Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:17 am
Hi all you might think im being stupid but im really anoyed and feel I need to have a say to get it of my chest!

I recently brought a smurf from a seller and when I got it it was clearly not the one in the pic all coverd in rubs and not very smurfy, I told them and they said they would send a replacement, So hopfully it will arive and thats that sorted, BUT

Then today I got a bandleader smurf from another seller and this time its even worse! Its coverd in black paint, and were it has been rubbed its been re painted and the stick is not the right stick its a bit of metal painted black and its all in a right state! Again clearly not the one in the photo! I have sent them a message and am waiting to see if they get back to me. Im so not happy. :( :(

I know im probebly just over reacting and bieng silly but it really winds me up you spend ages waiting for a smurfy in the post and when it arives it just ait what you wanted. :(

there Ive had my say now I will go sulk in a corner. :banghead:

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Tintin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 am
Hi Steve

I don't think you over react.
If you buy a smurf you want it to be ok.
It would enoyed me to.
That's why i always try to buy at a fair, so you can see the smurf.
In your case not so easy, i know.

So i understand your frustration !!!!
Hope all will be ok in the end.........

Tintin

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:31 am
Me too its just really anoyed me, One yesterday now this one today!
I mean dont get me wrong I have many smurfs with rubs and marks but at least I have them I have brought many with marks and rubs in the past and I wouldnt of minded if it was one i had bid on like that. but its just the fact that it wasnt the one in the pic they sent. :( :(

Im just hoping they get back to me and replace it. :D

Yeah I wish I could find smurfs to buy but there arnt any places here in the uk with smurfies. :( The only places that I do find a few are at the car boot sales but its the wrong time of year to go smurf hunting yet lol

Anyways Im going to go make a smurf house with a swimming pool so that should cheer me up a bit. :-D

Smurfy regards

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 am
I don't think you are overreacting, Steve.

Like many, I know exactly what you mean, and it's actually one of the reasons that I've been staying away from ebay for over a year now. The problem is that you can't even trust established sellers anymore when you buy from them online as they may send you something completely different as described :banghead:

I am like you in that I don't mind getting a rubbed smurf, but I very much mind if I don't get the same smurf that is pictured or one of the same quality.

Hopefully you can sort it out with the second seller as well....I don't have any fairs around here either, but a lot of our Dutch and Belgium members are very helpful when it comes to fairs if they know what you are looking for and what price-range you are looking at.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Benny » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:29 am
Hi Steve,

I can understand you, because it's happened to me even x times.
Your reaction is perfectly understandable.
Especially bad if you collect markings and colors.

There are traders that only use a standard image, like Maureen said it above.
They will send you then any Smurf and you expect it, the right smurf showed on that picture and then, however, there comes another one.

This is really not nice when a something happened. :angry:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 am
I wouldnt mind so much if it was a difrent smurf of the same quality etc a decent one at least not some modified rubbish thats a state and coverd with re paints and marks.

But if it was for markings and colour etc then i would expect it to be the one advertised. Its just not smurfy for people to do this. If I was to sell I could never do that I would always send the one as in the photo etc.

Unless it was a homemade of mine then they come out as the come out but I would state that in an auction if it wasnt the one in the photo, but then there again why not just take a photo of the one your selling? Thats the hole point isnt it. lol :shock:

Oh well Im just going to wait see if they get back to me and if they dont they will be getting a very bad feed back. I said in my message I wasnt a happy bunny and about the state of it and not being the one in the pic and that I dont like giving bad feedback and asked them what they wanted to do to resolve this matter. So now I just have to wait and see.........

Smurfy regards

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:18 am
This is why I don't like ordering online...unfortunatly its easier to find smurfs online than it is to find at a store where I can check them out. We feel your pain.

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 am
That's bad news Steve! Similar things have happened to me where the photo was a bit blurry & then the smurfs turned up with rubbed ears & noses :banghead:

I really hope that you get suitable replacements without rubs or marks :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 am
Im keeping my fingers crossed :fingersx: :fingersx: Im just waiting for them to get back to me hopefully. :D

I think I will get over it im sure us brits have to find somthing to moan about to pass the time lol 8-) 8-)

Im keeping myself amused building a new smurf house with onsweet swiming pool. mind I havent finished the house yet so havent goton round to the pool and patio yet.:)

Smurfy regards

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:15 am
Can't wait to see what you are coming up with. :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 pm
Well its been two days now and no reply from that seller? Ive sent another message asking for them to get back to me. There feedback is 100% So I would of thought there get back to me over this? :-?

At least its monday tommorow im hoping for some more smurfies to come in the post.:-D

Smurfy regards

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:21 am
If you bought through ebay then you should start a claim online. It's amazing what results that can bring! :D

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 am
If you bought through ebay then you should start a claim online. It's amazing what results that can bring! :D
I dont think ive never done a claim befor? How do you go about it on there I cant work it out?

I think I will give the seller a few more days to get back to me, then if no luck see about a claim. :???:

Smurfy regards

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:15 am
Well ive just opend a case though ebay explaining everything mabe the seller will respond to that? Ive not been nasty just explained its not what I wanted and would prefer a replacement (the one I won etc) So will now wait and see what happes. Hopfully now I have involved ebay it might get sorted out? Well heres hoping anyways. :D

Smurfy regards

Postby Tintin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:32 am
Hi

Good luck !!!! :D
Hope it will work out .................

Tintin

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:13 am
No, you definitely overdo things Steve. I would be furious as well, then someone had tricked me twice. I sincerely hope that you will be rewarded in the end. :fingers:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 am
Well I got a respose over this matter but im still not happy.

The seller said they would offer a full refund with origanal postage but only if i post the thing back at my own expence and by the 14th of jan. I cant post it back by then as I dont get paid for another couple of weeks and dont have any change to post it. So all in all I loose out either way! Going though the case on ebay it wont let me say im not happy the only option that comes up is to send it back and add the tracking number etc. Im NOT a happy bunny!

:-D

Oh well Im just going to have to leave a VERY nagative feedback and tell them were to get off! Well thats what I feel like doing! :???:

Smurfy regards

Postby Tojo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am
That is not good news at all Steve :angry:

Making you pay for the postage when they were the ones who sent you rubbish in the first place just isn't right in my book. You don't know anyone in the SAS by any chance who could sort this problem permanently? :flame: :mad:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:04 am
Haha Mabe we could start a new task force? The smurf squade! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

it just makes me made that the seller hasnt contacted me at all and only though the ebay case thing who then got back to me about it. I sent several messages with no reply. :angry: If you ask me these kind of sellers should be band from ebay! its just fair to buyers at all. If its a genuine mistake then they sort it out for you but people like this drive me mad. :angry:

The other seller who sent me a tatty gargamel replied and was more than happy to say they would send me a replacement no problems. (it hasnt arived yet but fingers crossed it will.) and when it do I will leave a positive feedback. :D

So now ive got to hunt down and payout for yet another bandleader smurf. :???:

Smurfy regards

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 am
Wow, never heard of a seller putting such a limited time limit on for a buyer to return an item in order to get a full refund. :banghead:

Definitely give negative Feedback and warn other prospective buyers.

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 2

Login