Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tessa-Dennis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:19 pm
Hello All,

If possible I would like to ask all your :helpsign: :morehelp: on this topic.
A few years ago these started popping up and we were able to get a few of them. We noticed there are Smurfs with and without the Mini Models markings and that this is not particular to a Smurf as there are the same models with and without these marking.
After a while they became scarce but strangely enough new models keep popping up, so either they are still being discovered or still being made.

My idea on these is that they were made in Argentina on a quest for a new production plant. It looks like this quest took Schleich around the world and they made thei business with China in the end and I must say these Mini Models are nice but not the best looking Smurfs around quality wise.
Another theory :scaredy: is that these molds were sold of and they are made under lisence in Argentina for the local market. This market is not the whole of South America as I was in Costa Rica 3 years ago and found Smurfs in a small store in the mall of San Jose. These were the regular Smurfs we have here as well.

My real question is, as the why will probably be speculation, is if there are more taht these you see here on the photos. Photo one shows the ones we have without the Mini Model marking and photo 2 those with.

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Looking forward to your opinions and hopefully someone has additions to these models.

Thanks,
Dennis

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:24 pm
This is a great topic Dennis. I only have the 5 so far but I have been offered another 5 different ones this week including (20068 Football Player) with blue & yellow shirt I think but still with the Mini Models markings.

I love that one with the red fishing line you have in the pic...I will have to get that someday when I find one :D

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:47 pm
Hi Andrew,

If you have any which are not on my pics could you please put a photo of these in this topic :worship:

I would love to get a good overview of what is out there :radar:

On the red fishing pole one, Please check the mail I send you today :-)

Thanks,
Dennis.

Postby attombomb7 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:13 pm
hi!

its great seeing all these Argentina smurfs!

I own some of those and the red fisherman smurf as well!

they also made fakes in Argentina which I have collected as well

its nice knowing that some have different markings!

here is a big lot for sale on EBAY..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-LOT-OF-12-Di ... dZViewItem
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:09 am
I think I have the Rollerskating one but I am unsure how to tell for sure. It wasn't until I got the Telephone one this week that I realised that I already had it.

http://www.geocities.com/sgtpapas/minimodelspage.html

Postby bundleofkent » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:10 am
andrew that footballer is superb!

martin :D

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:08 am
Really cool stuff! I haven't got any of these, but I'll be on a look out!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:46 am
Thanks you all. It is good to see that there are still several we miss so :sherlock: is in order here. These Argentinians are pretty nice compared to those Spanish with oily stickers.

The soccer player is really :cool: and it does look like they are still making them there so maybe a Argentinean company is buying up the old molds. If so this would mean that those models will not be re-made by schleich :scratchinghead:

If any of you has any doubles that are not on my pics and want to swap them for other Argentineans please let me know :gimme:

Thanks for showing us Andrew,

Dennis.

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:57 pm
The Argentinian minimodels are not the Comics Nontoxico, right? The auction link looked like the CNT and not minimodels to me...I'm so confused :?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:36 pm
Hi,

No, you are right. The Argentineans are not the Non-Toxicos and the link is for a different kind of Smurfs. Also not Non-Toxico but made in Spain all the same.

Hope this clears it up a bit :crazy:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:35 am
Thanks, Dennis! It clears it up a little :) I have a few of the fakes from Spain that aren't minimodels or CNTs and they look like Attom's link :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:35 am
hi Dyar!

I also like those Mini models! especially that soccer one, with the cool shirt!

they look great!

I only have a few of these so far, but alot of fakes of these..

nice to see the trade mark so closeup up too on your photos!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:07 pm
Fab topic and wonderful pics guys. :clap:

Having seen all of those lovely colour variations Dennis and that fabulous footballer Dyar, I think I really will have to try and pick up some of these. I have been offered them in the past but I have always passed them up. Maybe next time. :cool:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login