Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tor » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:06 pm
Hi!

Since I'm new to this forum I thought that I might introduce my self? English is not my first language so please bear with me. :smile:

When I was a kid I got smurfs from my mother every Christmas and for my birthday. When I got older the tradition stopped and the smurfs ended up in the basement. One day when I visited my parents my mother got the smurfs from the basement so that my daughter would have something to play with. A took them home with me and but them on display. This was one year ago and I had about 50 smurfs.

I looked on the Internet and found the Swedish trade site Tradera and bought some smurfs from Anette. I work as a web developer so I contacted Anette and offered to build a smurf site for her. We got along very well and the site was produced quickly and I got a lot of smurfs for the job. :-D The site (Svampbyn) is now up and running and from what I can tell it's going quit well.

I have now bought smurfs from Germany, Holland, Canada, US, England... It's amazing how many kind smurf fanatics there are around the world. :-o

My goal is to get one of each (regular smurfs) and I now only miss five:
- Flower in mouth
- Baseball Smurfette
- #1 graduate
- Surprise bag pink
- Surprise bag orange

I also collect promos, super smurfs, x-mast smurfs, easter smurfs and so on. I have some stands and fakes but I don't intend to get then all.

Right now I have 461 smurfs and they are all on display. See pics.

Well, that's about it!

Greetings from Sweden
/Tor
/Tor

Postby Rachel » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:29 pm
Hi Tor, Thanks for introducing yourself, you are very welcome here in our smurf community. You have a fine collection and your story is very similar to many of us here, collecting as a child and then rediscovering the little blue and white guys. :grin:

You build very fine websites, I love Anette's smurf website and I have just enjoyed having a look at yours. Very very nice, it is such a shame I don't speak Swedish.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:32 pm
You have a great collection Tor and I have always liked Anette's site. I knew someone built it for her but I didn't know it was you! it is lovely and colourful, I think you have similar tastes to Rachel. Rachel designed Kitty's Cavern for me. :grin:
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:52 pm
HI welcome Tor!!

I love the way you display your smurfs ..they look so modern and like
art objects ...and must look wonderful in that room!!!

what a great collection!!

Attom :D :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:47 pm
Hi Tor

Thanks for your smurf story and I agree with Attom....those shelves look really nice and display your smurfs in a way I would like to display mine one day.

You did a great job on Anette's site.....I like Anette like so many people do here. Anette even gave me some smurfs that I needed when I helped fund her webshop by giving her money. I am looking forward to giving her some more money soon and hopefully she will return the favour by giving me some more smurfs too. You did a great job on her webpage and as Rachel says...you are very welcome here.......you're not a teacher are you? :o

Dyar

Postby Papa Smurf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:12 am
Dyar,

I also think Tor's way of displaying the smurfs is awesome....perfect in fact. thin strips of wood and maybe some down lighting in the roof to shine of the shelves

Postby Smurfboy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:54 am
Dyar,

I also think Tor's way of displaying the smurfs is awesome....perfect in fact. thin strips of wood and maybe some down lighting in the roof to shine of the shelves
VERY COOL!! But I don't think I have enough wall space! :sad:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:26 am
Maybe I should glue all of my doubles upside down on the roof for something different. I think that would look pretty cool as if they are walking on the ceiling.......and I am sure Mrs Dyar will be real pleased.....REAL PLEASED....REALLY P - something anyway.

Dyar Tuck & Robyn's hood

Postby RockstarSmurf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:08 am
yeah! add scenery for the full effect. Paint a little forest and a river or something. :grin:

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:09 am
Yes and if you don't like people you just make some a little loose and let them fall on their heads when they walk under them!!! 8-)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:23 am
Like the Gargamel's Castle if they really annoy you...or Rachel's new Papa

Dyar

PS - Okay maybe not Rachel's one....maybe one from the exclusive Hong Kong production lines

Postby Tor » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:23 am
you're not a teacher are you
No, I'm not a teacher. But I have been a student. Does that count? :grin:

I see my smurf shelfs as a piece of art - like a painting. But there is no painting in the world that draws this much attention. No one enter this room without commenting on the smurfs.
/Tor

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:33 am
No, I'm not a teacher. But I have been a student. Does that count? :grin:
Dear Karen & Rachel.....may we keep this one one then...we need Tor for harmony and balance.....you know, too many teachers not enough students.

Sorry Tor...I should explain....I wasn't always the teacher's favourite student.....well infact I never was unless I didn't turn up to school that day... because I talked a lot of irrelevant nonsense during class and now I am haunted by many a teacher here on these boards.....Rachel, Anette, smurf n bratz and many others. I now have to ask all new members if they are teachers so I can find other people here to misbehave with.

I don't think anyone can enter my smurf room and not comment about the smurfs....there's nothing much else in there besides smurfs & air. I do wish I had all shelves like you do though as they look really nice displayed like that...very good eye candy.

Dyar

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:29 am
Hi Tor,

Nice shelves! Great collection! :-D :-D :-D

Like your web site!!!!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:43 pm
Andrew - I think you should actually glue your doubles over your bed but do it while Robyn is asleep and when she wakes up to see all those smurfs on the ceiling, she'll...uh-oh...forget that, I didn't say a word :-D A much better idea would be to send me all your doubles - I can glue them to my ceiling, yeah that's it, MY ceiling ;) 8-)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
I think you should actually glue your doubles over your bed but do it while Robyn is asleep and when she wakes up to see all those smurfs on the ceiling
Naughty Staci!!! :o

Poor Mrs Dyar, someone warn her, QUICK!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Secretly ( :cool: )

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:17 pm
Well I thought I would glue one smurf (Pirate smurf) above the bed on Mrs Dyar's side so when she wakes up she knows she is still in the nightmare of reality. Unfortunately the glue wasn't strong enough to support the weight of the smurf and it tumbled down.....down......down....and landed right side up on Mrs Dyar's forehead and must of stuck to it pretty good because when she woke up she leaned over and gave me a kiss but the sword on the pirate poked me in the eye......and to add insult to the eye injury she yelled at me for having a Pirate smurf stuck to her forehead which hurt when it was removed and hurt me even more where she stuck it back on my one eyed attachment to teach mr Dyar a lesson.....now my attachment needs a patch too and looks similar to the smurf pirate.

Just thought I would let you guys know that Staci's idea may not be as great as it sounds in theory.....I will still try to stick my smurfs upside down in the smurf room though.....but never again over Mrs Dyar

Dyar Payne

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:55 am
I am speechless!!!!! :o :o :o

:D :-D :D

Postby SwedishGirl » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:04 am
Hej Tor!

I guess we have to take it in English - not many people on this board speaks Swedish :grin: !

WELCOME to this board!! It's a very nice place to visit - so I hope you'll stay!!

To the rest of you: Tor is a SMURFANTASTIC guy!!! Without him my site wouldn't have exist at all - so I am his friend forever :-D !!

Tor: "Härligt att du finns! Smurfiga kramar från mig".

// Anette
Please remember, a smile and a friendly gesture make this world a better place! = The smurfy way of living.

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:52 pm
hiya Tor , your collection on your shelves looks fab. welcome to :grin: the board Simon and lucie
Page 1 of 1

Login