Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:30 pm
Looking back over some of the posts from 2018 it has been a year for many new discoveries and finds. So as we tip toe towards Christmas I thought it would be nice if we share with each other what has been your biggest discovery.

For me, it was finally getting my hands on the Smurf’s Windmill #40020 with it’s original packaging and box. I am wanting to put this together so I can display it but I am too scared I will break a piece.

I was also able to get my hands on some small tree stump sharpeners. Not many but nice to display.

It was also reading about all the smurfs that had a Green paint dot. I had no idea there were so many!
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:54 pm
Hi Kath,

I suppose learning how many green and red dots are out there...……..too many!!

Getting my red gown alchemist was probably the best or the white raw painted dark blue fitness with no black dot
Postby Tommo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:18 am
I think mine would be the address marked Chimney Sweep, Macau Graduate Smurfette, Tennis Star with moulded racket, and top of the list the Brainy painted normal smurf with the heart shaped mouth.
Cheers,
Tommo
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:27 pm
That brainy stunned me Tommo...... :cheers: I did not know of it, and it must be mega rare...…...very jealous :mrgreen:
Postby Arno » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:18 pm
Last week, I got a papa with potions with mustard dot and a painter with a special blue paint brush.
I could also find some lantern smurfs with yellow lantern from the UK. So many are missing from the UK :angry:
One I like very much is the aerobic smurfette with red dot.
And by chance I found an accordeonist smurf without CE marking + an architect smurf without CE marking too (I have bought him in 2016 but he was stored in a box so I rediscovered him).
And many others that make grow the collection.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pm
Perhaps we could start another post - Rediscoveries of 2018! Smurfs we had in our collection that we didn’t release how rare or unique they truly are.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Postby Tommo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 am
Martin,
André thought that it might have been that they ran out of Brainy smurfs due to demand so painted some Normal ones this way instead. I was wondering if they started the Brainy's like this, as they did with the Prisoner, before changing to a specific Brainy mould? It is an amazing, as you said, considering the condition, and also the fact that is was from 50 years ago :shock:

Arno and Kath,
I know that feeling of forgetting about smurfs I've already got. :) I'm so glad I keep a log of what I've got, otherwise I'd be stuffed. :) I've got around 8 boxes that I need to go through from this year and put them in the relevant boxes... that generally makes me look over what I've got already and puts me off buying anymore due to the time that it takes :)

Tommo
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 am
Postby Arno » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:57 pm
@ Kath and Tommo : yes, I am rediscovering smurfs that I have bought years ago because many are still in boxes (I will not say how many boxes :oops: )
@ Martin : she is super cute, one of my favorite : mine is a Jubilee. I looked again at your red gown alchemist : such a fantastic paintjob !

It's nice we share our little treasures
Postby CuriousSmurf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:26 pm
My biggest smurf discovery of 2018 was... BlueCavern.com! You guys are a gold mine of inforand interesting facts and helpful tips!
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:31 pm
I would like to add to my list, my latest smurf delivery. This included the Farmhouse with the original box (49025), three smurf cottages and 20 smurfs. It appears the previous purchased these around 2006.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Postby Blumenschlumpf » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:27 pm
My Schlumpf discovery for 2018 was a candle. I lost the conversation, but I think a seller from the Leipzig area said he reiceived it as a gift from his parents or grandparents and he dated it to around 1975.
Postby Blumenschlumpf » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:33 pm
20181225_224138v.jpg
20181225_224138v.jpg (38.37 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
Fröhliche Weihnachten, merry Christmas, joyeux Noel, tous les schtroumpfs!
Postby The Smurf Collector » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:45 pm
I really like these unique Smurf items and knowing the background story behind them. Very special
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Page 1 of 1

Login