Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:01 pm
I have to say I am very disappointed that there isn't much out there in regards to smurfy stuff...I went Christmas shopping today and of course also checked for smurfy stuff.

Neither of my local Walmarts has anything except for one T-shirt and the DVD which is sold out...Target was even worse as they only had the DVD and BlueRays all of which was sold out (I saw the tags)..but no toys or even T-shirts.

FYE (a music store) was great...they had new smurf cups, a smurfette plush holding a blanket..posters and a few of the Jakks Pacific smurfs. Will post pictures of the cups and plush in the movie Memorabilia thread later today or tomorrow.

Toys R Us was ok as well...no new items, but still plenty of the plush, Jakks Pacific playsets, a puzzle, the talking plush (finally got the Gargamel) and also a sleeping bag. It was all a bit hidden though so that wasn't cool at all.

Books A Million had a little playbook with sounds and the 2012 US calendar but none of the comic books which was a huge disappointment

Hallmark didn't have the ornament...but had one birthday card

All the while, I saw Disney and Peanuts stuff EVERYWHERE....I just can't help but think how, whoever is in charge of the smurf merchandise, is missing out...the interest is there as proven by the fact that the DVD was sold out everywhere, so why not produce stuff to go with it..especially around Christmas when people shop like crazy :o

What about other countries..or other parts of the US? I know this area is relatively unsmurfy and never had much of anything in regards to smurfs (I get most of my stuff online or from Stace and Dyar up in Delaware who seem to live in smurfy heaven :) )
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Clockwork » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:19 pm
True. Not just the added exposure from the recent movie, but the Smurfs have two popular games as well. They are enjoying a more visible public profile lately and you think that would translate into more merchandise. :-?

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:32 pm
I keep seeing more smurfy stuff over here, than before.
Bed sheets, pillows, games, dvd and B-R, figures, thermo cup, etc.
Even saw the mood light in different 2 sizes, which rather surprised me. Didn't bought one, but was close to. :lol:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bradley » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:53 pm
Not a lot of Smurfs to be found in Australia. The movie toys were only available in 3 stores here. Toys R Us, Big W and Myer. All of which had a limited supply and once it all sold out, it was all gone. And it was all sold out not long after the film release. I see the games advertised most weeks in the mass of cataloges we are getting in the post box at the moment. But I've never seen the games in stores although I haven't gone to look for them anyway. Big W seem to have their own line of tshirts for kids and womens sleep wear I think. And the DVD sets are easy to find in most stores. They are up to season five which was released beginning of this month. So other than that there hasn't been any more merchandising out.

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:40 pm
I think the companies producing stuff was on the ball (some really nice items that were shown at toyfair have yet to show up...like dancing Gutsy and the design your own smurf from Jakks). I think its the retailers who thought no one would buy the product. Series two of The Jakks smurfs has show up and disappears quickly. No single packs though so I haven't seen Jokey yet.

Postby Tojo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 am
I haven't been shopping for a while now but I'm planning on going in to Frankfurt next week so if I find anything other than the Schleich stuff I'll post it here.

I have seen the dvd in various sales brochures so that's something I suppose.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Gerda » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 pm
I think retailers missed the ball big time on this, If the movies sold out of two stores and did as good as it did in theaters you would think someone gets the idea that we want more smurfs :banghead: Up here it's funny because I can go to a walmart that is an hour away I found a clumsy plush with blanket but the blanket that said I'm a hero. No other store I went to had them. Our toys r us seems to be sold out, kmart in town had the 2nd wave of the scene pack and double packs of smurfs from jakks, but those where almost sold out. All other walmarts around here had the movies but not much of anything else. Most stores that I visited that at one point did have smurfs got picked over really good and where out or almost out of everything. Sad, i would have thought we see more things too :( :(
happily smurfing along

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 am
I went out shopping yesterday and I didn't find anything smurfy either :(
Page 1 of 1

Login