Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 3

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:09 am
On Saturday, my mum and me went to Kassel. As I said before, we had a brief discussion with the doctor, who takes care of my dad.
We were told that my dad had broken two vertebrae and that they couldn't operate him, for it was much too risky. (He might have become disabled then) Therefore he has to stay there for another two or three weeks, before he will be taken to another hospital placed in Bad Sassendorf, which is about halfway between Dortmund and Kassel. Then my dad is going to get a corset, which he has to wear as long as he stays there, namely for three months. He also has to train his back, day by day.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:27 am
Hi Dominique

That is so devastating and I really don't know what to say to you. I can only pray that his back will recover and he will be able to have mobility again. This is really sad news and I know you and your mum must be struggling to deal with this sudden shock as would your poor father.

I hope he can deal with this and can be strong enough to never give up and to do what he needs to do to train his back again. At the very least he will have you and your Mum with him to give him the love he needs.

I will pray for better days for you all :hug:

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:05 am
Awwwwww thank you so much, Syd.

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:25 am
That's terrible Dominique :( I really hope the corset helps & that after the 'Reha' he fully recovers again. One of my workmates had a Bandscheibenvorfall (no idea what we call it in English - probably slipped disc or something) & had to spend a whole year in a Gipskorsett - he said it was a nightmare but he's fine now & doesn't have any problems anymore so I hope the same will go for your dad :D

Chin up. :hug:

Tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:32 am
I hope so, Tojo. But since my dad got diabetes, it's slightly more complicated... .

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:36 am
How does that complicate things? I don't know much about diabetes really except from my grandad who had it & had to be careful what he ate & drank all the time. He seemed to cope with it quite well though.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:43 am
Well, was your grandfather type 1 or type 2? In fact, I was told that wounds etc. would heal more slowly.

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:53 am
I'm sorry I don't know what type he was. :-? He had to have half of one of his legs amputated as he got older though as he had problems with the blood circulation brought on by his diabetes so it must have been quite bad.

You could be right about wounds healing more slowly. I really don't know. Whatever, I really hope everything works out for your dad.

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:46 am
Hi Dominique, im so sorry to hear your father is so poorly. We are both thinking of you and your family. This must be incredibly hard for you and your family. Stay strong. Lucie & Simon

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:52 pm
Hi Dominique, that is very sad news to hear, let's hope with some time and good treatment your Father can make it back to full health. It must be very difficult for both you and your mother. :hug:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby bundleofkent » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:58 pm
Hi Dominique you are right about wounds healing more slowly. My best friend is a spinal surgeon in Liverpool so if you want to PM me with any questions feel free

Martin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:18 pm
Oh Dominique, "mein Herz blutet für Deine Familie" :hug:

His injuries are bad enough, but to also have diabetes is just awful. You are correct the healing will be so much slower and it can also affect his diabetes (his sugar levels can jump up and down and he has to be extra careful with what he is eating) I know quite a few people with diabetes as it is an epidemic in the US... I am glad he is in good hands though

I do pray your father will be healing faster than expected and your family will have the strenth to go thru everything. :cry:

How is his moral holding up?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:25 am
Awwwwwwwww thanks for all your prayers. I feel so much better now.
:grouphug:
Postby smurfwish » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:37 pm
Hi Dominique,

After all your kind words to me about my son...I have just read your news about your Dad. I do hope that the last few weeks have seen an improvement in his condition and that he is managing to come to terms and cope with the situation.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Maxine x :hug:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:53 am
Hi guys,

my dad was taken to Bad Sassendorf this morning (which is only halfway between Dortmund and Kassel). He has to stay there for another three or four weeks and he also has to practice walking again, little by little.

But he feels so much better now. So what is more? :D :joy:

Postby Tojo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:28 am
I'm so glad he's feeling better Dominique. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out.

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 am
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out.
Me too, Dominique. Keep us updated :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:22 am
That is great news Dominique. I am sure this will make it a lot easier for all of you. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:50 pm
I am so glad he is feeling better and is closer to home.. :D .. Yes, please do keep us updated..
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:59 pm
Hi, Dominique!!!!!!!!!Glad your dad is better.... :hug:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN
Page 2 of 3

Login