Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:55 am
I have finished sorting out the Fix & Foxis I recently obtained and I found one with an unpainted tail! And also I found a couple of the smurfs to be a different shade of blue. Each Smurf has the Schleich Emblem logo and these were found in a warehouse in Finland where fire damaged stock had been kept. I did have these authenticated by an expert on Fix & Foxis as well before I completed the deal. I will be listing 15 on ebay tonight which is part of the deal I agreed with the seller, they won't be cheap because he may choose to keep them if he can't get a decent price. Here are some pics showing the difference in the colours and also the unpainted tail one!

I have also added a picture of the warehouse showing where the boxes were stored and in a minute I will hunt for the original page from the comic showing how they were given away with subscriptions to the magazine, we believe in 1979.

The warehouse
Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:59 am
Here is the picture of the comic.
It says this: -

"You get a fun smurf (which can’t be bought in any stores) in a nice box. And it’s all for free, if you decide to subscribe on Fix & Foxi within 14 days….. "

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:01 am
And the translation of this page

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fix_och_Foxi

reads as follows: -

Fix & Foxi was a German cartoon magazine created in 1953 by Rolf Kauka. It came to Sweden in 1958, and was published by Förlagshuset Norden. The comic was popular in Germany, but the interest in Sweden was low, so it died out in 1961.

A second try to market the magazine was made in 1979, now by Skandinavisk Press. They gave out a first magazine in limited edition to a few chosen households, before they gave out the first number 1/79. But again, it was no success. It died out already in 1981 after 65 published numbers. During this period, 1979-1981, also the Smurfs were in the magazines.

Fix and Foxi were two small foxes who could be very naughty. Fax, was their uncle. Knox, was a professor and inventor. Lupo, was very often in trouble and he always ate a lot of cakes. Aunt (or Lady?) Eusebia baked the cakes that were stolen by Lupo.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:02 am
So we know for a fact that these smurfs are at least 24 years old!!!

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:42 pm
Cool info and what a great find! :cheers:

Seeing them there in the warehouse is just incredible, it is amazing to think that these smurfs have just sat there for so long with no-one knowing how sort after they are. :monkey:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:27 pm
hi!

great info! KAren!

are they going to be sold????

:) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:40 pm
Yes I have to sell 15 off quickly if possible and send the money to the seller. If they don't sell at the price he wants then he will probably decide to keep these ones. I then have a separate quantity which he has sold directly to me and I will sell at my leisure as I am in no rush.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:12 pm
That one with the unpainted tail is very cool...is there only one of those?...ok I know, but I had to ask. :-?

This is all very exciting Karen and I can't believe some were found just lying on a shelf...that's incredible.

Dyar

Postby bundleofkent » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:14 pm
Thats an amazing discovery Karen!!

I think there is always something a bit eerie about discovering something stored from a few decades ago!

How on earth did you come by it?

Martin

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:37 pm
I think when you have a website people wishing to sell smurfs tend to find you. I have had a few people approach me now wanting to sell smurfs and I've been quite lucky. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:44 pm
LOL...it's amazing when you have some spare money to spend on smurfs how many sellers/dealers seem to find you too. :)

Mrs Dyar hates them all but they are very cool in my book :o

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:36 pm
These are really great - & in mint condition too! Amazing.

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue when it comes to ebay. I used to like browsing through the posts but never made the jump to getting a userid etc. I found ebay a bit intimidating with all the rules & types of payment & postage & costs etc. I prefer to buy something outright from someone. Maybe I'm a bit oldfashioned :-? dunno.

Shame because I'd love one of these.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:28 pm
I will be putting a couple in my website shop as well at some point. I just need to get the ones for the seller sorted out on ebay first. I've just listed the first one and it took me forever trying to fiddle with all the pictures I needed. It's still not a great job but it will do!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:49 pm
I'm shattered trying to sort these Fix & Foxis out. I finally got one auction up, link is below: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT

What do you think, does it read ok?

People will think I am off the planet putting mini animals in the auction but I figured if I bagged each smurf with a different mini animal then I couldn't confuse them.

I haven't forgotten I need to reply to PMs and I will do it tomorrow, sorry for delay I am just so tired now! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:57 pm
The auction reads great - good job :D But what I want to know is why is that an orange fish and not blue??? :( Just kidding :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:12 pm
That's because I wouldn't let Karen sell you on ebay Stace......you might slit your fins if nobody bought you and if they did I might slit mine....wrists of course as I don't have fins.....well not bodily ones anyway.

Dyar

Postby JT » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:35 am
I might be interrested in buying that orange fish :laughing:

Sorry about that, I just had to do it. And now more serious business. I have to say that you give so many details about smurf that buyer really knows what he/she will get. That´s amazing how precise your descriptions are :worship: Many seller should learn from you. I hope you get all of those sold.

Janne

Postby Fram » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:24 am
Perfect description, Karen.
I guess it may be best if you keep your own for a longer time, as the market will be a bit saturated after those 15 are sold (well, the filthy rich collectors market will be, us poor ones still are looking for one :) ).
Now if someone could find a truckload of schlumpfburgs, we'll all be happy!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Yonna » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:35 am
Nice going Karen!! :D
Where is this secret seller from? Does he/she own only nthese 15 or does he/she have more coming up later? It seems that there were many more in that shop. Did this seller buy those all or just the 15?

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:40 am
I don't know the full quantity there was originally, the seller only has this 15 to sell on ebay.
Page 1 of 3

Login