Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:02 pm
Can anyone tell me about Sbabam Smurfs and does anyone collect these?

I can see that Christy's Blue Village has some listed on her website but apart from that I know very little about them.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby paolo » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:11 am
Sbabam is a relatively new toy company based in Italy, that sells various kind of toys using the newstands as distributors. They also have a online shop, they are very kind and gentle as they have been able to solve my problems with the smurfs collections as I explain below.

They first released a set of 12 plastic figurines (around 8cm high, so bigger than Schelich's but smaller than Plastoy's) in 2017 with the most popular characters, then they released a second set of 14 figurines in 2019 with smurfs depicting varoius jobs.
After the 1st release, I contacted them suggesting characters they left out (black smurf, king smurf, handy smurf, astro smurf, ...) and some of them later appeared in the 2nd release.
They were sold inside plastic bags and one could find the complete set by buying a box with the bags iside at local newstands.
That was not exactly the case, as for the second sent I had one double in the box I bought so I ended up with one missing smurf. I contacted sbabam explaining the issue and they were so kind as to send me the missing smurf for free and they also sent me the pdf version of the booklets that accompanied the smurfs inside the plastic bags.
Attachments
sbabam 12 2017.jpg
sbabam 12 2017.jpg (51.48 KiB) Viewed 2876 times
sbabam 14 2019.jpg
sbabam 14 2019.jpg (62.67 KiB) Viewed 2876 times
Postby The Smurf Collector » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:20 pm
Thanks Paolo for the information, much appreciated.

I recently purchased the 2019 set and was pleasantly surprised on their quality. I now just need to find somewhere to display them.

Do you know if they were available in Spain?
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby paolo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:55 am
I saw that there were also boxes printed in Spanish, so I believe they have been released there too.
Page 1 of 1

Login