Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:41 pm
Thinking about Lucie and Gerda saying we might all meet up one day, I was wondering where is the central point between us all? When I look at the world map I see USA over there on the left and Australia right over the other side on the right and I forget they go round corners!! :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:20 pm
I think Sydney would be about the middle ground. You guys could travel by plane and I would have to take a Mr Men book to keep me occupied on my long train journey to the city of Sydney.....um ok.....maybe not.

Maybe someone could volunteer to host a grouping and the location could change each time.

I know it's been done before so I know you won't want to do it but it would help to have a world map to see where everybody here is in the world and then see where abouts (in Sydney j/k) the middle ground would be. I think most people are in the north so it would be somewhere between the Atlantic ocean so maybe on the Titanic....no seriously I would expect to travel north to meet all of you guys up there (if invited...can't be too confident I suppose) so take your pick between the US & England I guess.....or maybe Florida is the middle ground...who knows?

Dyar

PS - Karen you may now delete this post for its utter silliness.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:15 am
I do like Pete's guestmap Dyar and it might be a useful tool just to work out where we are on this occasion. I don't want to make a regular feature of it and look like I am copying Pete, but we do need to work out where we all are and the furthest point from you (joking!! 8-) ). Board wouldn't be the same without you :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:30 am
I like Pete's guest map too and it would be a great idea. I think everybody knows you try to avoid copying Pete the same way many avoid copying me. Although with Pete it has more to do with genius and with me it would just be damn foolish....so I have been told..regulary.

I would like to see something like a map of where we all come from. I know there have been a few more Aussies about the place.....and God is sorry for that but we do have members from all over the globe and it might be a bit of fun to do. Maybe we can take it a step further or do it slightly different with our own uniqueness and quirkiness.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:27 am
It is a great idea seeing where everyone is in the world. I will have a look to see if there is anything we can do that wouldn't be the same as Pete's.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:53 pm
you've lost me on that one: what is Pete's map?

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Rachel » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:31 pm
Hi David, Pete (Mushroomvillage) has used a bravenet imteractive map:
http://www.mushroomvillage.com/smurfs-guestmap.html
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login