Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:23 pm
My local Walmart has a really nice smurf display to promote the smurf DVD and while buying a TV there today, I thought I ask the saleswoman if they give those displays away after the promotion ends.

To my surprise, she told me that they usually sell those display (wouldn't say for how much) but only if they know 100% that they are not needed at a later date.

I have never heard of a store selling their displays (like posters or stands) and was wondering if the saleswoman knew what she is talking about or if Walmart really sells their displays :-?

Usually stores will give them to you, send them back or (oh the horror) destroy them :o
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:06 pm
Check a different Wal MArt...my guess is if they sell them they could get in trouble (at least that was my experience when I worked at a movie theater many years ago)> Most Wal MArts or Targets give them away at least to employees... something sounds fishy with them saying they will sell them.

Postby bradley » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 am
employee trying to make money off the displays :)
Have you got a photo of your dvd display? Would be nice to see what it looks like. Maybe try asking at a different store.

With the cinema displays here most said they send them back.... meaning they bin them. But cinemas up in QLD where my smurfy friend Carla lives, her local cinemas were all taking bids on displays. She had to place a bid down on the smurf displays she wanted. And then after they finished with the displays she hadn't heard anything so she figured she'd been outbid but she received a surprise call and she got to buy the cardboard smurfs joined to the rope. Can't remember how much she paid but I guess some places will sell the displays. I wouldn't think they'd charge a lot of money for them...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:33 am
Yes, the more I think about it, the more I agree, that she tried snatch it up and sell it to me but wasn't sure how to go about it (she did contradict herself).

I don't want the display that badly though..it's a cardboard with the smurfs on it...I got a picture of it on my phone and will see that I download it later today :D

It's nothing as nice as Europe or Australia has but would still nice to have :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:56 pm
I asked about the display and they said they could not give them out they had to destroy them because they did not belong to the store. But you see over and over again all the "destroyed" items ending up on ebay so who's to say what an employee does when no one was looking. I know if I worked at a store where I knew a smurf display was being tossed I'd park my car extra close to the dumpster and miss the garbage... by accident of course :) :) :grinning: :grinning:
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:46 pm
They put that very nice display up for about a week at my store. I have a friend that works there. He said he would get it for me if he could. It has been gone for about two weeks. I guess he was not there when it was taken apart. Oh well.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login