Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:45 pm
Does anybody know someone at Schleich? I mean, it's not like they're doing secret government work--they must have some sort of long term plan... on the other hand, I guess I could see a couple of Schleich guys whipping out eight sketches over kraut and beer in June, sending it to the carver, and not thinking about smurfs again until they have to sketch eight more the next June.

:-?

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:55 am
The problem with Schleich is that they are selling Smurfs as toys and not collectibles, and because they don't sell well as toys at the moment they are concentrating on the animals and knights, which are bigger money makers for them.

I briefly met a couple of guys from Schleich last month and I also have some contact by email with Germany, but they are really not that interested in discussing the smurfs. I get the feeling they are just hanging onto the license ready for when things change, which I am sure they will. I think Linda has the right idea to buy as much as you can now before the movie hits. Hopefully Rachel and I can find out more about the Movie from Xavier at Schtroumpf Passion in April.

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:01 am
Thanks, Karen. Your response clears a lot up for me.
Page 1 of 1

Login