Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby jpp » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:11 pm
HI,

New edition of "Les Schtroumpfs Noirs" published by "France Loisirs" (Editor by subscription, when one is a member, one must buy 1 livre minimum per month for 2 years)
This edition differs at the back; as well as the front page or there is written "France Loisirs.
This is the first that "France Loisirs" publishes Les Schtroumpfs in that format; album simple.
They had already made an edition double album in 1988.

--------------------- Recto ------------------------------------------ Verso -------------------
ImageImage

The N° 2 : "Le Schtroumpfissime" :

ImageImage

@+JPP
www.les-schtroumpfs.com

Postby Cool Smurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:54 am
Thanks for the cool info and pictures, jpp. 8)
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:52 pm
Hi JPP, it is good to know that new smurf publications seem to be happening a lot in France. :-D

If only they would be released in English........... :fingersx:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:32 pm
Hi JPP, it is good to know that new smurf publications seem to be happening a lot in France. :-D

If only they would be released in English........... :fingersx:
Yes, or even German :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:40 pm
Or even Australian....

Smurf: G'day mate....why you so angry and black for?

Angry: They ran out of good beer and only had fricken Fosters left to sell

Smurf: So what did you do?.....You didn't buy the Fosters did you mate?

Angry: Definately not.......I bit the head of the store owner and burnt the place down

Smurf: Oh ok, that doesn't make you angry......just kind of normal for around here really. I would of done the same in the same situation.

Angry: Oh ok......then, I guess I will go back to being a blue smurf and see if the new bloke in town has anything for me.......what's his name again?

Smurf: Ahhh....you must mean Peace Pipe Smurf mate

Angry: Yes that's the guy.......I feel so much better now....thanks for your help. My shout next time they have something decent to offer.

Smurf: No worries mate, have a good one

The End

See, doesn't the Australian edition have a happier ending?

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:13 pm
Ah, the ending is so happy it makes one want to cry. Pass the tissues someone :) Seriously though, a version of the comics in different dialects would be brilliant. It's been done in Germany with the Asterix books so why not smurfs.

Just imagine Smurfs books in Australian, Tennesseen, Geordie, Scouse, Welsh English, Cockney.......

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:20 pm
:) :) :) :)

I like the idea :-D

but we may have to do it ourselves...but even that would be fun :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:24 pm
Just imagine Smurfs books in Australian, Tennesseen, Geordie, Scouse, Welsh English, Cockney.......
Tennessean????? :shock: :o Tojo.....that would be banned in 49 states within America......oh hang on......47......Georgia & Alabama would probably sing hymns about it on Sundays.

Angry Southern Smurf: Cotton pickin dang dang dang

Southern Smurf: What's wrong with y'all?

Angry Southern Smurf: it's me cousin, she don't no longer want to put out for me

Southern Smurf: What's wrong with her.....too much influ influ....um....too much hearing bout them Yankees folk I bet

Angry Southern Smurf: Can I shoot her?

Southern Smurf: Not too sure bout that one......I mean, how many bullets ya got there

Angry Southern Smurf: um um....1 + 1 + 1 + 1.......3 it looks like

Southern Smurf: You so stoopid....1 + 1 + 1 + 1 equals 9 you dope. Didn't your mama teach ya nuthin

Angry Southern Smurf: Hey, leave my Mama out of this. My Mama says her box is like a piece of chocolate

Southern Smurf: Hey that's what my Mama tell me too

Angry Southern Smurf: Maybe we two related

Southern Smurf: In that case......how y'all doing? :|

Banjo music plays as camera rolls up away from nude scene and into the credits

Dyar

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:24 pm
Toyo FYI I think they have been done in German :
e.g. http://www.amazon.de/Schl%C3%BCmpfe-Sch ... 905&sr=1-8

although the German amazon just seems to be asking crazy prices for them (I bought some on my latest trip to France and the new one was about 9€ in French), maybe something for ebay.

I know they've also been done in Italian and I think I've seen them in Spanish and of course the early books (e.g. Smurfette & Cosmosmurf) I have in English. Possibly they were done in Dutch too (anyone know if that's true)?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:35 pm
that would be banned in 49 states within America......oh hang on......47......Georgia & Alabama would probably sing hymns about it on Sundays.
:) :)

oh no, not Alabama....or even Georgia :shock: :shock:

that would be like you finding something nice to say about Fosters....or Budweiser, or Budweiser light...or Kiwis :D....or even worse...Queensland :eek:

I like your story though.....even if I am the only one....spoken like a real Tennessean you have...you made me proud :cheek:

and we had a Banjo in church yesterday....first time I felt like quoting you in church...but I was good...:sofunny:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:36 pm
Yup, they were released in German & I do have a few of them that I picked up at a railway station bookshop. I have seen that Amazon has them but only via other dealers.

The problem is that the books aren't printed anymore so there are only very small stocks left over. I was told that it had something to do with the licence from IMPS.

When I was in Brussels I saw lots of smurf books in French at the railway station. It's about time that IMPS allowed the books to be published again in many languages especially with the 50th anniversary coming up :D

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:35 pm
Tennessean????? :shock: :o Tojo.....that would be banned in 49 states within America......oh hang on......47......Georgia & Alabama would probably sing hymns about it on Sundays.

Dyar
"Now don't y'all awstriellians go makin' fun of us red blooded 'mericans. Just cuz we don't speak no funny queen's english like y'all do in London. As fer smurfs, ah'm right fine with 'em so long as you don't go givin' no smurfs to no boys and makin' 'em no gay homosexuals. Ah know you Yur'peans don't believe in Gawd, but 'round here the good Book is the only book, and let me tell you, last time ah checked, there weren't no little blue fairies in it. And ah heard from mah brother's wife Sarah--she wint to college at one of them big schools in the Tri-cities up near Bristol so she would know--that them smurfs was writ by one of them long-haired hippies up in Amsterdam who smokes pot and thinks Saddam wuz his best friend. Now maybe that's good enuff fer you out thar in Tazmania, but o'er here we got a job to do keeping them terrorists out of the holy land and out of the land of the free and ah don't know what no Amsterdam hippie has got to say to my boys about that."

Thank ye

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:44 pm

Banjo music plays as camera rolls up away from nude scene and into the credits

Dyar
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

But seriously--
Peyo's stories would translate well into southern redneck drawl. Peyo has his smurfs act like really backwood folks. Except for Papa Smurf, most of the smurfs in his stories are bumbling idiots, mean to each other, and love to spread gossip.*

*Actually, that may make them more like city folk.....

Postby paolo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:28 am
When I was in Brussels for the fair, I saw a lot of BD shops with the Smurfs comic books in French, and I believe there was also a new (2007)release named "120 Blagues de Schtroumpfs" or something like that that was supposed to be the 1st of 5 volumes (like the Schtroumpferies series).

Here in Italy the old stories have been published back in the 70's and 80's but the more recent one have never been translated in Italian. This week Planeta DeAgostini (a Spanish company) will start releasing a 26 volumes collecion in Italian that will start with the old stories and hopefully carry also the new ones.

Postby jpp » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:41 am
Update with N°2 - Le Schtroumpfissime

Postby agent smurf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:06 am
You updated your first post! Took me quite a while to figure that out. :banghead:
I'd rather buy the learn to read smurf books I reckon.
Page 1 of 1

Login