Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:20 am
What has been your greatest Smurf discovery and find for 2019?

For me, the greatest discovery was finding out all the possible green paint variations there are. I never knew there were so many Bully marked Smurfs with a green paint dot.

I have couple I would like to have as my greatest finds for 2019.

My first would be finally getting a Christmas Wreath Smurf. This Smurf has eluded me for many years, as I was always thought it was really rare when in reality it wasn't.

My second would be Tennis Smurfette with IMPS marking. Never knew this one existed before I purchased mine.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Arno » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:25 am
Last week, I managed to get a very beautiful bundle of smurfs from the UK, with so many variations I did not have yet.
Especially the alchimist with the golden moon, I wanted so much, but also many others.

For next week, I would like to find some Macau Marked like the graduate smurfette or papa pilot.
Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:58 am
When I first saw this Kath I though “I have bought too many smurfs this year” :)

Highlights are: reverse colour Carnival (but this cost a pretty penny so not exactly a ‘find’), HK Papa Santa with yellow bobble/trumpet, Germany marked Snowboarder, the 2 white rholing Fitness, white rholing Praying, HK Smurfette gown and Tuxedo, Apple with the red patch on the apple, Pumpkin with the small face, the first variation Smurflings, all my UK boxed Super Smurfs (I’ve got 5 left to find), black dot Pop Singer, Jester with silver stars and yellow tail, mustard dot Thanksgiving and long straw Waiter. These are the highlights which gives you some idea of how many I’ve bought :)

What does everyone want to find next year? I’m going to concentrate on the early releases for the first smurfs, the elusive address marked New Basketball and the rest of the UK supers :cheers:
Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:49 am
I didn't think that I'd be adding these ones so quickly and this ties in very well with what I will be focusing on next year. I won this bunch for €5.50 with about the same for postage and they've just arrived. All Old Schleich Emblem marked and the diamond among them is the first variation of the Flower smurf: The Road Safety Smurf that André has on his site. After a little wash they have all come up mint! :-D Amazing for smurfs which are almost 50 years old. :shock: This has to be one of my best finds of the year :-D
Attachments
old-emblem-group.jpg
old-emblem-group.jpg (117.51 KiB) Viewed 13222 times
Traffic-smurf.jpg
Traffic-smurf.jpg (53.01 KiB) Viewed 13222 times
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:53 am
Pleased for all of you!!!! Tommo- you lucky bugger with that German lot, I need a few early markings esp bloody mint.....

The cupid green dot I am very happy with as is the Coburger Apotheke promo

Next year? The dots clearly, but especially that thanksgiving mustard dot, never ever knew about him

Martin
Postby Tommo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:31 pm
It was weird Martin because it suddenly popped up with 2 days left on the auction when I was looking for new lots, and I’m constantly searching for new lots :) , and only one other person bid against me. EBay’s search function seems to be working again by the way :-D
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:47 pm
Well done Tommo, with your recent Smurf lot and especially the Flower Smurf.

I was lucky enough, to receive someone I work with her childhood Smurf collection from New Zealand. Among the ten smurfs was a Flying Smurf with Hong Kong markings. All they needed was a bit of a clean and they back to looking almost new.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:32 am
That seals it for me regarding those HK markings that are "different" in font and style eg flying/vagabond/jungle/thirsty/biscuit etc etc

They are all released only in NZ +/- Aussie never in the USA

I forgot to say my main priority this year is the early Bully variations with NO markings....the very soft ones; I don't have many and I love them :cheers:

They are a nightmare to find in good condition- I have kicker2, jolly and king
Postby Tommo » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:54 am
Thank you Kath. Did you know that your friend had this collection? I'm going to ask my cousins if they ever had any smurfs (my Uncle used to work for National garages and gave us all the smurfs we had) although I should think that I will have any of the ones they have :)

Yes, definitely those unmarked Bully ones Martin. I'm still amazed at how these survive in great condition. I can understand ornaments or furniture, etc... but these were all toys for kids to play with... kids of the 60s and 70s with parents who most probably smoked... the odds are stacked against these early releases :) My wife had a look of complete dismay at my excitement of finding the Road Safety flower smurf :) :) :) , but it is amazing how these things survive in mint condition. Where the hell have they been for almost 50 years? :shock:

Does anyone have/know of the existence of 20071 Flying, 20072 Trumpet and 20075 Quack with no markings? These three would complete the early release Bully 74/75 with no markings and must exist?
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Hi Tommo,

I know how on earth do they survive mint? Maybe the German kids were a bit nicer than us? :)

I think those 3 must exist; quack was the first Bully smurf so he is defo one

They are just so so rare......I only know one collector with Bully etched moon for instance ( I mean the regular Bully moon not the colour variations)- Tintin

I can’t believe how many you have!!! You have been lucky there Tommo, I can never find them
Postby Tommo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:41 pm
It’s the luck that Arno has spoken of before Martin... constantly looking at eBay :) :) :)
I would love that etched Bully Moon that’s a constant search for me, and now I realise why it’s so rare as it was only available for a year :( Did you ever have this one Martin?
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:27 am
No I never had this one in regular guise
I do have it with red jacket and dark blue jacket, so I can’t moan :)
There is a green jacket, yellow shoes which is etched ( and the shitty Gian Davi catalogue should have made this fact clear to stop the cretins faking it with regular Astro varieties)
Postby Tommo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:00 am
Certainly no reason to moan! :) :) :)
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:15 am
I know, my wife says I am a world expert in moaning..... :) :)

How many of you have the first smurfette Bully with both etched markings under the feet? I have never seen it apart from Andres on the forum....
Postby Tommo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:41 am
I’ve got this one! :D
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:01 am
Bastard!! I had a feeling you would! :) :) :cheers:

Germany Tommo?

How have you managed so many of these??!! You defo have an "eye" :!:

Lucky bugger

Martin

PS 15 variations of angel? Jesus.....!!!!! :shock:
Postby Arno » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:26 am
Come on Martin, the first Bully smurfette is not so rare : I have 3 yellow raw + 1 colored (and sold 2 others)
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:24 pm
Hi Arno,

I have never collected “rohlings” !!!

Do you have the regular one though?
Postby Arno » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:19 am
Yes, the regular also (I wrote "colored" but as the raw is in yellow plastic, it was confusing I think)
3 yellow raw and 3 regular (1 left)

I like the Bully raw very much

I also have one Flower smurf with red mouth, so that you can moan today too
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:35 am
Lucky bugger Arno

I have had no luck with this one ever :x
Page 1 of 2

Login