Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby CuriousSmurf » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:19 pm
So... I bought a smurf from ebay. He looks cute but stinks to heck of smoke! For that matter, so did the padded envelope he was packed in. It might be humorous if he was a fireman smurf, but he’s not. I have tried leaving him out side for several days to air him out, but that isn’t working. I tried giving him a bath. Nope. Any suggestions? At this point I am considering dosing him with some of my perfume! At this point it couldn’t hurt his value anymore than the smoke, but he’d sure smell better. I hope. So... any suggestions ? Anyone?
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 am
Very difficult, even Removezit struggles here......
Postby CuriousSmurf » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:41 am
I finally discovered a way to get rid of the smoke smell! It requires purchasing an “essential oil” that is 100% pure, and I found that peppermint seems to work best. I filled a small bowl with water, and liberally added drops of the peppermint oil. Then put the smoky smurfs in. Leave them in for 24 hours. Depending on how smoky they smelled, you may have to repeat the process. FYI, I also tried orange and lemongrass. I used oils for aroma therapy that I bought on Amazon. After you’re done, leave the smurfs to air out of a day or two. This really works!
Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:28 am
I was going to suggest a vinegar bath, as I've heard it's good to remove smoke smell... but never tried it my self.

But glad you found something that works. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Postby Knight_Smurfyheart2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:33 am
I tried baby powder for my records and books and this turned out fine.

I'd suggest you use some baby powder before washing them in vinegar bath.
Page 1 of 1

Login