Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby bundleofkent » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:38 am
hi do you 2 collect posters etc..

thanks

martin :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:57 am
I kinda do.....I don't knock them back if I see them although I won'tpay huge amounts for them though as they are not my main area of collecting. I received one today called "Children's Bill of Rights" which is a fold up poster (like a map) that has all stuff like Children are allowed to be heard etc etc. I only have about 5-6 posters but I have that one that has the Olympic Stadium display on it coming in a week or so which should be pretty nice.

I've changed my name to Dennis :) ...sorry, just realised what the title was

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:09 am
Hello

I am also known at times as Dennis the Dragon Menace, and thought I'd tell that I do collect posters...

But like Dyar's, it's not my main area, but I get them if I can get them cheap!

My latest addition is the poster from Coca Cola for the "Airport of the comics" (sorry it's a bad translation for "Aeroport de la BD!")...

:):):)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:19 am
Is Dennis the Fram allowed as well :o ?

I don't collect posters, and so I have acquired quite a few :lol: I have one of the old Dupuis ones (from the sixties, Peewit) and hope to get the other ones (Johan, and 12 of the Smurfs) in the future. I have a few posters that came from the magazines Spirou/Robbedoes (mainly Spirou, as Robbedoes only rarely ran posters or other extras), like the one with the 100 Smurfs, but I'm still looking for the flower power Smurf + Smurfette one. I have one of the Schleich ones (with the huge landscape). I don't know offhand if I have any others, but I do have some displays (stands or things to hang), and some of those bas-relief plastic things with a Smurf. I have failed to acquire a VW Golf Smurf affiche from a few years ago (grumpy saying "I hate the Golf"), and don't want to spend any money on it. And that's about it, I suppose.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:21 am
Surprisingly I do not collect the posters and actually don't have any (unlike Dennis the Fram) :) There are plenty of other smurf items I don't "collect" but seem to have a lot of :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:20 am
And here he is, the one and only...... :)

Sorry Martin, we do not collect these posters and although we have maybe one or two I never really looked at them. They are mainly used as a white background for the photos!

No, No don't :mad: me

Hopefully the other Dennisses :D can help. I'll stop :cheers: now as I am starting to see mails pop up with my name without any recollection of writing them :) :lol:

Dennis.

Postby Rachel » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:38 am
Hi guys, that is Martin, Stace and all the Dennis clan. :)

I find the posters really interesting as I believe there is quite a lot to learn from them. It is fab seeing rare or even unseen variations on some of them but I think my favourites are the ones of the big cliff scene model, I can dream about this one for hours. :cloud9:

Now I just need to find more of them. :o :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:57 pm
I have two :D

An Italian one with the number and names of the smurfs. Also a German one where they are on a tree stump, no names or numbers on this one though.

Raelene

( Secretary of the Dennis Fan club ) :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:01 pm
I'm a secret poster collector, I have a few smurfy ones I have to confess!!! :yikes:

p.s. Is this the thread where I am supposed to call myself Dennis? :) :)

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:44 pm
Psssst it is I, Dennis :lol2:

Could the poster collectors amoung us please check these posters for never seen variations? This might be just as interesting as the old dealer catalogues.

:banghead: Now I have to look for something on ebay again.

Well, you can't have it all and I'll need a lot of :coffee: as the U.S. ebay members tend to start and end auctions at times the normal part of the world is fast asleep :lol:

Dennis.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:45 pm
We have posted a lot of the never seen before variations in the past....good idea to show them again all in one thread here :D

Or maybe we could make it a sticky in the uncatalogued section and then add to it every time we find new ones?

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:49 pm
That would be great, maybe the posters can be scanned or photographed.

(and than wait till the first show up on ebay as test version, or am I being negative now :-? )

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:19 am
and than wait till the first show up on ebay as test version, or am I being negative now :-?
Psst....It is I, Dyar.......can't you tell by my outrageous accent :)

I think you're just being realistic unfortunately Dennis......if only they didn't do this then it would be easier to know what's what in the smurf world. It's already so confusing but to add forgeries as well just makes it almost impossible to get to the truth .
Page 1 of 1

Login