Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby bradley » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:47 am
hehe, I can finally create a new additions thread that's worth sharing.
I think this is one of my biggest smurf buys to come through the post. I brought some great smurfs from Michelle in NSW. She is slowly selling off her collection. I brought 10 smurfs!

s20059 Teacher
s20080 Biscuit
s20103 Pupil
s20108 Sauna
s20131 French Fries
s20167 Indian Smurfette
s20177 Thanksgiving smurf
s20180 Papa Pizza
s20196 Thanksgiving smurfette
s20498 Johan

These are all great smurfs. And I was very pleased with the condition.. excellent they are. And Michelle also gave me a little surprise I didn't know about. A smurf badge! I didn't have this one!

And why I posted this is because I have hit 250!!! 252 to be exact.
It was only just the beginning of the year when I hit 200. I can't believe how my collection has grown this year. I've been collecting since the early 90s and of recent years my collection just wasn't growing... that being before smurfs in David Jones and this year in Kmart!

Am now looking forward to a smurf from Dyar. Cushion smurf!

Brad

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:01 am
Nice smurfs Brad ! and a nice collection too ! You start to wonder if it will ever come to an end..........in the hope it never does ! hehehe !

well done !

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:10 am
Some nice smurfs there Brad and your collection is growing really fast which is great to see.....hopefully on Monday you should have 253.

Say "hi" to Michelle from me next time you talk to her as its been a while.....tell her that the Dragons are doing well this year :) (in relation to my footy team...not hers who finished somewhere down the bottom this year :) )

Postby bradley » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:21 am
Nice smurfs Brad ! and a nice collection too ! You start to wonder if it will ever come to an end..........in the hope it never does ! hehehe !

well done !

thanks. I don't think it could ever come to an end.
I haven't really brought too many smurfs online. I did most of my collecting via markets early on. I was trying to figure out last month how long I had been collecting. I really think I was buying smurfs in the late 80s but at that point I didn't realise I was collecting. I was born in 85 so I was young. Found a photo with a papa smurf soft toy, and the photo was dated 89. And I remember where I got that from. So I guess it was as early as that. I was buying smurfs throughout the 90s. I always say I really started in 95, mainly because that is when I can remember being smurf crazy and my year (5, 6, 7) teacher brought this to my attention. lol I didn't have the Internet until 2000 I think but I really haven't brought many smurfs online. Going to the annual toy swap meet here in Adelaide was really the only time of the year I was adding a few smurfs to my collection. Plus going through high school I really lost interest in smurfs.

Anyway, this year I realised I had to get a move on with buying the smurfs I could from David Jones, and then the 2005 smurfs from Kmart. so these have been what has pushed my numbers up this year.
Some nice smurfs there Brad and your collection is growing really fast which is great to see.....hopefully on Monday you should have 253.

Say "hi" to Michelle from me next time you talk to her as its been a while.....tell her that the Dragons are doing well this year (in relation to my footy team...not hers who finished somewhere down the bottom this year )
thanks. I look forward to 253! hehe.
And will do!

Brad.

Postby Rachel » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:44 am
Hi Brad, a nice smurfy arrival there for you. Very nice smurfs and a lovely badge too, you should be pleased. Sounds like your collection is coming along nicely too, it would be great to see pics of all your smurfs at some point. It is also great that you have managed to collect so many without the internet, it is always so much nicer to see smurfs in reall life when you are buying them as opposed to on a computer screen. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:34 pm
It was only just the beginning of the year when I hit 200. I can't believe how my collection has grown this year.

Brad
I remember that Brad :D

Well done :D

Like Rachel said it would be great to see a photo of your collection sometime 8)

Raelene

Postby bradley » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:36 am
Thanks.

I've never taken a photo of my whole collection. It is quite large full of other things such as soft toys, puzzles, books, cups etc. I only mainly collect the pvcs now. The last photo I took was when I hit 200 pvcs earlier this year. Just of the figures and the buildings that I had at the time. And also my giant smurf soft toy. Not sure if I still have that photo online. I'll just check. I would have posted over at Mushroomvillage (shroom room now) when I reached 200. Yep, they are still up.

So I am 52 up on those pvcs, also I now have the smurf windmill and a small red roof house. You can see how I store my smurfs in that first photo. Though I recently removed all my other smurf items and boxed them up.

I'm about to go out for dinner so I should probably be heading off now.
I'll have to set up every smurf item one day and take photos.
I've enjoyed seeing your photos Rachel, and it is inspiring me! If I had room to it would be great!

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:40 am
WOW BRAD :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

There looks to be tons of smurfs there when they are all lined up like that.....I think you are going to need your own smurf room soon as those draws must be getting pretty full by now.

Thanks for the pics and here's to reaching 300 :cheers:

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:47 am
WOW, and I love that big smurf, he's so lovely!! :cheers: :)

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:55 am
Your big smurf looks funny Brad

He looks like he's sitting there all proud of his smurf collection :)

Raelene

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:15 am
Great pics Brad ! that big smurf looks great too ! it certainly does look like you have more than what you say you have, are you sure you have counted properly ? I did'nt know whether to laff or cry when you said you were born in 85, i left school then ! hehehe ! still, at least im not as old as Dyar ! muhahahahaha !

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:28 am
at least im not as old as Dyar ! muhahahahaha
You had to bring old man Dyar into it didn't you Graham.....geez, when Brad mentioned his age I was hoping to kind hide behind the forum bushes for a while and not be noticed.......I wonder how much you get from the pension?.....it's not easy being 24 these days guys. :-?

ok....who's going to be the first to brake my illusion of being young

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:42 am
Dyar, you're only as old as you feel, im 23 i think ! and you say you're 24, lets leave it at that ! hehehe !

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:15 pm
hi BRad!

its wonderful lookin at your great collection.. It was a nice way for

me to enjoy my morning tea!!

you sure have some great items!! WOW! :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:35 pm
Great pics Brad, Thanks for sharing them. Your collection looks great and very well organised too. That huge smurf is adorable. How big is he. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:01 am
Thanks everyone. Those photos I took at the beginning of the year. You can't really see all the smurfs as I decided it was going to be too much of a task to take each of them out of their tagged bags and then trying to put them back in after. It actually looked amazing when I spread them out over the dinner table. The photos don't do it justice really.

I actually have my supers counted in my 252. So taking them out my total goes down a bit. As before the internet and any way of identifying smurfs, I didn't know these supers were different. So I always counted them. And all of the ones that I've picked up over the years are all missing their accessories. But I finally brought my first two MINT box supers from David Jones last month. I think when I start buying more of these from DJ, I will not count them and will probably remove the supers from my count. It's just a little hard to do that lol going back down on my count. That would mean I haven't quite made 250 yet :(

And I have books, colouring books, soft toys, cups, badges, pez, the 1996 new smurfs, cds, records, puzzles, games, mc donald toys, bean bag, quilt/pillows, kinders, erasers, sockels, dvds, buildings, etc... heaps of stuff. Even a dog bowl lol!! And at the time I didn't even have a dog. So I've mostly given up on buying every smurf item I see.

My Giant Smurf measures 134cm (around 52 inches). My prized smurf possession! Brought him for 2 dollars back in 95/96/or 97?? from a market. I recently managed to find out some info on this fello when one of these was listed on oz ebay this year. These smurfs have no tags so there is still a lot I don't know about him, like where he was made and if he was officially licensed. I managed to find out where he came from. These were sold (and were game prizes) around the country (Australia) at the royal shows. The auction for this toy earlier this year went for $200au. After that sell, another one surfaced on ebay.. this seller must have seen the price on that other one and listed his for a starter 200.... it didn't sell. If you brought one of these, the postage would be the killer. So I can account for at least 3 of these smurfs still left in OZ. If these were exclusive for us?? I don't know. I've never seen one this size listed on the American ebay. I just wonder how many more are out there that have survived the years.

I don't seem to have my photos of my giant smurf up online now, but here was another I had up online:Image

Brad.
Page 1 of 1

Login