Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:29 pm
I have just thought of something and I am confused!

If smurfs originate from Belgium, and Schleich are a German company, why do the markings say W. Germany or Germany and not l'Allemagne or Deutschland?

Postby Tor » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:04 pm
Why do things from Hong Kong say "Made in Hong Kong" and not #^'´#`.\ :)
/Tor

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:01 pm
No idea Karen, I am still trying to figure out why the markings on Dyar say Made In Backseat Of Toyota?

Dyar...oh what a feeling it will be to finally figure that one out.

:D

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:39 am
I am still trying to figure out why the markings on Dyar say Made In Backseat Of Toyota?
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Postby Raresmurf » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:34 am
LEGEND!!!
No idea Karen, I am still trying to figure out why the markings on Dyar say Made In Backseat Of Toyota?

:D

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:42 am
Are those markings on your butt or feet? :o Maybe Mrs. Dyar needs to flip you over and check :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:29 pm
When Karen first asked this question I thought "OMG I don't know" but I suppose as the smurfs were always being produced for many countries it was easier to make all the markings in one language right from the start to make life a bit easier. :-?
I am still trying to figure out why the markings on Dyar say Made In Backseat Of Toyota?
Hubby suggested to me quite recently that I should have Peyo, Schleich, Made in Wales tattooed on one of my feet and a coloured dot! What is more worrying was I actually thought it was rather a good idea at the time! :cheer:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:51 am
Hubby suggested to me quite recently that I should have Peyo, Schleich, Made in Wales tattooed on one of my feet and a coloured dot! What is more worrying was I actually thought it was rather a good idea at the time! :cheer:
I still think it's a great idea Rachel. I wonder what Mrs Dyar would think of that idea?.....I am sure she would think Made A Mess would be more apt for me though.

Messi Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:26 am
LOL poor Drew! That's probably already branded on you somewhere but you just haven't found it yet!

P.S. I like how you automatically use "i" in place of "y" now LOL :D
:dory: Staci :dory:
Page 1 of 1

Login