Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby JT » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:37 pm
I guess pretty foolish :banghead:
I read comments about these ebay items last summer, but then I wasn´t buying from ebay. However now I managed to buy my first items via ebay. Guess what group of Smurfs it was...
Now I checked Rachels updates on Blue Imps and there they were in fake page.
Are there any real Easter Smurfs? :(

Postby Tor » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:56 pm
These easter fakes are all over eBay! :x
/Tor

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:26 pm
The Easter Smurfs in my shop are all genuine ones. They are all slightly different size to these fakes, I have a set of the fakes as well to compare against. Just avoid the Hong Kong sellers and I think you should be ok.

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:45 pm
Hi JT, oh dear, I hope you didn't pay too much. If you didn't , then look at it as a start to your fake collection! :D

Don't worry, there are real versions of these smurfs.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby naish510 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:08 pm
how can you see now that thes are fakes ? :-?

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:21 pm
Hi Naish, it is actually quite difficult to tell from just a picture, but basically if you see a whole set of these going cheap (especially from Hong Kong) chances are they are fake.

These fake easter smurfs are slightly smaller the the originals, made of a much harder material and you can also see that they have been made with two piece molds.

Here is another thread where they were discussed:
http://www.kittyscavern.com/forum/viewt ... ght=easter

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby JT » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:40 pm
A seller was from Hong Kong so I´m pretty sure those are fake. Smurfs were cheap so no major damage was done. I only thought I was buying a real ones. But hey, as you pointed out, I have quite a collection of fakes now :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:17 pm
The problem with these Hong Kong ones now are that people will start selling them in different countries and now you won't have a clue what's what. I fear for future collectors that they will be buying these under fals pretenses.

I have a set of these because Attom injected me with a fake gland recently but they will certainly be a problem in less than 5 years from now I feel......and the scary thing now is.....what will be the next ones they make and the ones after that.....I am sure this isn't the end of the smaller versions?

Dyar

Postby JT » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:35 am
A good thing for me is that now they ask $5-$9.99 USD for same set I got for $2.99 USD. Thank God I was just been cheated, not robbed.

Postby naish510 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:53 am
Thanks for the information ! i'm learning each day of you guys !!!! :D

Postby JT » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:26 am
My Easter Smurfs arrived. They sure look like fakes, now that I see them. Is it absolutely sure that those are made without lisence? They seem to have Schleich and Peyo markings on them. Years vary from 84 to 96.
Quality doesn´t seem to match with other Smurfs though
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:31 pm
hi!

they are good at that!...the fakes..have all the proper licence details..even lots of old fakes have peyo or something forged on them..

its more like fraud..

but for display these are kinda nice..I personally like them!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:36 pm
Is it absolutely sure that those are made without lisence?
100% sure. I emailed the pics to IMPS of them split in half to show they are fakes, I can't divulge what they said but they are 100% without license.

Postby JT » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:43 am
Ok thanks.
They look nice but feels like...well fake :)
Page 1 of 1

Login