Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby jrparadine » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:38 pm
Okay, here's a subject that I don't think has been covered much! But I am curious to see what your opinion is!

When smurfette arrived it was understood that all smurfs were male and there were no others! She was created by Garglesmell! Then baby smurf came via a blue moon! Was baby created by magic. Or via a female smurf!? Sassette came and was made the same as smurfette. Then Grandpa came and was papa smurfs papa! That suggests that papa had brothers! So where are they, are they in villiages of their own? Or are they dead, killed by another Gargamel? Then Grandma smurf arrived! That too suggests there are other smurfettes, and that baby smurfs have just got to come from them!!
To me that opens up so many opportunities for new stories, new smurfs and new locations. Even a whole new series!

What do you all think!
JOnathan

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:51 am
Well on first impression I would say don't over anylize it as it will get frustrating :x But it does offer an interesting point. I know when I talk to my daughter about smurfs I tell her that there are little smurf villages all over the world (of course she used to think there was a smurf village in the woods behind our apartment). I just like the idea that there are smurfs everywhere. Maybe when they reach a certain age they go out and become the papa of their own village where a stork delivers a whole new batch of smurfs. :-? Still does not acount for the other female smurf but I would guess Nanny was created some way similar to smurfette and sassette but maybe not for an evil purpose.

Postby Pitufo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:29 am
Interesting thread, but one of the things I have loved the most about smurfs is the misteries about their origin...About the way of reproduction, the way they become old smurfs etc etc etc...I only know a village of smurfs but I am sure somewhere (as tracker says) there are some others and perhaps in that place smurfs and smurfettes are 50-50
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 am
I don't think the existence of Nanny was ever explained :-?

The way I understood it was that Grandpa was formerly Papa Smurf..and as such was the Papa of the village when the current Papa was small. He went away to look for a way to save the village and I guess, the current Papa became Papa Smurf. I don't think he actually fathered the smurfs (as humans procreate)..and one of the best mysteries is where the stork brings the babies from. :-? I love the mystery of that.

I also thought that Baby smurf is the future Papa Smurf since it also has the magical powers that the current Papa Smurf has..and it would explain why there is only one Baby Smurf currently...all of the Papa Smurfs are older than the normal ones..so the stork must bring those a bit sooner he brings the others.....
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tintin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 am
Hi

Well i agree with Trackers first impression............... don't over analize all this................
These are comics, anything can happen there.

Tintin

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:39 pm
Hi

Well i agree with Trackers first impression............... don't over analize all this................
These are comics, anything can happen there.

Tintin
But I thought that the stories are all true :( :( :( :( :lol: :lol:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby jrparadine » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:18 pm
I did't realize I was over analyising. So very sorry! I just though it might be a fun topic to talk about! I'll see it dosen't happen again!
JOnathan

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:34 pm
I did't realize I was over analyising. So very sorry! I just though it might be a fun topic to talk about! I'll see it dosen't happen again!
Nah, feel free to discuss anything you'd like...that's the beauty of the forum...we are all different and even though we all like smurfs, we like different things about them or view them in a different way :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:19 pm
Very well stated Moey. And I agree keep those questions comming, even if none of us know the answers. I am almost 60 and I offten think about things like that. Also wonder sometime if the Borrower's don't live under my house. That would explain why I can never find anything. Would be kind of neat if either of them did exist.
P.S. just in case some of you don't understand the Borrower's. They were a family of little people that lived under somone's house. They would borrow things from the people above.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 pm
OOO Borrowers too...this is becoming a fun topic. BTW I love the cartoon episode where Baby Smurf arrives and Brainy is going on about where Baby Smurfs come from and it turns out he's clueless. Even when its explained it has a world of mystery and magic to it.

Postby Tintin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:21 am
Hi Jonathan

[/quote]I did't realize I was over analyising. So very sorry! I just though it might be a fun topic to talk about! I'll see it dosen't happen again[/quote]

Please feel free to write what ever that comes up with you :D
Your opinion is just as important as any other !!!!!!!!!!! :-D

But for me in this case, i learned that there are living 100 smurfs into the village........... later came smurfette, grandma sassette etc etc .... so i lost it already a few years ago............ and i am just leaving it with this.
But if others wants to talk about this ............ feel free, i am happy to read all other opinions :cheers:

Tintin
Postby André » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 pm
Okay, here's a subject that I don't think has been covered much! But I am curious to see what your opinion is!

When smurfette arrived it was understood that all smurfs were male and there were no others! She was created by Garglesmell! Then baby smurf came via a blue moon! Was baby created by magic. Or via a female smurf!? Sassette came and was made the same as smurfette. Then Grandpa came and was papa smurfs papa! That suggests that papa had brothers! So where are they, are they in villiages of their own? Or are they dead, killed by another Gargamel? Then Grandma smurf arrived! That too suggests there are other smurfettes, and that baby smurfs have just got to come from them!!
To me that opens up so many opportunities for new stories, new smurfs and new locations. Even a whole new series!

What do you all think!
Intresting subject Jonathan! :D

I have not seen the Hanna Barbera series so my answers are in the comics. :lol: I have always seen them like this.

Smurfette was made because the smurfs felt sorry for Smurfette that she did not have any girlfriend. So she was made just like Smurfette with Gargamels magic from his book. And made out of clay.

By the way I just love that the figurines were made to look like the ones in the comics sometimes. And the Quick promo goes very nice with the picture when Sassette was made?? :D

The comics goes very well with the "new generation"-smurfs Schleich made in the end of 1980s.
Attachments
sassette2.jpg
sassette2.jpg (90.23 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
sassette1.jpg
sassette1.jpg (105.02 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby André » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:10 pm
For me grandpa and grandma are not real. The smurfs made fun of Lazysmurf when he was asleep and put clothes on so they would look 200 years older. That is for me the reason grandpa exists. As you see here he has nothing to do with papasmurf because it doesn´t matter that he is 200 years older since he is so old anyway?? :lol: But the baysmurf is a grownup in this "joke" against Lazy. :D
Attachments
grandpa.jpg
grandpa.jpg (105.83 KiB) Viewed 5316 times
André

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Postby André » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:14 pm
Also the Puppy is in these comics as you know. :D

You remember they did not like that Schleich made this in wrong colours in the beginning and Schleich had to change them! :lol:
Attachments
puppy.jpg
puppy.jpg (100.43 KiB) Viewed 5314 times
André

Postby André » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:18 pm
But there is one thing that is a bit of a mystery in the comics. But as it also should be in comics!! :-D

When the stork came with the babysmurf he later came back because he had delievered the baby to the wrong address, you can not help wondering where the baby should have been delievered. It is a smurfbaby so maybe there are as you say other smurfvillages where babies could be delievered to by the stork?? :-? :lol:
Attachments
baby.jpg
baby.jpg (87.8 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
André

Postby Tojo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:48 pm
That last point is a very good one André. I don't think that I've read that comic book yet.

Postby smurfowen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 pm
Take not that baby smurfs birthday is on Saturday and will be 28 years old. lol

17 September 1983

Now I bet you did not know that.
Attachments
IMG_3186.JPG
IMG_3186.JPG (110.64 KiB) Viewed 5255 times
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Tintin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Hi

Nice one Owen !!
Wow, a 28 year old baby :)

Tintin

Postby Tojo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:55 pm
"A Baby smurf arrives via stork once in a blue moon"

One didn't arrive in New York in the new movie though :-? :) :)

Postby bwalters » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:11 pm
Must have arrived in the village, but there must have been two of them as there were two blue moons.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 2

Login