Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Tamtam » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:47 am
Happy Sunday morning everyone,

I actually found smurfs at the flea this morning. 3 of them. It was all very exciting. :grin: The lady wanted $3 each but I got them for $2 each. teehee. I got Papa, Farmer and the Postman. Yaya, I know, Whooptie-do! I already have them all but I couldn't just leave the poor things there.
So now that I look at them, I do need them all! Hooray. The papa is a lighter blue than my other Hong Kong Papa, the farmers wheat is painted differently and my postman has W.B & CO, Peyo and the Schleich emblem on the back of the letter with an almost pink heart instead of the red.

Okay, so now I will ask.....Am I the only one who looks for these slight differences? Please tell me I am not the only one!!!! :D

Tam

Postby chesneysmurf » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:57 am
You're not the only one Tammy! I do the same thing!! Even a tiny difference is worth it to me!! :D :D
Lacey

Postby Tamtam » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:58 am
Hooray, I'm not the only one!! lol So having six different postmen smurfs is okay??? :D

Tam

Postby chesneysmurf » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:05 am
:D :D :D Sounds okay to me!!! :D

I keep them even if they look the same but have different markings on the bottom.
Lacey

Postby Rachel » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:17 am
Hi Tam, I admit I like all little differences as well so you are certainly not alone. Nice finds and a bit of haggling, a fine Sunday morning I think.

I have never really had any luck find smurfs at flea markets or car boot sales but I ALWAYS look, one day.......... :eek:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tamtam » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:39 am
I love going to the Sunday flea to see what I can find. Most of the time, I come home empty handed but I still emjoy the prospect of finding a smurf or two. I think the best find was about 8 months ago. A vendor at the flea had a huge box full of smurfs and houses etc. Each week, she kept forgetting to bring it with her, which was getting really annoying. So of course, the week she did bring it, I had to work so I couldn't go. But I sent my better half and my best friend to check it out. When they arrived at work to show me what they had bought, I almost lost my mind. There was almost 250 smurfs. I started going through the box to see what treasures were buried when I came across the Xmas smurf holding the wreath plus 4 other Xmas ornaments. I almost fainted. They didn't believe me when I told them what he was worth so I went into Pete's website and showed them. They both almost lost their minds. So now whenever they are out at yard sales or flea's without me, they are looking for another big find. They are my secret Smurfy agents! :D

Tam

Postby Rachel » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:44 am
Hi Tam,

It is funny how loved ones get involved when they know how much some of them are worth. :D :D
They are my secret Smurfy agents!
We were recently on a trip to Italy with a youth orchestra. All the kids know I collect smurfs and spent the whole trip searching for me, they managed to discover smurf ice cream and a shop that sold smurfs! :grin:

Postby chesneysmurf » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:16 am
OMG Tam!! That's amazing! I wish I could find things like that!
Lacey

Postby Tamtam » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:52 am
It was a very exciting day! Actually, any day that involves smurf hunting and actually finding them is a good day really!!

Tam

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:37 pm
Tam - I love smurf hunting at my local flea market as well :-D It's so much fun not knowing what you will find! Today there were bunches of smurfs at different stands. I had all the PVCs that I found and they were quite scraggly and dirty. As we were on our way out, I spotted a 12 GREEN papa plush and got him for $4. He looks brand new and still has the original tag. Anyone know anything about him?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:50 pm
Oh look at him, he looks sea sick!!! :grin:

He looks gorgeous, he would be nice to cuddle up to in bed!!! :D

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:06 pm
Oh I forgot to say, I never find any smurfs at car boot sales :( . I am always looking but I only see McDonalds ones. My husband took some smurfs to sell at a car boot last month and everyone said how nice they were but not one person bought!

Postby Tamtam » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:31 pm
I have never seen
a smurf that's green!
I'm really glad
he's not mean!
Hope he likes his new home
because he could be mistaken
for an Imperial Gnome!

:-?
:?

Yes, it's been a long day and I am a bit giddy! My deepest apologies for the worst poem ever. I will try better next time!

I tried to sell some smurfs at a yard sale awhile back and had no luck. I ended up giving them to my nieces to play with.

Tam

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:37 pm
Hey I love your poem, I really love poems!! :-)

Rachel, what is this? :mrgreen:

:shock:

We had a Smurf Poem competition a while back Tam Tam and no one entered, where were you? :-?

Hee hee, having great fun with these. Just want to poke someone in the ear now :o

:lol:

Postby Rachel » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:41 pm
Hi Tam, thats not bad you know, here is my ONLY attempt at smurf poetry.

There once was a smurf named brainy,
he'd only be seen when it was rainy,
in Wales that was fine, as it rained all the time
but down under he was often called lazy.

:yikes:

Nice plush smurf Staci, he looks lovely and cuddly. :gimme:

Postby Tamtam » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:43 pm
That's great! Way better than my attempt. :cheers:

Tam

Postby Rachel » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:48 pm
Bow bow........ Oh Thank You :beer: but I wouldn't go that far. :flush:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:49 pm
I keep going back to look at that plush, he is lovely.

Look what I just won

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5928165742

Doesn't she look perfect? I am becoming more and more drawn to the plush smurfs. I think I will need to book one seat to Belgium for Schtroumpf Passion and two seats for coming back, all the new plush smurfs I am going to buy will need their own seat!! :jump:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:50 pm
Well I am off for a :bath:

Night night everyone!

Postby Rachel » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:53 pm
Nice win Karen and what a dress she is wearing. :party:
Page 1 of 2

Login