Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Fram » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:08 pm
As promised, some lines about my smurf collecting and collection.
With an older brother collecting comics and stuff, I have always been surrounded by omics, including Smurfs. My first album was the legendary 'Vader Abraham en de Smurfen', a number 1 hit in 1978. A few years later, the cartoons... I always loved the Smurfs, but I only started collecting them around 1995, I think.
My collection is a strange one. I have gotten some very beautiful and expensive smurfs for gifts, so that was the easy part. But all (yes, all) my other smurfs come from flea markets, and all of them were for around half a Euro or less. I got some for free, I bought one for 2 Eurocents once, and I often buy whole lots, like some fifty smurfs for 10 Euro...
I haven't kept count of it, but I guess I haven't spent more than 250 Euro on my collection of Smurfs, and I have recuperated part of it by selling some doubles, or using them as a gift for my younger brother (don't worry, the rest of the family is not into Smurfs :D .
Consequences: a lot of much-loved (i.e. badly rubbed) Smurfs, a lot of incomplete houses and sets, no boxes, and a fairly random collection with huge gaps. But on the plus side: lots of surprises, lots of stories, and amazingly a fair amount of rare and very rare Smurfs. I'm still working with the 1997 catalog, so some things may be outdated, but this is a sample of what I have (excluding other exciting Smurf stuff, I'll show one day when I have the possibility).
I have five or six Dupuis Union Smurfs, 12 OMOsmurfs, and five Smurfs on a pecil sharpener. I have at least one version of Smurf 001 to 049, including e.g. the four different 014 Schlafschlumpf. The first one I miss is ironically Der Schlumpf, 050 :smile: .
I have some apparently rare Smurfs, like Gratulationsschlumpf (067), 8 Schlips (069) (I want to have 98 of those!), Wandergeselle (88.1) with the long stick, Tennisschlumpf 2 (093.5), the one in one piece with its racket (already three times: is it really rare?): Kapitän (141), the blue one, Autralischer Footballschlumpf (150), Papaschlumf mit buch (174.2), Baseballschlumpfinchen (186)!!!, Majorette (188.2), Schlumpfinchen mit Topf (196), Schlumpf in Frack (216) and Schlumpfinchen in Abendkleid (217), Gargamel mit zwei Gläsern (232.1). Hopefully with the new catalog, I will have some more rare smurfs :)
Other series: Schlumpf auf stock reitend (1907), Weihnachtsschlumpf (1908), Gärtner (0206), green and brown one; Schmetterlingfängner (0209), Gargamel und Azrael (0211), Boxer (508) und Hürdenlaufer (511).
And then there are the advertising smurfs (all the Quick smurfs, all the Silan Smurfs, Holiday on Ice Smurf, GB smurf), one lonely Jubiläumsschlumpf, 8 of the 9 clip-on smurfs, ...
The Bully haus, the old great house, the old white great house (very incomplete), the popup sportstadion, ...

Sorry, I got a bit carried away there... All in all, I guess I have some 500 smurfs.
And I bid on smurfs on ebay, but someone alwys beats me (I've posted my last unlucky story on the ebay-forum :( ).

Sleep tight!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Tor » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:31 am
Nice story!
But all (yes, all) my other smurfs come from flea markets
I don't spend mush time at flea markets, but sofar I have only found (and bought) ONE smurf that way.
/Tor

Postby Fram » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:56 am
I don't know how many Smurfs were sold in Sweden, but in the early eighties, every kid around here had a bunch of them. And I spend a lot of time on fleamarkets, and go very early (6 AM often). Otherwise someone else has bought them all... But most fleamarkets I come home from emptyhanded (well, without SMurfs, but often with books, comics, ...), and it are the great finds (quantity) that make the collection.
This summer, I bought a bag with a great house and almost fifty smurfs from a teenager. He claimed it was 'the whole series'!. I didn't argue, much to happy with the price (12,5 Euro), and even happier when I found Holiday on Ice smurf, Tennisstar 2 and Christmassmurf on candy stick among them. He had taken the bag just out of his car, it would probably have been gone in ten minutes if I hadn't been there at that moment.
Postby attombomb7 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:11 am
hi Fram

it sure sounds like alot of fun though!! getting your smurfs that way!!

you get to see them right away and its exciting everytime you find some..

now its mostly EBAY for people...unless the summer garage sales have goodies..but that is a whole lot of hunting ,.!!

I liked your story too!!

Attom:D

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:17 am
I like your story too. It is one of those posts that you want to keep reading over and over again incase you missed something 1st time round! :grin:

Postby Fram » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:27 am
Thanks Attom! I hoped that was the way my story would be read, but I was afraid people might find it a bit to self-centered (look at my collection! I am so good!)... That's why I also explained that although I have many rare smurfs, most of my smurfs are definitely not mint. My judo smurf even has lost the top of his hat. But indeed, the thrill of opening a bag of smurfs and checking them is great.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:53 pm
Hi Fram

It certainly wasn't self centred and we all love to hear everybody's story here....I mean I am self centred so I should know...lol

Feel free to post any thoughts you have here...I know I do

Dyar

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:41 am
I love your posts Fram, they are excellent!!!

Postby Fram » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:29 am
Thanks everyone! I feel very welcome here... :grin:
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:53 am
hi fram!!

that is nice you feel good! I should say that I also love the Jungle smurf

so I figure you have good taste too!!! and I love seeing him

Postby Fram » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:31 pm
Ah, jungle smurf! Perhaps the worst English Smurf name ever... They don't live in the jungle at all, they live in a volcano, a moonlike landscape, barren and desolate...
One of the funniest surprises I had when buying Smurfs on the fleamarket was a Jungle Smurf with through his nose two needles (the tiny ones with a colored know at the end), as if he had a bone through his nose, like some primitive hunter. Not mint, but fun :grin:
Postby naish510 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:19 pm
Mooi verhaal fram, ik ben ook verzot op smurfen en met de feestdagen in aantocht maak ik iedereen warm welke smurfen ik wil !! groetjes

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:01 pm
Now am I correct in thinking that is Flemish for "I love smurfs!!!" :-D
Postby Raresmurf » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:46 pm
Fram

Thank for that view into your smurfing history - that was a great read - it really was!!!
As promised, some lines about my smurf collecting and collection.
With an older brother collecting comics and stuff, I have always been surrounded by omics, including Smurfs. My first album was the legendary 'Vader Abraham en de Smurfen', a number 1 hit in 1978. A few years later, the cartoons... I always loved the Smurfs, but I only started collecting them around 1995, I think.
My collection is a strange one. I have gotten some very beautiful and expensive smurfs for gifts, so that was the easy part. But all (yes, all) my other smurfs come from flea markets, and all of them were for around half a Euro or less. I got some for free, I bought one for 2 Eurocents once, and I often buy whole lots, like some fifty smurfs for 10 Euro...
I haven't kept count of it, but I guess I haven't spent more than 250 Euro on my collection of Smurfs, and I have recuperated part of it by selling some doubles, or using them as a gift for my younger brother (don't worry, the rest of the family is not into Smurfs :D .
Consequences: a lot of much-loved (i.e. badly rubbed) Smurfs, a lot of incomplete houses and sets, no boxes, and a fairly random collection with huge gaps. But on the plus side: lots of surprises, lots of stories, and amazingly a fair amount of rare and very rare Smurfs. I'm still working with the 1997 catalog, so some things may be outdated, but this is a sample of what I have (excluding other exciting Smurf stuff, I'll show one day when I have the possibility).
I have five or six Dupuis Union Smurfs, 12 OMOsmurfs, and five Smurfs on a pecil sharpener. I have at least one version of Smurf 001 to 049, including e.g. the four different 014 Schlafschlumpf. The first one I miss is ironically Der Schlumpf, 050 :smile: .
I have some apparently rare Smurfs, like Gratulationsschlumpf (067), 8 Schlips (069) (I want to have 98 of those!), Wandergeselle (88.1) with the long stick, Tennisschlumpf 2 (093.5), the one in one piece with its racket (already three times: is it really rare?): Kapitän (141), the blue one, Autralischer Footballschlumpf (150), Papaschlumf mit buch (174.2), Baseballschlumpfinchen (186)!!!, Majorette (188.2), Schlumpfinchen mit Topf (196), Schlumpf in Frack (216) and Schlumpfinchen in Abendkleid (217), Gargamel mit zwei Gläsern (232.1). Hopefully with the new catalog, I will have some more rare smurfs :)
Other series: Schlumpf auf stock reitend (1907), Weihnachtsschlumpf (1908), Gärtner (0206), green and brown one; Schmetterlingfängner (0209), Gargamel und Azrael (0211), Boxer (508) und Hürdenlaufer (511).
And then there are the advertising smurfs (all the Quick smurfs, all the Silan Smurfs, Holiday on Ice Smurf, GB smurf), one lonely Jubiläumsschlumpf, 8 of the 9 clip-on smurfs, ...
The Bully haus, the old great house, the old white great house (very incomplete), the popup sportstadion, ...

Sorry, I got a bit carried away there... All in all, I guess I have some 500 smurfs.
And I bid on smurfs on ebay, but someone alwys beats me (I've posted my last unlucky story on the ebay-forum :( ).

Sleep tight!
Postby Fram » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:13 am
Mooi verhaal fram, ik ben ook verzot op smurfen en met de feestdagen in aantocht maak ik iedereen warm welke smurfen ik wil !! groetjes
Dank je, en welkom! We'll better keep this in English, or people will think we're talking behind their backs :grin:

Postby Fram » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:14 am
Now am I correct in thinking that is Flemish for "I love smurfs!!!" :-D
Smart girl! :grin:

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:32 am
We'll better keep this in English, or people will think we're talking behind their backs
Speak what language you like, we will learn! The only language you need to know is Smurfs! :grin:

As long as you love smurfs you can post in whatever language you prefer, we will have fun trying to translate!

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:40 am
Anybody speaks Klingon? :-)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby naish510 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:16 pm
yes this was flemish, but now i will write only in english, or better i will try because my english is not so good ! it's fridayevening and i have to work tomorrow at 7 am and i want to buy smurfs !!! smurfs, smurfs, smurfs, ....
i am always looking witch one i want t have in the catalogus book, and always looking on ebay hahaha
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:47 pm
Hi!!

I like that globe image!! it would make a great item too!~~~~

Welcome~!~

Page 1 of 2

Login