Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby paolo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:30 am
Hi to everyone. I have a question:
Does anyone know if the 3 small rocks that come with the super rare astro playset are supposed to be all identical or are there variations, like sometimes there are 2 identical rocks and 1 is more like the prisoner super-smurf's one?

Postby Rachel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:14 am
Hi Paolo, I think mine has two of the smaller ones and two of the bigger "cone" ones. Off hand I *think* the smaller rocks are the same as the Chaingang smurf but I am not 100% sure. As for variations of these rocks, I am fairly sure they are all the same but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I have the Applause set, hoping to get the Schleich version one day.......... :wishing:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby steveparkes » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:12 pm
I have the Applause set, hoping to get the Schleich version one day.......... :wishing:
I have none..hoping to get any set one day :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:40 pm
There are 2 smaller rocks in the Astro set which are smaller than the Chain Gang one. I bought mine without the box and it came with 2 extra rocks the same size as the Chain Gang but I'm not sure if these are part of the original set or not. :-?

As far as the rocks the same size of the Chain Gang...I have come across 2 variations of these which are the W Germany Schleich Emblem and the Hong Kong ones.....one is a shiny dark grey while the other is a dull lighter grey.

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Does the Astrosmurf in the mooncar have a DSK number?

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:47 pm
Does the Astrosmurf in the mooncar have a DSK number?
The Astro Playset as a whole has a Schleich number (I think it's 4.0603...someone correct me if I'm wrong) but the actual sitting down Astro in the car wasn't released seperately so it doesn't have an individual number.

Dyar :cool:

Postby paolo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:14 am
I believe that judging from the picture that is on the box of the moon set, it should have 2 cone big rocks (one with the hole for the flag) and 3 small rocks. My doubt is about these 3, as they appear somewhat smaller than the chaingang smurf's one and you cannot tell if they are identical in shape or not.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:15 am
Hi Paolo

I have taken a pic for you of the 3 Astro playset rocks compared to 2 of the Chain Gang Rocks so you can see the difference.

I hope this helps......or at the very least it's a pic of a happy face :D

Dyar

Postby paolo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:58 am
Thanks for the pictures.

That's exactly the difference I noticed. But it seems that in the astro playset the 3 rocks can be of each kind indifferently, sometimes all 3 identical to the ones at the bottom of the picture and sometimes 2 of this kind and one like the chain gang at the top of the picture.

The only way to know it for sure is to have it told by someone who had the original playset from the beginning, and has personally unsealed the plastic bags containg the rocks.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:43 am
Hi Paolo

I think Graham pm'd you and I know his Astro set would have been sealed in the bag and he only got it a couple of weeks ago. I have more here but they are sealed so I can't open them. My Astro playset I have personally was not sealed so I can't give you the exact information you need. But whatever Graham said will be correct. :cheers:

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:06 am
I bought the astro playset new (back in the 80s!!!!!). So i'll check it out as well.
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:15 am
Apologies for my duff info Paolo, I should have gone and checked. :banghead:

Nice pic Dyar, I will go and check mine when I have a spare moment. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:05 pm
Hi Paolo!
I checked my MIB Applause astro playset also -- the three rocks are the same as in Dyar's pics .... mine are marked Wallace Berrie Co. Hong Kong and are smaller than the chaingang. These are still in the original unopened plastic bag so have not been replaced (at least not that I can tell) - hope this helps :cheers:

The rocks look like each other except that two of the rocks are mold 3 and one is mold 2 :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby paolo » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:18 am
Hi,
after receiving an email from Pete (MV), I must say that the original astro playset has only one kind of small rocks: the one on the bottom of the picture, and there must be 3 of them.

Therefore... :? I need a couple of those small rocks. If there is someone out there who is willing to sell them (and ship to Italy), please send a private message to me and you will be contacted.
Thanks a lot and greetings from Italy!

Postby paolo » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:12 am
Big thanks to one of the good German collectors, who gave me what I needed.
Page 1 of 1

Login