Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 5 of 6

Postby Lia » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:44 am
Oh....that`s very bad.
and even worse to use our smurfs for such bad purrposes
I hope Maureen will delete it asap...
When you look for smurf and kellloggs images on Google, this picture turns up.

The skatterz and others however are real for sure.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:35 am
Lia, I have deleted the picture :D

I have to admit, I didn't see it either until Pierre mentioned it :banghead:

Pierre,
I have taken the liberty of deleting both pictures you posted...since they reference to one of the most heinous group of people that ever walked this earth. Thank you for making us aware this was not a normal ad, but is using our smurfs in the most despicable manner possible. :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Azrael » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:40 am
Hi guys,

I know for a fact that the book coming out next year actually charts the history of the PVC and claims that they start as Kelloggs promotions.

As this is licensed I assume that it is fact? :-?
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Lia » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 am
Thanks Maureen!!!!

Great Alan!
That`s exactly the info, we`re looking for!
I`m very curious for this book :D

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:52 am
Hi guys,

I know for a fact that the book coming out next year actually charts the history of the PVC and claims that they start as Kelloggs promotions.

If I understand Andre correctly, the Schleich book states the first Schleich smurfs were produced for BP promotions, so this doesn't mean both books contradict themselves. The smurfs that came with the Kellogs boxes may not have been Schleich smurfs :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby André » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 am
Hi guys,

It will be intresting to see what Schleich answers.

I think we all know that licensed does not necessarily mean omniscient! I think it depends on who made the research?? Just look at the Bullyland museum catalogue. Many things are wrong in this. The book about Peyo that Joaquin translated is not 100% correct with this information!! So which book is correct?? I believe all are licensed by peyo or the company who made smurfs?? :o

The DSK4 is a licensed book and maybe 20% of the years for the PVC in that book is wrong, right! :-? :lol: Do you know who made the research for the Sony book? Then you could ask them were they got the information and if they are 100% sure about this. If they have waterproof facts for this then that would be great information!! :-D

It could very well be that the first Schleichsmurfs were made for Kelloggs and it goes well with the journal de Tintin ads between 1965 and 1967. And the BP goes well with the years when Schleich started again.
So the Kelloggstory could very well be the correct one.

And the years in the Schleichbook could be wrong. We are all humans so we all make mistakes, right. :D

But the Schleichbook history is very well written and everything else seems correct with all the years. So it will be intresting to see what Schleich answers. I don´t think they want any information in their book that is not correct so they will probably correct this if it is wrong! :o :D And since they made the smurfs they most certainly know who they made it for and why, let´s just hope they will tell us.

So I guess we will all have to wait and be patient.

It would be great to see a picture with a Schleichsmurf from these years and with Kelloggs or BP connection.

Actually both could have been used in the mid 60s as give aways??? :-? :lol:
Attachments
DSK 4.jpg
DSK 4.jpg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 999 times
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby smurfowen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 pm
Lia, I have deleted the picture :D

I have to admit, I didn't see it either until Pierre mentioned it :banghead:

Pierre,
I have taken the liberty of deleting both pictures you posted...since they reference to one of the most heinous group of people that ever walked this earth. Thank you for making us aware this was not a normal ad, but is using our smurfs in the most despicable manner possible. :D
Thank you L and M.
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby André » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:40 pm
Hi guys,

If I understand Andre correctly, the Schleich book states the first Schleich smurfs were produced for BP promotions, so this doesn't mean both books contradict themselves. The smurfs that came with the Kellogs boxes may not have been Schleich smurfs :D
Maureen,

I took 2 pictures so you can see everything what Schleich writes about the first smurfs and then everybody can make their own opinion until we get more facts.

This is the information given by Schleich in their book. :D

And it seems they write about the germanhistory. It could be like you say Maureen, that the kellogg smurfs are not the Schleichsmurfs.

Maybe Schleich made the smurfs for BP in Germany.

And Kelloggs in Belgium had the Dupuis-smurfs in the boxes??

Because it seems the Kellogg ads were only in Belgium not in France or Germany?? :-?
Attachments
schleich history 2.jpg
schleich history 2.jpg (85.55 KiB) Viewed 978 times
schleich history 1.jpg
schleich history 1.jpg (74.34 KiB) Viewed 978 times
André

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Postby smurfowen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Schtroumpfs
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
9/64, 11/64, 17/64, 19/64, 21/64, 23/64 Pub Chocopasta (1/2 pl.)
37/64, 43/64, 48/64 Pub Kwatta (1/2 pl.)
49/64, 50/64 Pub Kwatta

Autres publications
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
47/64 Pub Kwatta

Schtroumpfs
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
20/65 à 23/65 Pub Kellog’s
24/65, 28/65, 37/65 Pub Corn Flakes de Kellog’s
44/65 Pub Corn Flakes de Kellog’s : Schtroumf

Autres publications
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
36/65, 41/65, 43/65 Pub Corn Flakes de Kellog’s

Schtroumpfs
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
8/66, 10/66 Pub Corn Flakes de Kellog’s
15/66 Pub Les voyages forment les schtroumpfs
17/66 Pub Corn Flakes : Comment schtroumpfer les schtroump flakes
19/66 Pub Corn Flakes : La parole est de schtroumpf, mais le silence est d’or !
21/66 Pub Corn Flakes : Il faut savoir schtroumpfer pour être beau
23/66 Pub Corn Flakes : Tel est schtroumpf qui croyait schtroumpfer
37/66 Pub Corn Flakes : Il ne faut pas schtroumpfer les schtroumpfs sur la mine
39/66 Pub Corn Flakes : Le schtroumpf a ses raisons

Benoît Brisefer
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
11/66 Pub Antoine : Comment Benoît Brisefer vainquit le gang de Paolo–le–tatoué
13/66 Pub Antoine : Comment Benoît Brisefer rattrapa une Caravelle en vol
17/66 Pub Antoine : Comment Benoît Brisefer aida un musicien
19/66 Pub Antoine : Comment Benoît Brisefer écrasa un rouleau compresseur
21/66 Pub Antoine : Comment Benoît Brisefer gagna la course

Autres publications
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
15/66 Pub Airfix – Antoine

Schtroumpfs
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
5/67 Pub Corn Flakes : Il faut savoir schtroumpfer pour être beau
9/67 Pub Corn Flakes : La parole est de schtroumpf, mais le silence est d’or !
13/67 Pub Corn Flakes : Tel est schtroumpf qui croyait schtroumpfer
15/67 Pub Chocolat Kwatta
18/67, 20/67 Pub Kwatta
21/67 Pub Corn Flakes : Le schtroumpf a ses raisons

Johan et Pirlouit
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
20/68, 22/68, 25/68 Pub Omo : Magicae formulae

Schtroumpfs
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
1/76 Pub Barres Kriffy de Côte d’Or
9/76 Pub Kriffy, Nougatti et Bouchées desserts de Côte d’Or
11/76 Pub Tombola C.A.P.S.A. offerte par Ola
12/76 Pub Kriffy, Nougatti et Bouchées desserts de Côte d’Or
13/76 Pub Tombola C.A.P.S.A offerte par Ola
15/76 Pub Tombola C.A.P.S.A. offerte par Ola
20/76, 23/76 Pub Kriffy de Côte d’Or

No Type Titre Co-auteurs
9/77, 11/77 Pub Réclame vite ton village Schtroumpf offert par Kriffy de Côte d’Or

Schtroumpfs
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
15/78 Pub Riz à la Crème Boss
17/78 Pub Barre Kriffy
17/78, 18/78 Pub Riz à la Crème Boss
42/78, 46/78 Pub Yoghourts Stassano

Autres publications
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
39/78 Rédactionnel Bon anniversaire, Chick Bill ! De la part de ... Walthéry, Derib, Franquin, Paape, Greg, Craenhals, Denayer, De Moor, Morris, Dany, Leloup, Géri, Roba, Reding

Schtroumpfs
No Type Titre Co-auteurs
7/79, 9/79 Pub Kriffy de Côte d’Or
12/79 Dessin Hommage à Hergé
15/79, 16/79 Pub Aide nos athlètes olympiques ! (Coca–Cola)

Co–auteurs
Craenhals, Dany, De Moor, Denayer, Derib, Franquin, Géri, Greg, Leloup, Morris, Paape, Reding, Roba, Walthéry
Séries
Benoît Brisefer, Johan et Pirlouit, Modeste et Pompon, Schtroumpfs
Attachments
!Brm+V)wBWk~$(KGrHqMOKikEvOnbKY1gBL0,PhOucQ~~_35.jpg
!Brm+V)wBWk~$(KGrHqMOKikEvOnbKY1gBL0,PhOucQ~~_35.jpg (26.71 KiB) Viewed 964 times
!Brm9mlQBWk~$(KGrHqYOKjoEvN4,4eNlBL0,GpI2ww~~_12.jpg
!Brm9mlQBWk~$(KGrHqYOKjoEvN4,4eNlBL0,GpI2ww~~_12.jpg (57.32 KiB) Viewed 963 times
!Brm-6c!BGk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEu4yJCg)jBL0,N(,Rm!~~_35.jpg
!Brm-6c!BGk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEu4yJCg)jBL0,N(,Rm!~~_35.jpg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Smurfowen

Postby smurfowen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:26 pm
more
Attachments
!Bs,IIv!!mk~$(KGrHqYH-DIEvKLWzHeYBL3vLyfqY!~~_12.jpg
!Bs,IIv!!mk~$(KGrHqYH-DIEvKLWzHeYBL3vLyfqY!~~_12.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 962 times
!Brm-KSw!mk~$(KGrHqIH-EQEvDFiPepWBL0,JjiPI!~~_35.jpg
!Brm-KSw!mk~$(KGrHqIH-EQEvDFiPepWBL0,JjiPI!~~_35.jpg (25.08 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Smurfowen

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Pierre,
for those of us who slept thru 5 years of French classes (ok maybe that's just me)..can you explain the above posts?

Were those comic books included with the Kellogs boxes?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfowen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:21 pm
these are the years in which the kellogs adverts with smurfs appeared in the official tintin comix
Smurfowen

Postby smurfowen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 pm
By the seems of it The smurfs promoted things before BP.

In 1964 was their first promo Chocopasta
Attachments
3238754758.jpg
3238754758.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 950 times
2713890777.jpg
2713890777.jpg (65.35 KiB) Viewed 950 times
Smurfowen

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:06 pm
Oh I see...:D.

Were those smurfs figurines..or just the comics? (again excuse my lack of attention during my French classes )

Schleich claims to have started making smurf figurines for BP...I still think this might be true if the figurines included in the Kellogs boxes weren't made by Schleich..or weren't even figurines :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:15 pm
I found this

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/200 ... exhibition
With original drawings, storyboards and videos, the exhibition meanders down Smurf memory lane, tracing how a Belgian cartoonist's brainstorm evolved into a worldwide marketing phenomenon. Smurfs began hiding out in Kellogg's Corn Flakes boxes as early as 1965. And Internet rumors to the contrary, they aren't closet Marxists.
Again..doesn't state these were produced by Schleich..so both stories could be right. I wouldnot be surprised if these Kellogs smurfs turn out to be the Dupuis smurfs which we know were the first pvc figurines produced :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby André » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:11 am
Like said before.

Many of these ads have nothing to do with figurines. Like the Kwatta. They only use smurfs in there ads, usually comics.

So it has nothing to do with the PVC-smurfs.

Which smurfs were used in the Kelloggs boxes, these ads were used in 1966 and maybe late 65 and eary 67, we don´t know.

Maybe this has nothing to do with Schleich. The Peyo book don´t say it is the Schleichsmurfs. They talk about Bully, but that is not possible, since Volkmar worked at Schleich then and started with the smurfs and founded Bully in 1974.

But it could be the Dupuis smurfs they made later. This would also make sence that Bully asked Peyo what to do with these molds since they were marked Dupuis??? :o :-?

Regarding the information on different places on internet, they usually like wikipedia are taken from the same source and just translated or rewritten to go with the site!! :D As you know you find the exact same information on different sites when you google, but they are actually from the same source.
André

Postby Pitufo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:06 am
Which smurfs were used in the Kelloggs boxes, these ads were used in 1966 and maybe late 65 and eary 67, we don´t know
Yes...we have seen smurfs were used as reclame really early but what I would like to know as PVC collectors is "which smurfs were included in Kellogs boxes" ¿¿??
JOAQUÍN

Postby André » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 am
Another intresting thing if you read what they write in the Schleichbook.

They say that there is a company catalogue from 1973, ( which was probably seen by the researcher in Schleich archives), and it contained many smurfs and the early smurfhouse.

I would love to see that catalogue from 1972/73!! :-D :lol:
André

Postby Pitufo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:43 am
I have read today ata book edited by Dupuis the following info in an article called "Les métamorphoses des Schtroumps":

"La publicité va jouer un rôle déterminant dans la gloire des schtroumpfs. EN 1966, la marque de céréales Kellogg´s imagine de se sevir de ses lutins pour une campagne auprés des enfants. Cahque paquet comportera une figurine de schtroumpf - en cette année-là, l'univers des 100 schtroumpfs est en place. La firme allemande Bully Figuren, fabricante des figurines, sent son bonheur à portée de main et conclut avec Peyo (Dupuis s'en désintéresse) un contrat aux cons'equences inimaginables"

Perhaps it is from here where the writer of Peyo l'enchanteur took the info, but it is odd for me that the same Dupusi speak about their own mistake "Dupuis s'en désintéresse"
JOAQUÍN

Postby smurfowen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 am
[quote="Pitufo"]I have read today ata book edited by Dupuis the following info in an article called "Les métamorphoses des Schtroumps":

"La publicité va jouer un rôle déterminant dans la gloire des schtroumpfs. EN 1966, la marque de céréales Kellogg´s imagine de se sevir de ses lutins pour une campagne auprés des enfants. Cahque paquet comportera une figurine de schtroumpf - en cette année-là, l'univers des 100 schtroumpfs est en place. La firme allemande Bully Figuren, fabricante des figurines, sent son bonheur à portée de main et conclut avec Peyo (Dupuis s'en désintéresse) un contrat aux cons'equences inimaginables"

According to this there was a smurf figure given in the Kelloggs Cereal box in 1966. It also adds that the smurfs was to be created by Bully by Peyo and Dupuis.
Smurfowen
Page 5 of 6

Login