Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:15 pm
Here's my latest smurf stash. I'm thrilled to death with the Smurfette 2.0034 variant (arms wide), which I believed I'd never obtain. The other variant, flirting, ironicly I now have two of. She's not as rare as I once thought...

The papa pilot and the two variants came from Marexa's on-line shop. Papa looks a little fishy--there's a ringy splotch on the back of his head that paint covers, though it may simply be a PVC defect. The two smurfettes look good. I'm almost 100% confident they are in original condition.

My good news lies in the red mushroom house, which I bought at a shopping mall toystore. The store began in March carrying the latest eight figures, but has expanded to that one red house. Granted, that probably won't lead Schleich to move its American headquarters to St. Charles, but it's a smurf renaissance, relatively speaking.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:41 pm
Some nice smurfies there :D

I have never seen a Tennis Smurfette with yellow Racquet though and I have doubts on whether this really exists as a variation......however I think it looks quite nice and the regular Tennis Smurfette version with a red Racquet isn't that hard to find so I think you should keep it as it is :D

The Cottages are great especially when you get them new :cheers:

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:53 pm
hi!

I like your new smurfs! I havn;t got one of those papa!s and he sure looks good! it may be nice that he has a special paint thing..:)

also I love that variant smurfette too! she 's a beauty!!

I'm glad your Marexa's shop purchase worked out well! it means I can

go shop there too! hehehe
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:38 pm
Hi Syd!

I wondered about the smurfette with the yellow tennis racket. I have two others, both with red rackets. The yellow racket also is very loose--it twirls around easily. She was the smurfette I was complaining about in a prior post about possibly being retouched. Unfortunately, I think the rugby smurf in the picture might also be repainted, but I'm not certain. In any event, I paid a low price. Those two weren't from Marexa, but from an ebay vendor.

Hi Attom!

Regarding Marexa, I'd still recommend a sample purchase before paying anything big. My eye isn't yet trained terribly well to spot doctored smurfs, so for all I know, I'm sitting on three surgery patients. Though the flirting 2.0034 has slightly scuffed finger tips, leading me to think she's good.

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:52 pm
Great lot Tim :D

I'm still yet to get the yellow cottage, Papa and that variation of smurfette.

Looks like your daughters ready to pounce on those smurfs :) :)

Raelene

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:53 pm
Actually, smurfette 2.0034 (arms wide) has an unusually glossy hat--not like it's been painted, but as if somebody has applied a sealant to it, like nail polish protector. I don't know. I compared her hat to my 2.0034 (regular) that I bought in 1980. My bonafide original's hat is matte. The arms-wide hat is ever-slightly glossy.

I don't know. I have a bad feeling that 65% of the pre-2000 smurfs on the market have been retouched. Most people can't tell the difference. And for most amateurs (I still suffer from this), a scuffed smurf is so jarring that the ones that look good instantly draw us--even if it defies logic how a smurf so old could still be so pristine.

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:03 pm
hi!

I know what you mean!

but I do know one thing.. and this is not just because I post here alot

but Karen's shop here on Kitty's cavern sells top quality smurfs and I

hear they are in near mint condition always as she is super fussy!

that is probably the type of dealers you need to buy from..if you worry

about repaints.. as we all worry about that and gamble on EBAY ,etc

because we can get smurfs lots,etc..

but that is also when you get rubbed & marked smurfs..
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Gladys » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:28 pm
Congrats on your smurf stash !!! :cheers:

Your daughter is so adorable, are you Chinese by the way cos she does look chinese :-?

Gladys
To be able to SMURF is one of the JOYS in life !!!

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:29 pm
The good reputation of Kitty's Cavern is international!

The problem is we cheap-skates try to buy from Honest Al's Used Smurf shop.

"Honest! A 1966 Astrosmurf carved by Peyo himself. And for only $5.99 US. Can't beat that! It's in perfect shape. A crazy recluse kept it shoved up his ass for 30 years, wrapped in cellophane! Body heat alone transformed the helmet into diamond! No fooling! (BTW: $40.00 shipping and handling)."

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:37 pm
Congrats on your smurf stash !!! :cheers:

Your daughter is so adorable, are you Chinese by the way cos she does look chinese :-?

Gladys
My wife is Chinese.
I'm what became of the British after they colonized North America.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:56 am
The good reputation of Kitty's Cavern is international!

The problem is we cheap-skates try to buy from Honest Al's Used Smurf shop.

I'm finding that my Bargain section and my Spares section are getting quite popular. This week I was going to list some lots on ebay and then I decided to put them in the shop.

I've got a nice lot in the shop at the moment with variations and I'm including the bundesliga boxes.

http://www.kittyscavern.com/shop/catego ... gory_id=47

Also the Lucky Dip is really popular for people just starting out with smurf collecting or who are buying for children.

Smurfs I put in the Bargain section usually fly out as fast as I put them in, don't they Steve? :D LOL

If anyone has spares they want to sell then please pm me because I am interested in buying these.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:58 am
And I love the Smurfette with outstretched arms. She's the one I had from the National Garages when I was little, circa 1980. I like her because she looks more homely than the other Smurfettes.

Postby Rachel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:56 am
Lovely smurf stash Tim, no wonder you were pleased. :-D

As we don't have any shops near me that sell smurfs I have only ever bought from the internet and I am always very impressed by those collectors that have managed to build up their collections buying in "real" shops. I wish you luck with your new venture into internet buying, I am sure you are going to have LOTS of fun. :cheers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login