Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 11:56 am
I thought everyone might like to see this little blast from the past! An old petrol pump sign.

Postby steveparkes » Wed May 26, 2004 12:24 pm
WOW - Thanks for that blast from the past Karen. I remember those, why can't we have smurfs back at petrol stations like th old days :-D

I went on holiday in scotland last year (Carbisdale - almost at John O Groats) and as we turned the corner into Carbisdale - there on the road was a fully operational NATIONAL garage..It was like stepping back into my childhood. I so desperately wanted to stop the car, run in and ask to see their smurfs :D

Stephen
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 12:39 pm
Hi Stephen

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you have decided to join us, I'm just sorry you didn't get Rachel's message earlier!

Glad you like my sign. I bought it on ebay last year, I just had to have it! I get happy feelings every time I look at it!

:-D :-D

Karen
Postby Little lucie@simon » Mon May 31, 2004 3:26 pm
Hey Karen , ive just checked out your sign, it brought back memories . I used to go with my dad to fill up the car with petrol every saturday and my treat was a smurf ! He still remarks upon one very expensive trip. We went to Harrogate filled up with petrol and forgot to buy my smurf. I had a right little tantrum so he turned the car around and raced back (exceeding the speed limit) and our friendly policeman pulled him over and gave him a speeding fine(oops) perhaps i wont show him this picture. He still teases me about this this is from 25years ago. Lucie :smile: :smile:

Postby Guest » Mon May 31, 2004 3:33 pm
Hi Lucie

That's a great story! :D

My dad still teases me about how much I nagged him to get petrol just so I could get a new smurf! What I really love is when I get a delivery of brand new smurfs and the smell of them reminds me so much of getting a new smurf when I was a kid. There's nothing like the smell of a brand new smurf! :grin:

Karen
Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:27 pm
Hey Kitty, you have such a cool business selling smurfs. I am very envious ! I know what you mean when you say there's nothing nicer than the smell of a new smurf , but , dont you find it hard to part with them? I'd want to play with them all day long! lucie @ simon :cool:

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:23 pm
Too right!!! It is sooo difficult to part with them, especially the cute ones!

Have you come across any smurfs that you really don't like much? Or do you love them all? I know everyone has their favourites but are there any that people just don't like! Or is it too unsmurfy to have a conversation like this? :-D

Karen
Postby Little lucie@simon » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:13 am
Hi there Kitty, I don't think there are any smurfs i dislike . I have a thing for the older smurfs. We have an old version of the smurf with the flower in his mouth 20019 and all the older smaller version's i love. Im also very keen on the boxed super smurfs i think the piano smurf is soo cute and i must say smurfette with shopping cart is a favourite. Simon's favourite's are the rugby players. He has all the different one's except the hard to find Omo rugby player he is trying so hard to find, if you come accross one give us first refusal. How about you which are your favourites there are so many that are fantastic that im still thinking of others. Any way im off to work now .Lucie :-D

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:44 am
Hi Lucie

Smurfette with shopping cart is one of my favourites too. Out of my original smurfs I always particularly liked my hiker with yellow flower. I also loved the smaller smurfs, like the gardener with his wheelbarrow and brainy.

There is one smurf that just doesn't appeal to me as much, he looks different to the rest, he is the smurf with gift and flowers who is still being produced. Is it me or does he have an unsmurfy face! :grin:

I also love my original chimney sweeper. Out of the current range I love workaholic, he's just like me! :-D

Karen

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:02 pm
I love the rugby smurfs as well, mind you I love rugby so it is nice to combine the 2. :grin:
I am just missing the British Lions :-(

I don't think there is a smurf I don't like :eek:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login