Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 3 of 5

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:20 am
Looking great Steve! :-D

Are you making molds of these? or are they one of a kind?
Just wondering how hard it would be to make more... I would sure love to get these into my collection, and am sure lots of other members would like it too. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:11 am
I always make molds, All of my home made smurfies are cast from a clay mold. I always make a mold as I never know when I will need to make more. Pluss it makes it so much easyer than having to keep sculpting the smae thing over and over and as everybody knows doing that would take forever and they would never all look quite the same. :-D

In the most part the molds work ok but there are some that break like the tinmans mold bits broke off but I have managed to repair that one luckily dont know how long it will hold up though.:-?
Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:41 am
Well here is the last OZ smurf

Dorothy smurfette ruby slippers and all....

The group

Smurfy regards

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:07 am
Awwwwwww they are adorable.:smitten: Steve: You should really apply for a job at Schleich. :cheers:

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:15 am
I agree with Dominique. :clapping: :coolphotos:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 am
Awwwwwww they are adorable.:smitten: Steve: You should really apply for a job at Schleich. :cheers:
O id love a job working for them designing and making smurfies mmmmmmmmmmm! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Smurfy regards

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:24 pm
I like the group pictures. I am not really into the Wizard of Oz but those smurfs are fantastic, Steve :D

Have you already decided what else to do? I was thinking Star Wars smurfs might be nice...or even Star Trek :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:29 pm
No I havent decided on the next ones. Any ideas are welocme.There are lots of good ideas but i just dont know or cant work out how to smurfisize it lol I just cant decide but i think i will know when its right . Like a ton of bricks! :)

Smurfy regards

Postby Tojo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 pm
They have all turned out fantastically Steve. I didn't know what to expect at first but I think you've captured the characters beautifully. I especially like Dorothy's slippers, they look like they're made of strawberries :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 pm
You are one talented person Steve!

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 pm
They have all turned out fantastically Steve. I didn't know what to expect at first but I think you've captured the characters beautifully. I especially like Dorothy's slippers, they look like they're made of strawberries :-D
Lol now that i think of it lol! Its actuly glittery paint but it dont realy show up in the photos. lol :)

Smurfy regards

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:33 pm
here is the next one Flemenco smurfette

Smurfy regards

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 am
Here is my next one an Eskimo smurf:

Smurfy regards
steve :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:53 am
They're both great! Though I prefer the Eskimo one. :D

Postby bwalters » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:10 pm
Hey Steve; You think you could make something that didn't look so good? My fingers are always hitting the same letters and they are getting worn out. lol
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:57 pm
I really like the Eskimo smurf. Did you have a picture of it or did it just "pop" into your head?

I think that one is my favorite so far of your new creations :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm
I had some pics of eskimos and what there clothing that i found and got sent a couple of pics, then i just changed it to how i want it to look. Not that I ever know what it will look like as i just sculpted it and make it up as I go a long just with pictures in mind. :D Then if the mold works then i decide what colours im painting it as i go too lol. :D

Smurfy regards

Postby Benny » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:37 pm
They are all amazing, one better than the other before.

You should definately work for Schleich! :D

Postby stampysmurf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:50 pm
Once again! Great job!!! Maybe you can make the eskimo smurf a little igloo and a sled for your next project??

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:18 am
Here is the next one and this took me ages to paint! A pharaoh Smurf.

Smurfy regards
Page 3 of 5

Login