Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby CuriousSmurf » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 pm
Hi to anyone who might still be reading the forum,

As I am new to collecting, I hope someone might let me know:

1. How much should I be paying for a Historical Smurf? I get that they are rare, but what does that mean in terms of what I should expect to pay for one in decent condition?
2. Based on your own buying experiences, are there any ebay smurf or toy sellers that I should avoid? Beside the sellers of fake smurfs, I mean.
3. Where is the best place to buy smurfs in American? I see that Walmart is supposed to be an official retailer for Schleich but I only see smurf stuff sold through their online store, not the actual retail ones. Where do you guys go to buy your smurfs, including the retired ones that you cannot get anymore?

Thanks!
Postby Tommo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:44 am
Hi CuriousSmurf,
generally Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Edison are generally the most expensive. Look on eBay over a period of time to maybe get and idea of how they are going for, but personally it’s all down to how much you want to pay. There are 3 marking variations: Hong Kong, Macau with blocked Hong Kong, and Macau. Macau easier to find in Europe, etc... Hing Kong easier to find in the US
I’ll message you later on sellers I avoid and also ones I buy from,
Cheers, Tommo
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:21 pm
Great advice Tommo.

I buy smurfs all different ways not just eBay. I also keep a record how much particular smurfs sell for, so that way when one is selling online I have an idea how much they should be asking.

Maureen, who contributes to the forum may have some suggestions about buying smurfs in the USA.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby CuriousSmurf » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 pm
Maureen, if you’re there, I would love advice about buying smurfs in the US. I hail from Florida.
Page 1 of 1

Login