Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Raresmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:12 am
Guys,

I am about to buy about 15 of these for around 12.50 Euro each. Is it worth it? What do you know about these? There are not fake - They are original

Postby Raresmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:36 am
I see Rachel is online...maybe just maybe she can help me.... :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:42 am
If they are real ones Papa...then I think you would be getting a great deal as you can sell these for at least 20 euros with the potential for a lot higher of course.

If you can afford then you should as these aren't hard to sell.....I would buy one and I am sure most people here would too if you let us know about it or your auctions.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:49 am
Hiya, well the story I heard a few years ago when these smurfettes first appeared was that a load of them with different colours (blue, red and black I *think*) had been made recently and the seller was claiming they had been found in Portugal. The same seller was also offerring very odd colours of the smurfette with ice cream at the same time.

Nothing concrete was ever really found, I think she is a nice looking smurfette but personally I wouldn't spend much on one. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Raresmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:50 am
Thanks D, I will buy them then...187.50 Euro for all 15

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:59 am
Hi Papa

Please give us a report on them when they arrive as i don't know a lot about these besides what I have seen on Ebay. Also see if you can find some more info from the seller as it would be useful to learn more about these exotic Smurfettes.

I did want a blue one for my S/ette Jump Rope raw as I thought that a white rope on a white raw might look too plain but at the same time these blue ones aren't that cheap and would seem a waste to pull off the skipping rope anyway. I ended up buying a common one and adding that rope to the raw and it made the raw look a lot better with something there....one side of the rope wasn't easy to remove though

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:28 am
I've been offered these recently and I am scratching my head trying to remember who they were from, if I remember I will let you know.

Postby Raresmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:07 am
They were found on holiday in Germany...I will let you know when I get them

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:35 am
maybe it's me being overly suspicious but I think they are all fakes!

they have been popping up a lot this month on EBAY

I have already bought 3 .:)

and there are 5 others listed//
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Raresmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:03 pm
Are your 3 fakes? Can you post photos...
maybe it's me being overly suspicious but I think they are all fakes!

they have been popping up a lot this month on EBAY

I have already bought 3 .:)

and there are 5 others listed//

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:41 pm
I think it's about time to send the Smurf-inator (Terminator) after these manufacturers of fakes.

Hey! Wowee! I just discovered a Papa Smurf in Rocking Chair with Hazel instead of Black eyeballs. Wow, would you believe this rare and wonderful variation?

Er, whoops, I just dropped him in the toilet.

Er, uh, Piss-stained Papa Smurf! Wow! From Portugal! Yes, believe it or not, they were dipping them in the urinals in portugal and I discovered a secret stash at a flea market in Tel Aviv, Israel. Honest!

Postby Raresmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:51 pm
ha-ha-ha - you're nutter!!! :) :D

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:55 pm
HI Rare smurf

I havn't got my blue rope smurfettes yet..they are on the way but here is a pic from a auction and another one from another seller

both these sellers have had a blue smurfette for sale THREE times
since the last 3 wks..
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Raresmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:07 pm
A, Do you think these are fake then?

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:47 pm
I do..only because the sellers have been selling more then one

in a row..for a few weeks.. which is very odd.. and that they are both selling them at the same time

also these are not the only sellers who were selling these..

I have used EBAY daily for over 2 yrs.. and I rarely saw a blue smurfette ...and I wanted one badly.. but they were always over priced and only did I see a few.

now they go for under 20 euro or less... and they aren't that hard to get..

which makes me wonder if the blue rope is being replaced...

I think I will monitor who are buying skipping smurfettes

and seeing if they show up on with blue ropes!

8-t was also selling them lately...

I am not 100% sure they are fake.. its only a obvious guess so far..
(until the ones I bought arrive)

what would worry me..is ---- will 30 more show up next week or month??

if you want to buy the entire lot.. then let the seller send you ONE or more for inspection with a refund if you don;t want them ...

you can then look for glue marks etc... since its a lot of money!

I have learned from buying lots too early privately...:) and then seeing them cheap all over the place..:) :)

which I know can happen anyway! hehehe

and I'm no expert so for all I know there never even was a legitimate blue skipping rope smurfette in the first place or ever....???????

there is one listed in the Katalog but the doesn't mean its real either..

so if anyone knows for sure that would be great to know!:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:48 pm
Hi Attom,

Your research diligence impresses me. Honestly, one could probably work out an Economics thesis keeping track of the ebay smurf market.

Is it an "efficient market" (meaning do prices for individual figures converge to any consistent value)?

Can one calculate changes in supply based on surges in ebay sightings? Et cetera, et cetera.

I admit, I have a good time just trying to churn the data in my head. Ebay as spectator sport!

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:31 pm
Wow what an interesting thred it would be cool if they are real? Do's the blue skiping rope smurfette actuly exist or is it just a fake? If it was a genuine pice id love one as ive never herd of it befor reading this. Id love to know what the out come is keep us posted!! :-D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D :D

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:59 am
Didn't someone have an auction last year just for the skipping ropes on their own? Or am I imagining it? :-?

Postby Raresmurf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:02 am
Yes, this is truly a interesting thread.

A, thanks for you imput, it all makes sense - very good sense!

We need to assertain:

1. Did this smurfette ever exist originaly or has it been a fake always. Karen, is there any chance you can fike out for Schleich?

2. Could it be possible that a massive cache of these has actually been found?

spread your guys guys and lets solve this mystery...and save me 130 quid - lol

Postby Raresmurf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:55 am
Ok,

I have sent a few emails out and here's what I have found out;

These smurf are original and they are usualy sold between 8 and 10 euros each. I will try get them for cheaper.

I think we as collectors are always going to be very careful about fakes (It's natural for us to think this.). There have been many fakes popping up, but I think sometimes we need to take chances. Although these Blue skipping rope smurfs are fairly hard to come by, there are many out there and when these batchs are found and sold on ebay - we naturally think they are fake.

I believe I have it on good authority that they are original and I will get them and report my findings, markings etc...

Karen,

If I send you 1 or 2 can you send them off for authenticity test?

Thanks

Med
Page 1 of 2

Login