Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1

WOW

Postby smurfowen » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:39 pm
Just to let you guys know that there is a guy on facebook that has a smurf collection to die for. Its enough to make any collector sososososososos jealous.

But besides this he has left me stund, confused etc etc.

I always believed that the three christmas prototype smurfs were just that. Now I see that by the looks of it there are colour variations of the original three also. Does anybody have more info?
Attachments
303950_2496744300059_1296413291_32982805_1940963952_n.jpg
303950_2496744300059_1296413291_32982805_1940963952_n.jpg (85.07 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
Prototype_Christmas_Angel_Smurf.jpg
Prototype_Christmas_Angel_Smurf.jpg (14.6 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Tintin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:46 pm
Hi Owen

The ones in front look real to me.
The others i really don't know.
There are a lot of fakes made of these.
A few years back someone showed me this one, even for a fake i didn't have the money for it.

Tintin
Attachments
fake.jpg
fake.jpg (83.03 KiB) Viewed 2029 times

Postby stampysmurf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm
I don't know why Schleich didn't make more of these....They are really nice!

Postby smurfowen » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm
The three in the front are Originals.
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:12 pm
The different colored angels are fakes...I have one as well and the material is clearly a fake. The good thing is that it was never sold as anything else.

Also looks like the collector got a set from SmurfySteve in the back. :D

About the second row....it's hard to tell from the picture...they look really good but off hand I would have to say probably fake (expecially when you look at TinTin's picture). I do believe, however, there are raws available of the prototypes. I think I heard that from somebody and it would make sense that not all were painted after Schleich decided to discontinue the production of them.

Here is another question...by now I know of quite a few collectors who own these prototypes and all swear theirs are genuine...all of them are collectors I trust to know what they are talking about, but when you count them, you come up with at least 10 or more collectors owning them (not all of them owe a full set though). For me a prototype is something that was made in a VERY limited number like 5 or less....so did Schleich actually produce more of these than we first thought? Obviously they are still the rarest molds of genuine Schleich molds...but how rare are they? :?

Out of curiousity, Pierre, I know there are a few German collectors with collections to die for...is this collector from Germany? 8)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby paolo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 am
The smurfs in this picture are worth more than an entire collection! :shock:

Postby Birba » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:45 pm
The smurf angel in the front don't seems to be original in my opinion, but I don't have got an original one to be sure of my thought, in every way... great photo!! The owner of these smurfs should be very happy!!! :-D

:shock: the collector is a friend of mine! I don't know about the angel variation, I have some doubts on it. :-?
Page 1 of 1

Login