Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:02 pm
Regarding the smurfs retired this year, does Schleich "burn the molds" ? I mean, what's stopping Schleich from next year producing praying smurf and baseball smurfette in a regular run and bursting the current bubble those figurines command? Does Schleich plan "rare ones"--for example, retire a smurf early just to generate collector interest? I admit--I bet these high-profile ones rev-up the market. I buy smurfs because I--er, uh, "admire their aesthetic appeal" :-D (I can't bring myself to say "I think they're cute" :cool: ). But, I imagine a lot of people stock up on smurfs in hopes of getting the next $2,000 one--not giving a :? about the little blue folks. Schleich would lose that market if smurfs didn't command more $$$ (&&&?) in re-sale. Does my theory ring true? :-?

:beer:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:09 pm
hehehe Tim, you're very cynical about ol' Schleich.

I guess it probably does ring true. You see that kind of thing all the time. Different companies (eg. Sporting memorabilia) make limited edition stuff so that it values considerably afterwards. Then I guess everyone buys more of their stuff because the same thing is likely to happen with the next lot of limited edition stuff. Sounds like a pretty good money spinner for the companies to me.

Linda

PS: I'm making a set of LIMITED edition Zorro smurfs. Get them now!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: RARE RARE RARE. Only 1000000000000 will be made. Likely to rise in value! Get yours today. These will sell like hotcakes! :D

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:02 am
[Homer voice] Hmmm, hotcakes.... [/Homer voice]
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:29 am
[Homer voice] Hmmm, hotcakes.... [/Homer voice]
So I can put you down for 5 then, Fram???
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:33 am
5? Of a limited edition? :woohoo: (Oops, still in Homer mode here!)
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:
Page 1 of 1

Login