Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:04 pm
Hi All; I lost my cell phone on Saturday going to the football game. Its about an $800 phone so I was really upset Sat and Sun. They are insured so It was only going to cost me $100 to replace it. This morning when I went to work my dispatcher asked me if I lost my phone. A guy had called her because she was first in my contacts list. When I called him he said he was going to take it to the Univ police but I told him there was a reward for finding it. He let me pick it up. I gave him $60 should have been more. Just recoverying all my contacts and setting up a new phone would have been a pain. I also liked the idea that there are still honest people in the world.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:34 pm
I am glad you found it again, Bill.

That is one expensive phone :shock:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:11 pm
Yes it is too expensive for me. I didn't buy it my company did. I actually hate it. So do all the other guys. It's terrible for makeing phone calls. Especally one's to business where they use prompts. Which we do very often. After you call the number the keypad dissapears. First time I tried to call a tech support # I gave up and used the customers phone. It has a keyboard but in order to use the numbers on it you have to hold down another button. And the buttons are too close together for me. I don't know how kids text all the time. Also the screen goes blank on me if it takes too long to get from one prompt to the next. The only good thing I can say about it is as a modem for my computer it works really well.
Mr Bill

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:57 am
Glad you got you phono back, even if you hate it! :-D

And cool that someone who found it took the time to try and give it back to the owner. Most ppl keep the stuff. :angry:

I lost (stolen?) our GPS saturday, not expecting to see it ever again. :banghead:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm
Bill was the phone a Samsung?
I was talking to a man 2 weeks ago and he was having the same problem with his phone.
Seems a bit silly for the screen to disappear.
These days you have to ring a lot of places that have those recorded voices telling you to press 1 for this or 2 for that...blah, blah, blah :x
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Gerda » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:25 pm
Wow how upseting yet it ended up really great. I'm so happy it was found by an honest person!!!
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:44 pm
Hi All; Thank you. S A Smurfette no it is called an ATT Tilt. It slides to the side and tilts up so you can see it. It recives my emails and acts as my modem for my computer. I can go on the internet with it and that is unlimited. I used to hook it up on Sat and Sun and just leave it all day, but I stopped doing that when the new company took over. They didn't say anything but I don't want them to either. I can complete my service calls on it but I prefer the computer.
Mr Bill

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:40 pm
Wow, pretty full on phone :eek:

Glad you know what to do with it :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Page 1 of 1

Login