Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Clockwork » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:17 pm
I just picked up Gargamel's castle from the Entex Loc Bloc toys. Yes, it's a Lego clone, but it glows in the dark (!!!). Has anyone ever tried to assemble this thing? :banghead: Oy, the instructions are brutal. I found out early on that my set was not complete and at least missing the parts to make the door. I tried to work around it, but I couldn't make heads or tails of the instructions. I gave up and decided to keep it as cute box art on the shelf with the two figures. I cannot imagine putting this thing together one christmas morning in the 80's...wow. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Lego :lol:

Still a cute set and I have glowing bricks to mess with...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:16 pm
:) :)

Yes, I assembled it for my website...it took me three tries I think and took a very long time...I am not a lego or loc bloc person so I am not sure I enjoyed the experience but I did feel very proud of myself when I was done.....took the picture and disassembled it again to save on room :cheers:

http://hiddeninthewoods.com/LocBloc.html
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Clockwork » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 pm
Sad part is that it looks like a cute item to display. I won't risk it though as I am 100% positive there is a man rocking back and forth in a mental ward somewhere repeating "Daddy, help me build my Gargamel castle."

The figures display nicely, but they do need a block to stand on due to that peg.

Postby Smurf1303 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:53 pm
Congrats on your castle :D
I keep getting outbid on those 3 sets, one day..

Postby Clockwork » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:35 pm
Be careful with them. Even if they are complete, the plastic is brittle from age and may have cracks. :( I was looking over the parts and it has affected roughly 40% of the parts, so they do not age very well. The cracks really do show up on the glow bricks too. Hope you find a nice minty one that is a breeze to build! ;)

Postby Tintin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:08 am
Hi

Never really tried loc blocks from the smurfs.
But played with lego for hours and hours :-D

Tintin
Page 1 of 1

Login