Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 3 of 22

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:02 am
@Ron and Lia: Great to see that traveller enjoyed himself. :D Those pics are awesome. :smitten: :D I love your pics and the stories. :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 am
@all: In case you want to send the traveller to me, would you be so kind and send him after my birthday at the earliest, please? You know, I have classes until Mid February and thus I won't have much enough time to give him the grand tour he deserves. :help:

Thank you so much in advance.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:39 am
Dom has created a Twitter account for the World Traveller so if you want to follow him on Twitter his name is barotw :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:31 pm
WT is ready to move on...

But he spent a bit of time here in Arnhem, and let's show you some more pics from his stay...

We visited different spots in Arnhem. WT was quite interested in the route navigation. He is a bit worried that he might get lost somewhere, and a navigation system might help him..

Being a soccer fan (did anybody know that?) he wanted to see the stadion of Arnhem Football Club "Vitesse". Only the Ajax Arena in Amsterdam and the Vitesse stadion here in Arnhem are the ones where the roof can close. Special about this one is as well that the grass field is moved out on a hydraulic system, when the stadion is used for concerts (recently Madonna, Metallica, Donna Summer and many dutch stars).

Arnhem was on a critical spot during the end of WW2. This bridge is the bridge where the battle of Arnhem was all about. The story can be seen in the movie "A Bridge Too Far" (1977). That movie is actually shot in Deventer, because there the historic houses are still there, in Arnhem they were destroyed...

A much more modern bridge over the river Rhine (Rijn) is the Mandela bridge.

Lia showed the towers of Haren and Groningen. WT wanted to see the "Eusebius Toren". A marking point in Arnhem.
Unfortunatley that tower is now covered up completely, he has to come back to arnhem to see it in his restored glory.

The backside of the Eusebius church is next to the Maarten van Rossum house, the former Arnhem City hall. The new city hall is now behind it.
Image.

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:46 pm
Visiting Arnhem as a tourist you have to have visited the Zoo. Burgers Zoo has a worldfamous "Burger's Bush" where a huge building with a floating glass roof houses a rainforrest, and "Burger's Ocean" has a very nice display of ocean life on different depths. WT found it all very impressive.
He is seen below having a chat whith some penguins.

Next to the Zoo is the "Openluchtmuseum" or historic village museum. Also very nice to visit!

WT wanted to show you were he stayed exactly. So that is here:

Just today he found out that the 2008 Kinder Smurfs from Germany are now to be found in the Netherlands. These new friends with another BPZ where bought at...AH - Albert Heijn, where else...

WT is relaxing now. He was just reading the latest 2010-nr 1 Smurf magazine which appeared.

Tonight he will have his last night here, tomorrow morning he travel a little bit more south, to visit Nance.

We all enjoyed it a lot, Ron and Aly wish WT a safe and interesting journey all over the world. He wants to see a bit of Europe, but it seems that he really is interested to see all of you...

Good Night!
Greetings Aly and Ron

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:53 am
Great report Ron! :-D :) :)

Postby André » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:06 am
Great pictures Ron!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Lia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:46 am
I agree!
I don`t know Arnhem so well and I like the Gelredome!

Lia

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:09 am
Great pics! :-D :) :) :)

Whith so much interesting stuff I think WT will be disapointed with Herning. :???:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 am
Whith so much interesting stuff I think WT will be disapointed with Herning. :???:
Believe me: it is not in a Smurfs nature to be dissapointed, especially not in WT's nature. And I checked a bit, but I think there is more than enough to show from a beautyfull Denmark....

Postby Lia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 pm
Ron is absolutely right Sandra!
Denmark is so lovely too! I really really liked it a lot, green,clean,friendly,civilized and a lot of space!

Lia

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:40 pm
What wonderful pictures! I am enjoying travelling around the world with World Travelling Smurf very much!! :D :D

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:47 pm
After a long trip World Traveller arrived and says 'Hi' to his friends.

:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 pm
Market square of Zichem with World War II monument.

Monks abbey 'Norbertijnen' baroque build in 1135, situated in the beautiful area "De Merode"

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:51 pm
Ernest Claes Statue.
He wrote "de witte" (means "white" and it refers his white hair) a book about the life of a young boy, a rascal and probably the most known book in Belgium.
Two famous Belgian directors made a movie with the book as storyboard. The second movie starts with my grandpa, a farmer riding his horse with wagon.

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm
Scherpenheuvel is a place of pilgrimage.

Every year on the first of May people go on foot, individually or in group to Scherpenheuvel. Some leave home early in the morning and arrive late in the evening.

It's a habit believers light a candle and pray to 'Onze-Lieve-Vrouw' in the basilica.

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm
The central cupola of the basilica with it's 298 stars and represents our cosmos.

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:56 pm
At my Birthday party

:party:

Postby André » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm
Great Pictures Nance! :cheers:

WT seems to be having a good time and obviously liked your birthdayparty with those familiar guests. :lol:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby stampysmurf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:52 pm
Beautiful pictures! WT Looks like he's having a great time! :D
Page 3 of 22

Login