Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby The Smurf Collector » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:35 am
I have been recently thinking of this and only came up with a few, which I think is pretty amazing considering they have been making smurfs for more than fifty years.

For example Secretary
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Arno » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:52 pm
I don't understand what you mean with the question ?
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Sorry Arno, I should have explained my question better.

Are there any smurfs that were made in the past, that you feel they wouldn’t be able to make today?

For example Beer smurf.
Does this encourage or promote under age drinking.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 pm
I don't think there is an issue with the beer smurf, if there was, they wouldn't have made the smurf with the champagne bottle, would they? :cheers:

I don't think they would be able to make the black smurf anymore....I know he was re-released a few years ago, but I think right now it would be way too controversial and considered very racist. :shock:

And I am still giggling about the jungle smurfette with her make up kit...kinda surprised it did not cause more outrage :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby The Smurf Collector » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 pm
I agree Maureen Jungle Smurfette makes me laugh as well. I am sure there are some collectors who found this portrayal of Smurfette just ridiculous.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Postby Grinnell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 am
I agree Maureen Jungle Smurfette makes me laugh as well. I am sure everyone can benefit from Zippyloan and there are some collectors who found this portrayal of Smurfette just ridiculous.
This is such a good question, Collector. Really makes you think what kind of times we're living in. I can't think of any better examples than you guys already mentioned. Those smurfs are so funny and innocent, but the public's been outraged over a lot less. lol
Postby CuriousSmurf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:17 pm
I like Jungle Smurfette! I put her standing beside my make-up case in the bathroom. She goes very well there for obvious reasons. As for smurfs that might be too controversial to make now... well, it is interesting that early smurfs plaing sports were always male. Thinking of the smurf and super smurf on skiis, the basketball guy, the hockey one, the bowling smurf, actually most of the early super smurfs that were put out around the 1980 Olympics—you name it. Smurfette didn’t play sports back then.
Postby Blumenschlumpf » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:51 pm
In answer to the last post: Maybe Smurfette was not into sports (or much of anything else) because she was meant to be the singular female smurf, as given by the original comic? It fits with this idea that the first three different moulds of smurfettes are all subsumed under the same catalogue number, and that they were all simply called 'Smurfette'. It could be by accident, but it seems to be the case that the producers were keeping smurfette singular until there were about one hundred different pvc smurfs in total.

Hm. What smurfettes weren't made any longer, and aren't made again, even until today?

If the first smurfette 20034 brought fragility and the second attractivity into play, the third mould showed activity. It seems, it vanished after a short time of being produced and sold in around 1978.

From a look at the list (even though the catalogue numbers are sometimes a little deceiving), ballerina and roller-skate smurfette seem to be among the first smurfettes that started overcoming the singular status - as well as the marvelousness of the first two moulds - though without bringing back the beautiful balance of the third.

And theirs were groundbreaking sports skills!
Postby NIckC » Tue May 30, 2023 7:42 pm
plus one for a black angry smurf- especially in light of George Floyd and similar events in the US in recent times....maybe a purple version like the cartoon did
Page 1 of 1

Login