Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurftown » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:41 pm
Hi there smurf friends!

Bought a smurf collection today up here in sweden, but can`t find the variation in schlumpf katalog IV.
So I need some help here!

First is the keller smurf 2.0162, on the bottom stamp you can read "1982 peyo" (siverplate/ red cup) but in the katalog you can see that the produktion started first in 1983, have I miss some here :banghead:

The other one is smurfhouse: nr 12, page 333 in katalog IV.
(my house have mandarin colour on the upper part, didnt find this either!)
:???:
Nick in smurftown

Perhaps all this depends on my poor german translation, so would be more than greatful för some help here!
Best smurfgreetings from Nick in Smurfytown!

Postby Fram » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:56 pm
I have no info on the house (but the catalogue is way incomplete in the houses / playsets / special stuff department), but I can help you with the Smurf: many Smurfs have been copyrighted one or even two years before they became available on the market. The years in the catalogue refer to years that the Smurf was available through Schleich (or Bully), the year on the Smurf shows the copyright year. Thus, a 1965 Smurf can be made in 1993 or so, and a 1982 Smurf can be only available for the first time in 1983, and can stiull be produced in 2000 with the same 1982 mark on the bottom.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby smurftown » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:13 pm
I have no info on the house (but the catalogue is way incomplete in the houses / playsets / special stuff department), but I can help you with the Smurf: many Smurfs have been copyrighted one or even two years before they became available on the market. The years in the catalogue refer to years that the Smurf was available through Schleich (or Bully), the year on the Smurf shows the copyright year. Thus, a 1965 Smurf can be made in 1993 or so, and a 1982 Smurf can be only available for the first time in 1983, and can stiull be produced in 2000 with the same 1982 mark on the bottom.
ok, I buy that !
But, why haven`t they left some information about that?
As it is now, you could only check those four variations,
but correct it shoul be five or perhaps more...! :???:
Best smurfgreetings from Nick in Smurfytown!

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:47 pm
Hi Nick

There are many different variations not mentioned in the Katalog and I am sure the author has some method in this as some different markings are considered the same as others.....however I have been compiling as much info as I can regarding different markings and when possible what's different about them which I hope I can show in a website later this year. It's not a complete list of course but there are many different variations that are not listed in the Katalog that I think should be.

I think in a perfect world.....you should be able to pick up any smurf you have and be able to easily locate it in a guide no matter if it's the same as another one (of the same smurf) but with different markings.....I think the authors had different intentions to this so therefore they were not trying to cover absloutely everything, only things that appeared to be obviously different like colours. Also, I think it would almost be impossible to cover absolutely everything......although I do agree that more info in the guides would be very helpful....actually it could almost be another whole book and maybe therein lies the dilemma.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login