Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Jekyll » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:07 pm
Yesterday I've sent a mail to GASCHer's to ask when the new "Schlumpf Katalog" will be release, and this is their answer:

"Dear Smurf friend,
thank you for your interest in our Smurf Collector’s Service!

We still have to wait fort the “ok” of the smurf licensor PEYO – we are planning to issue the new catalog in december ....

Best smurfy regards from munich
Frank Oswald
GASCHer's"

I've seen their website and this year they have released the new Collector's Guide for Schleich Animals and they are going to issue the firstCatalog for Schleich Figure in the next months.

I hope for the issue in the end of this year.

Jekyll
Sorry for my English

My collection:
Regular 366/392 + (var: 72)
Super 41/75 + (var: 8 )
Christmas+Easter 15/24 + (var: 1)
Historical 0/6 - Sockel 22 - Promo 87 + Others 25
Total 422/497 (var: 81) + (Others: 134) =>[637]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:11 pm
I wonder if smurfs are included in the Schleich figuren catalog :-?

Thank you for the update, Jekyll :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:13 pm
That would be great if it's out by December. I know what I want Santa to bring me. :-D :) :)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 pm
Glad they're coming out with another one, I had spilled coffee on mine.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Pitufo » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:24 pm
The KAtalogue IV is a bit old at this moment, and as we know it contains many mistakes (of course I am not saying I would make a btter one). Let´s hope it will have new references: argentina, brasil, a better catalogue of cnts...And perhpas with bad situation of the econonmy around the worls, the prices are more "realistic" (some of them are too high comparing to the real market and some other are just "imposible to find"

Anyway...GOOD LUCK to Frank!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: gossips :wink: we all know some of the collectors who help Frank lat katlogue...Who will be the collectors tht will offer his/her knowledgement????
JOAQUÍN

Postby Simon X » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:04 pm
In this board the user "Dabsy" says that Gaschers is going to publish the new catalogue in the end of 2011...

http://www.eierkreis.de/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=2174

I have no idea how reliable this source is, but I thought I should post it. Dabsy says the catalogue is more or less ready, but will be published so late because of the film being shown in the cinemas in 2011 and because of many new smurfs that will be produced until then (including new smurfs in the Kinder Ferrero Suprise Eggs)...

Postby Jekyll » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:34 am
In the mail that F. Oswald has sent to me, He has said "we are planning to issue the new catalog in december .... ", but hasn't said December 2009 or December 2011.. I hope that wiill be the next December
:) :-?
Sorry for my English

My collection:
Regular 366/392 + (var: 72)
Super 41/75 + (var: 8 )
Christmas+Easter 15/24 + (var: 1)
Historical 0/6 - Sockel 22 - Promo 87 + Others 25
Total 422/497 (var: 81) + (Others: 134) =>[637]

Postby André » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:17 am
If the movie starts in december 2010 in US and february 2011 in Europe, it would be great opportunity to promote the smurf PVC´s and other smurf items around the world, if the catalogue is released december 2010. So I am hoping for that date, if not sooner off course. :)

/André

Postby paolo » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:12 am
Already new kinder eggs with smurfs? really? :woohoo:

Postby Tommo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 am
Do we ever think that there will be a new DSK or do we think that, due to copyright issues, that I.M.P.S will not allow another one to be produced? :-? :???:

Postby André » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 pm
I hope we will get a new catalogue.

But in the answer they say that they need the OK from the smurf licensor PEYO. In the last catalogue there were a lot of mistakes like the Kwak accessories. Those accessories have nothing to do with Peyo and maybe they don´t like smurfcatalogue-makers to add items which has nothing to do with smurfs???? :-? Or variations not approved by Peyo??? On the other hand they also listed fakes in the DSK IV so I have no idea.

Most collectors like myself would love a new catalogue though. I don´t mind a few errors. :lol: :cheers:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tommo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:56 pm
Did the previous catalogues have the KWAK items and the fakes?

With the variations, if Schleich don't have a list of what ones they did how can they say what is approved or not? :-?

Postby André » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 pm
In the SCCI-letters it says that Peyo approved which colours to be used on for example Sassette and that is why they changed her hair.

But I don´t know if Schleich and Peyo have an archive with all their items made or approved?? :-?

The best thing would be if they made the catalogues themselves. It could be a problem when sellers makes catalogues. More rare items is good to have in catalogues and then the prices gets higher.

I think the kwak-items sold as smurfprototypes with a value of 250 euro are a lot more profitable, compare to sell them together with a Alfred Kwak-figurine?? :-? :banghead: :lol:
André

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tommo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:34 pm
I can see why that would be a problem in regards to the Kwak items sold a prototypes. This is the reason, after reading some threads on it here, etc... why I have never bought the Trecker smurf with either the green or white knapsack. This applies as well to the Ice Hockey smurf with the multiple coloured sticks.

Postby André » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:09 pm
there is one thing I have thought about. Did Peyo also always had to approve of all promos made? It seems like that if we check the IMPS-catalogue. In the promobrochure from schleich I have regarding making promos it seemed pretty easy for companies getting these and that they just had to contact Schleich. But maybe Schleich always had to ask Peyo for a OK for each company?? :-? I assume that, otherwise Peyo could be connected to the weaponindustry, political promotions etc.?? :-? :lol:
André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm
I can't remember who said it but somebody stated on here that the promo smurfs don't belong to Schleich but to the company who is promoted. They in turn had to get the license from Peyo to make them official. I think this was said when BASF released Dr. Dinch and Hexalotte..that mold belongs to BASF..but it was Schleich who produced them (hence why their markings are on them)

Schleich is simply the company who makes them in some cases but not all (as we see with McDonalds, Albert Heijn and so on who don't use Schleich) but it's IMPS/Peyo/Lafig who owns the copyright and has to approve any official promos. At least that's how I understand it?

This would explain why Schleich never kept a record of any of the promotional smurfs.

I still believe that a lot of promos are not official (meaning they are not licensed by Peyo)..but are semi-official in that the company they promote used an existing smurf and put their name on it (or attached something to them)

The last I heard about the catalog is that Frank was ready to release it but was working on getting the license from IMPS..that was a few years ago so I guess he was never able to obtain it.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm
I think we won´t have a new DSK anymore...

The world of smurfs collector has changed a lot last few years. Internet is the most useful way of exchanging info
JOAQUÍN
Page 1 of 1

Login