Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby SuperJen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:50 pm
I've finally started getting my display up :hyper:.
I was so excited that I just put any smurfs in without really thinking about it. I will get some order to it soon but here's a bit of a peak......
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:45 pm
Hey SJ

You have some really cool smurfs in your collection and I love the large buildings....how awesome are they?

I really should invest in some type of storage like this but too many damn smurf bills get in the way :)

You are going to have one of the best collections in the world before too long....I just have a hunch.

Thanks for the pics.....your new display gets my seal of approval :D

HPH

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:14 am
You are welcome Jen. :D

Postby SuperJen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:39 am
Hey SJ

You are going to have one of the best collections in the world before too long....I just have a hunch.

HPH
:yikes: :yikes: Thanks HPH, you really think so :sofunny: I would love to believe that but I somehow doubt it :sofunny: unless of course you mean when I lay my head down at night to sleep :) :) But thankyou for your too kind words :hug:

Postby aussiesmurfer » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:46 am
I love that cabinet Jen! Perfect for those buildings.

Looks like you might need another one though! :)

Trish

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:51 am
wow Jen. That is really great!
I notice that you actually have the smurf showbag in one of those containers. I never kept the bag :( I saw one on oz ebay last month and saved the pic as before that I couldn't remember what the bag looked like.

Great display!

Brad.

Postby SuperJen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:03 am
Thanks guys. I got the cabinet from Ikea. It was $295 down to $155 :hyper: I got the last one but rang up and they told me there's a few more. So I went back and they had none. Then I rang back a few days later and they said they have stock so I have to go check it out. I hate those people who answer questions from a company call centre :x without being in the store :x

Hopefully I'll be able to get another one at that price cause the other Ikea in Melbourne doesn't have them at the sale price :(

Brad, it's bad when you don't keep things like those bags and then wonder why you got rid of them :banghead: :banghead: sorry to hear you didn't keep it.

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:10 am
Brad, it's bad when you don't keep things like those bags and then wonder why you got rid of them :banghead: :banghead: sorry to hear you didn't keep it.
It was before I started officially collecting smurfs.
Back then, what year did they have smurf showbags at the show?
Early 90s I guess. I would have been under 10 years old.
But my giant smurf soft toy was supposed to have been sold at the royal shows during the 80s?? I don't know how many years the showbag was around for. I know I only brought it one year and we brought two. Back then me and my brother had to have the same showbags each. So we had two and they were probably binned. Those smurfs that came in it I consider to be the most common smurfs. You find them everywhere. And I still have the 2 pinups that came in it.

Brad.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:51 am
Hi Superjen, you have a really nice collection ! the smurfs look great in the cabinet ! :-D :beer:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:53 am
Love the cabinet and it fits perfectly in that little niche too :D The glass is great because you won't have to dust as much either :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:13 am
Excellent collection & Cabinet Jen 8)

I think at this rate you'll need 5 of them :)

Raelene

Postby SuperJen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:38 pm
Thanks guys and gals. Yes I need a few more cabinets but my dilema is cabinets or smurfs? Cabinets or Smurfs :aargh:? I can only hope that Ikea still has those same cabinets for $155. There's another cabinet they have which someone else on the forum has, I can't remember who but they posted a pic. That one is also great but you can't fit the house or set up the play sets properly and it's around $275 :(

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:33 pm
Linda just got an Ikea bookcase too but it may have been lost -- dilemna though is always smurfs or cabinets....if only you won the lottery, you wouldn't need to choose :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:35 am
Hiya jen, you have some really cool smurfs there. I love your display case, i would love summat like that. I hope ikea have another for you. :D Lucie

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:50 am
Yeah I had a display case from ikea but it wasn't $255, Jen. It was only $169.

Heres the link to it. I seem to have lost all the pics I took of my display.

http://perth.ikea.com.au/prod_template4 ... Cat=&Scat=

Interesting thing is they have a sale on for up to 60% off at the moment. The Robin multimedia shelf on the page below is only $39!! Would be just the right size for little murfies. Also at ikea you can buy door and things separately to stick on. :)

http://perth.ikea.com.au/Template3.asp? ... e_id=30005
:star: LINDA :star:
Page 1 of 1

Login