Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Chogokin Jawa » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:38 am
Dear all,
After having browsed the tons of great pictures some of you took at Passion 2006 I noticed that there were some Fafnir dragons.

Being kinda "rookie" in the Smurf universe, I was wondering how much is the piece generally ? Is it hard to find ?
Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Best Regards,

Stef

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:35 am
You mean "The" Dragon?
Sorry my friend, my body is not for sale!!!

I mean, unless you are a very attractive female dragon of course... I mean we can talk...
:):)

Just kidding!!

The PVC dragon normally goes on eBay between 50 and 100 Euros.

Although it is seen by many collector's (including me) as a must have for a collection (I mean you know I would say that of course), I have to point out that it is not originally a Smurf item.
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Evensar » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:40 am
Sorry to go off topic, but where does the dragon come from? who is he?

Postby Chogokin Jawa » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:54 am
Hiya :)
LOL !!!! Thank you for your answer ;)
I start to understand why Fafnir does not appear in the German Guide I just purchased (Der Schlumpfs Katalog IV)...does that mean it is not a Sleich/Bully item ?

Stef

You mean "The" Dragon?
Sorry my friend, my body is not for sale!!!

I mean, unless you are a very attractive female dragon of course... I mean we can talk...
:):)

Just kidding!!

The PVC dragon normally goes on eBay between 50 and 100 Euros.

Although it is seen by many collector's (including me) as a must have for a collection (I mean you know I would say that of course), I have to point out that it is not originally a Smurf item.

Postby saussard*be » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:37 am
you have the simply one
1 other with promo inscrition
and
1 red and green with promo inscrition

xav

ps: this one is for sell 125 euro + shipping
if anybody is interessing about it
let me know

see you later

xavier
http://www.saussard.be
xaviersaussard@hotmail.com
XAVIER@SAUSSARD.BE

NO PASSION IN 2008
but maybe a B I G surprise in 2009 !!!
0032(0)474.74.88.60

Postby Fram » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:27 pm
Hiya :)
LOL !!!! Thank you for your answer ;)
I start to understand why Fafnir does not appear in the German Guide I just purchased (Der Schlumpfs Katalog IV)...does that mean it is not a Sleich/Bully item ?

Stef
It is a Schleich item, but it is not Fafnir, but just a dragon (sorry David!). It was one of a number of bendable figures they designed themselves (that way they didn't have to pay licensing costs, which means more profit for Schleich), including a zebra and a giraffe as well. I believe they are from the early nineties. They can be found in some of the large dealer catalogues from Schleich (David?), where more info is available. They also don't have the "Peyo" mark on their feet. And so they don't belong in a Smurf catalogue or collection, strictly speaking. Having said that, as there is no Fafnir available, I'ld be very happy to buy this dragon cheap once and add him to my collection :-D
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:37 pm
Sorry to go off topic, but where does the dragon come from?
That could be taken as quite a personal question there....however I am a mature grown imbecile so I know what you mean. David (also known as Supreme Dragon) comes from his Mummy & Daddy Dragon....it's a whole story that David once told me about the Burns and the Bonfire I believe....at least that's what his parents told him.

Dyargon Alley

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:37 am
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

And what a bonfire it was!!!!! :) :) :)

Fram is right of course: It is not, technically speaking, Fafnir, as in Fafnir from the story and it was a promotion item from Schleich unrelated to the Smurfs...

However, there is a likeness with Fafnir, me thinks: I'll post a scan of that picture we found together with Fram at Passion: I think it's a nice one! :)

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:47 pm
Here is a nice drawing of that little fellow... :smitten:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:54 pm
Someone should warn Peewee not to poke a sleeping dragon.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:39 am
So glad I found this post oooooh a proper pic of fafnir from the comic cartoon yay does anyone have a pic of him in colour per chance david?? I feel a new smurfy addition comming on for my smurfland and dont think he would be too big to make hmmmm. :-D :)

ive always wanted a proper fafnir .....so when you moving in then David? hehe Just dont eat my smurfs!:) :) :)

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:28 pm
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

What a way back down memory lane :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 pm
well afterLinda finding some pics with a dragon made me remember fafnir from the books and cartoon and now im making things smaller i can fit Fafnir in even if he is bigger than everything else lol. I typed in fanir and it brought this up yay. :)

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:29 pm
Now now I am not "that" big, just a little "round" that's all. And I clean between my scales real good, you know, like a proper dragon should do.
I'd be a real good lodger: I don't eat Smurfs... or Knights for that matter: there's just too much metal on them (gets stuck between the teeth).

However I do sneeze... Now I dont know if you have ever seen (or heard) a dragon sneeze, but let's just say that it's best not to be in the line of fire, literally. It gets worse during the pollen season.

Yes I am a dragon who suffers from hay fever! :):)

When I get back at the week end, i'll see if I have a drawing of Fafnir: I may have as I have all the Johan's stories. I'll also look for some buildings in the Smurfs stories!

Cheers,

David

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 am
I like to be around a Dragon when he sneezes...in the winter time...it's amazing how much I can save on energy costs :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:09 am
Hi Mau :)

You say that, but that poses quite a bit of a problem in the winter: if the sneezing is too close to a house... no more house. Hence health and safety operatives from the times before King Arthur have banned us to caves, deep ones, made in stone. Difficult to burn, stone.

Dragons, being reptiles, should be cold blooded of course, which would be a problem in the winter. However the blood of a dragon passes nearby an organ, behind the lungs, which creates a very hot and volatile liquid substance. This is the green liquid which takes fire when blown outwards... and enables a dragon to keep warm.

This also enables you to identify a proper dragon as opposed to a pale imitation: The flame of a proper dragon has a green tinged to it, due to the color of that liquid (sometime referred to as wildfire): any yellowie/orangie flamed ones are just not to be trusted and frankly not worth the bother.

Now female dragons are hard to come by these days, so this is difficult to verify (and my childhood memories go only as far back as when I burned my first knight), but according to George R.R. Martin, who wrote "Game Of Thrones", it is very clearly stated Dragon's eggs, or at least their shells, are made out of stone. I suspect this is to prevent breathing accidents at birth. The thought of a female dragon delivering a stone egg however, conjures some images in my mind which makes me cringe and close my eyes...

This could be the reason we are near extinct you know: I have never heard of a midwife surviving a Dragon's delivery to tell the tale and I guess any sensible Mrs Dragon would say "Already been bitten once, sunny boy, stay away or I will burn you!".

Anyhow I thought it was good to clear that up...

:cheers:

Postby André » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:35 am
here are 2 drawings in colour of fafnir from my old Johan comic. One with the smurfs on him so you can see the size also. :cheers:
Attachments
fafnir comic2.jpg
fafnir comic2.jpg (77.73 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
fafnir comic1.jpg
fafnir comic1.jpg (82.59 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Login