfday.com

They have already visited the first city!!!

YAYAYAYAY!!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:30 am
I know isn't it great..I so hope they come to the UK :cheers: :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:38 am
I know! That should be sweeeeet!

I think they will mate... if not, at least it seems the figures will be onlt 10 euro from the unicef stands.. I just hope you can get them from the unicef website etc soon!

:D

Whereabouts you based in London anyway man?

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:19 am
I am in North London, but to get to the centre of london is only about 15mins for me..trouble is that it looks like they will hide them at night..and so it's just a case of being in the right place at the right time..but if I can get to the stand I will be able to at least buy them.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:05 am
Well, the events hopefully will follow a Weekend pattern.. They say they are visiting what, 50, places? Thats once a week!

I live about 40 mins from London, so hopefully when they announce on a Friday I'll pop up and find a stand.

Have they mentioned WHERE they will place the stands, and HOW we can find them?

Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:06 am
Sorry, submitted before I finished.

What I mean is, I know obv they havn't announced London yet, but surely they must promote were the stands/comic events are in the city?

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:08 am
Hi Azrael, I don't think they are going to announce the places they are visiting beforehand, it will just turn up..I should hear about it once it's here..but I don't think I'll have alot of chance to find one hidden as looking at the video people were collecting alot of them and I am sure they will go very quickly.

Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 am
It was a bit harsh when that guy picked up about 15!!

Hey, I'm not really fussed now... as long as they sell them on the smurf stands that should be ok... i just hope they announce where the stands are!

Postby steveparkes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:12 am
I hope so too, as long as I can get one from the stand if/when it is here I'll be happy :D

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 pm
Whereabouts in France is Angouleme anyway? :-? Pretty cool though seeing all the smurfs everywhere :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby smurfer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:57 pm
It was a bit harsh when that guy picked up about 15!!
:iagree:

Yess , I think that a lot of people that never saw a smurf before , pick up these smurfs only to make some money .. :crazyangry:
Let's hope that I'm not right ... :-|

But the video was great to watch , the smurfs are really cool items , and it's so exciting to know that they are comming , but nobody knows when ...
I can't wait till they are here ! :hyper:

:-D :-D :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:26 pm
Whereabouts in France is Angouleme anyway? :-? Pretty cool though seeing all the smurfs everywhere :D
I think this explains why they started there :D
The famous Angoulême International Comics Festival takes place for a week every year in January and receives nearly a quarter of a million visitors from around the world.
and here is more information about the city and it's histiory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angouleme

I think we need to have at least one designated person in each major European city who will pick up a smurf for each non european member who is interested in getting one for 10 euros :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:18 pm
Wow! can you imagine walking through the town at 6am on the way to work & finding a whole load of smurfs on a bench or something!!!!! I'd stuff my bag & pockets full :) :) :) Maybe they'll come here too :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:18 pm
Thanks Az for the update and Thanks Moey for the info about Angouleme. :thanks2:

Oooooooh, this is all very exciting isn't it. Can you imagine actually being there and discovering all the smurfs everywhere! Smurf heaven. :cloud9:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:26 pm
I agree: the smurf heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!

But why do I read on the web, "Angouleme 25/01- 15/02"?????Isn´t it only one smurfy day????Or 20 days is the time the exposition will stay in each city???? :-? :-? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:48 pm
I think we need to have at least one designated person in each major European city who will pick up a smurf for each non european member who is interested in getting one for 10 euros :-D
If the smurfs come to London, I intend to try and get a bag full and give a smurf to the forum members who can't get to a designated city. Though, I will have to be very, very quick because I think people will just pick them up as soon as they are put down. Wish me luck!!!!!

It's sooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:57 pm
I agree, this is very exciting..and I am happy for all the European smurfers who have a chance to find any :-D I can't wait for the first hand reports to come in :D

I am planning on visiting Germany again later this year, but it won't be before October (around my birthday) and probably more around Thanksgiving..so the exhibitions will be over by then...

Now, if they would give us advance notice if and when they come to London...:dream:...let's just say... I haven't been back to the city of my birth in a long while and being able to find a smurf lying around Trafalar Square or St. Paul's Cathedrale might be worth a weekend trip :cheers:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:01 pm
Now, if they would give us advance notice if and when they come to London......let's just say... I haven't been back to the city of my birth in a long while and being able to find a smurf lying around Trafalar Square or St. Paul's Cathedrale might be worth a weekend trip
It would be lovely if you did visit London as I would really like to meet you. Also, you would be more than welcome to stay with us - this would save you having to pay out for accommodation. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:15 pm
Thanks Duckie, that is very sweet of you :hug:

I am sure we would have a lot of fun in London :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:05 pm
I am sure we would have a lot of fun in London :D
We sure would, Moey!!! :-D

Page 1 of 8

Login