Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby TimeZero » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Um, I have no idea where to post this topic... I stated it before in another message but I didn't see replies. But the question was off-topic there.

I would like to ask anyway, is there anyone who had ideas by him/herself for a new series of Smurfs ? I mean, since a few years, the Smurfs are always based on a "topic". Let's see, what did we got before ?

In 2012, it seems it's going to be new Olympic Smurfs. In 2011 we had the 6 movie Smurfs and in 2010 we had a first movie set of Smurfs. Then there were the anniversary Smurfs and Gargamel and before them, there were Classic Smurfs, American native Smurfs and a soccer and orchestra theme.

So, what would be nice for you as a new serie ? Let's say, if you could decided on what the 2013 Smurfs would be, what would you prefer ?

I have two ideas.
First, I would like to see a new Classis Smurfs series again, I think there are enough characters that can be put in this like : handy, lazy, hefty, greedy, painter, farmer, poet, clumsy... (already got 8 in a few seconds).

Then, I think putting Smurfs in a national dress would be nice. A Brainy Smurf in a Japanese (kimono) or a Smurfette in a sexy Chinese dress would be fun. Or a Papa Smurf as an Indian Smurf with a turban (is that the correct English word ?). Or we could have a U.S. Smurf, which obviously would be a new cowboy. There could be a new Scottish or German Smurf (A Bayerish beer Smurf, lol). Or what about a Smurf in an Eskimo outfit ? Or a Smurf dressed as a native African ? Or you could have a Smurfette in a typical Belgian or Dutch dress (with those wooden clogs). Or maybe an Englishman, dressed like that Charlie Chaplin movie Smurf from last year. A Russian out fit maybe ?
There are a lot of dresses and outfits they can be given. It would be fun to see.

What are your opinions/ideas ?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm
I would like smurfs to be put back into their classical habitat...and have the classic smurfs back based on the cartoon series..or even the comic books.

Some would be a remake of previously released smurfs, but I wouldn't really care about this.

What I really really really would like is new playsets based on the smurf village, i.e. Handy's house, Papa's lab, Farmer's garden (we already got the fences), Hefty's gymn, the river damm, Greedy's kitchen, Dreamy's boat..in other words playsets not dissimilar to what Jakks Pacific has released in the last few years.

I used to think I wanted to see smurfs in local colors, but have gone away from it as I don't think they would be very smurfy..and we already have gotten a German smurf, US smurf, Scottish smurf, Irish smurf..and are getting the Usain smurf (according to Andre :) )

So, yes, for me a perfect series would be "back to the basics"...just with new molds :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby TimeZero » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:43 am
Hm yes, you have a point.

Ah. The Smurf Dam and the Smurf Bridge over the Smurf River. That would make two new nice and original playsets. What they are called ? Geschlumpfe ?

Postby Tintin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:10 am
Hi

I like them best in the classic style...............from the comic books.
Not the modern smurfs.

In one of the comic books there is a smurf playing darts with bees.
Now that would be a nice one.

Tintin

Postby DK-Netherlands » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:40 pm
I would prefer anything that has the 70's 80's 'nature' look, i mean, let's say the supersmurf in a car, made of 'wood' with a mushroom, that's how a smurfcar actually would look like. Or the smurfbed with mushroom details... That to me is Smurf and Schleich at it's best!!!

Anything with that look i would LOVE!!!

And then i would love a pirateship, smurf castle, off course the train...haha!

:-)

Postby TimeZero » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 am
Seeing the new Smurfs for 2013, I was hoping once again to see some day Smurfs in a national dress. It would fit a perfect theme.

There are a lot of choices for at least 8 figurines :
- Canadian Smurf (a Smurf in a mounty police outfit)
- North-American Smurf (would be definitely a new cowboy, give him a guitar or a lasso or something)
- Mexican Smurf (yes, one with a Sombrero of course)
- South-American Smurf (don't they all wear Ponchos and something strange on there head)
- Chinese dress Smurfette (yes, Smurfette in a sexy Chinese dress, with such a huge split)
- Japanese kimono Brainy (the outfit fits Brainy well, wooden shoes and such)
- Indian Papa Smurf (with a turban and because of his beard, that should be something for Papa)
- African native Smurf (in a cartoonesc straw outfit, woudn't that be something for Wild Smurf ?)
- Eskimo Smurf (we actually never saw one, which surprised me a bit...)
- And then for Europe : a Smurfette from the Netherlands (in orange with clumps) or from Belgium (should be with lace and clumps), a German Smurf (beer & lederhosen !), a Scottish Smurf, an English old fashioned Smurf (includes the hat and the stick) or one from the Royal guard, a Russian outfit (those warm clothes with that typical hood), a Greek outfit (not the historical outfit, but that traditional outfit with those strange shoes)...
- And what about Australia ? Some kind of farmer ?

I already mentioned 16 Smurfs, good for two series of figurines :-)
I wonder if they would ever do something with this idea, or if the idea came into someone's mind.
How they would look, I leave it to everyone's imagination. I am not a good drawer, so I can't give you an idea of how they look in my imagination.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm
The more I think about, the more I am convinced it won't happen..because it would be nearly impossible not to offend somebody which is a big No No nowadays.

Cowboys hardly represent Americans anymore..although a smurf with Moonshine representing hillbillies would be hilarious :sofunny:

We also already have a Scot smurf, a smurf in Lederhosen (even if it's not officially stated as a German smurf), cowboys, Indians...not sure if we have other "native" smurfs? :?

I really would like to see more figures based on the comic book and/or cartoons..not the movie, but the original Peyo comic books..and some of the cartoons that are based on them :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:03 am
I would like to see a new clockwork smurfs with comic accurate colors...and perhaps scaling as he is bigger than normal smurfs in the comic

Postby andriescom » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 am
Agree with Tracker Smurf. Got my first Clockwork this week and the first thing I noticed was the brown colours of the ears and feet. Strange that I didn't notice it on the pictures.

I would also like to see more Classic Smurfs. Maybe even Homnibus, though with a new generation of buyers he obviously wouldn't sell.

Just a side note - I wonder if we all had to nominate the worst (or least favourite) series of figurines? I would without a doubt nominate the Astrology Star Sign Smurfs. I just don't like them at all (though they are in my collection!)
Andries

One day I will own the praying Smurfs...

Postby Tracker Smurf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm
I liked the astrology ones that were not weird animals...gemini was nice, aquarius was ok, and the angel smurfette for virgo was cute....but yeah weird scorpion and bull smurfs was a little strange...though I liked the centaur smurf because it was like a greek mythology thing

Postby TimeZero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:41 am
I still have to buy that series, and I will, though I am not a big fan of them. They sometimes look too weird indeed. Also the Halloween serie was not one of my favourites because of that reason.. Dracula, Frankenstein...

Postby Wakko » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am
I posted in another thread my affinity for the named comics/cartoon characters. So I wish they would do another set of "classics" that focused on characters that have never received proper figures, such as:

- Tailor (a proper one, not the sitting/sewing one)
- Showoff
- Flighty
- Poet (a BETTER one, anyway... I hate the pose of the old one)
- Crazy
- Scaredy / Panicky
- Nosey
- Tuffy
- Weakling
- Wooly

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:32 pm
- Showoff
- Crazy
- Flighty
- Nosey
- Tuffy
- Weakling
- Wooly
I am not too familiar with the English names of the cartoon smurfs, so I have no idea which ones you mean....do you have pictures of the ones above?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Wakko » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:45 pm
- Showoff
- Crazy
- Flighty
- Nosey
- Tuffy
- Weakling
- Wooly
I am not too familiar with the English names of the cartoon smurfs, so I have no idea which ones you mean....do you have pictures of the ones above?
You can see images for all of them on the Smurf Wiki. (http://smurfs.wikia.com/wiki/Smurfs_Wiki)

Showoff is from the comics. Crazy is from the movie. Flighty, Nosey, Tuffy, Weakling and Wooly are from the cartoon. Some of these Smurfs are "plain" (white hat, white pants only), so their characters would have to be represented by gestures/expressions only.

Showoff wears a jacket and sunglasses. Both Weakling and Tuffy wear black belts (don't ask me why). Wooly Smurf is a sheepshearer, so he wears a wooly white hat, red bandana, and brown belt.
Page 1 of 1

Login