Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bradley » Sat May 30, 2009 5:01 am
Got up this morning and went along to the annual toy fair here in Adelaide. And struck gold! I think the biggest and best haul I have ever come home with from this fair! I wasn't expecting anything after last years fair where there were just about no smurfs to buy and I came home disappointed with nothing. This year I ran out of money in my pocket and could have kept spending! So many smurfs!

The first stall I found smurfs at is where I brought most of this stuff. The bloke had 3 cases full of figures (mostly common ones.. none that I really needed). But from here I brought a replacement Cupid Smurf, a Gift & Flower Smurf key ring (kicking myself as he had another key ring smurf that I thought I already had but when I got home I realised I hadn't got him, oh well), Archer smurf sockel, 2 Meeus bendable smurfs Papa and Happy (he had a 3rd one had it wouldn't stand up, think the wire in the legs were snapped or not there and was in very bad condition), a squeaking Papa Smurf, a smurfette roller skater eraser, 3 smurf badges and finally a radio smurf head (which works.. but blah, AM radio stations LOL) missing the cover over the battery. So that was an awesome buy at that 1 stall. 60AU total on those. Seemed like I was the first to go through his smurfs. The next stall I brought smurfs from were the sellers of the fake baseball smurfette that I brought 2 years ago from there. They had the fakes again but this year they had quite a few authentic smurfs. I got to the stall just in time as the bloke was putting out some smurf figures. I grabbed bass guitar and body builder both of which I didn't have. 10AU each and also they had a few supers and I picked out the Bicycle smurfette and kitchen smurfette. 15AU each, good price. So was happy with that. They had a few more smurfs I could have brought also but by this stage I was almost out of money. I didn't expect to find so many smurfs to buy that I didn't get much out of the ATM.. Next buy was the Super Hero sockel for 20AU, a bit much but oh well. And lastly the bargain of the day, a BBQ apron from 1979 in completely new condition, looks like it was never used. 5AU dollars. That stall also had a smurf house loose but missing green windows. They wanted 65AU for that including a whole heap of playset accessories. Was tempted to go out and find an ATM to get some more money, but thought I better quit while I was ahead before spending more money than I wanted to.

Anyway, gave all the smurfs a clean (a few of them were dirty) and they all came up nice and clean. Very happy with my luck today!

Pic attached!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat May 30, 2009 5:25 am
Wow...you did really well, Brad :cheers:

You found quite a few very very very nice items for good prices :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Sat May 30, 2009 5:27 am
Wow Brad! :cheers: :) :) That's amazing! By the way, if you find any more badges/buttons in Oz that are doubles of yours I would be interested. :D That is one fantastic haul! :cheers: :cheers:

Postby eggie smurf » Sat May 30, 2009 8:43 am
Great job, Brad...glad you found lots of stuff and had a great time :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby stampysmurf » Sat May 30, 2009 6:26 pm
Wow! Congratulations on your lucky find! :D

Postby Michelle » Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 am
Great to see you had a great day and nice smurfs to give a new home!!

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby André » Sun May 31, 2009 4:09 am
Great finds Brad,

well done!! :-D

/André

Postby bradley » Sun May 31, 2009 4:13 am
Thanks. I was very surprised and very happy with my smurfs haul yesterday. Very rare to find so many smurfs like this here. If I had gotten more money out or gone to an ATM at the show grounds then I would have probably spent big and come home with a lot more smurfs. But glad I limited myself and very happy with what I brought. So that was excellent! When I got home though I then had to find room to place all these new smurfs on display ready for this coming Friday. Spent the rest of yesterday organising my cabinet display and moving things again.

Postby bradley » Sun May 31, 2009 4:20 am
I had never seen a smurfs BBQ Apron before. I think its a great item. Says "Cuisine A La Smurf" markings for BP Australia 1979. The apron is in brand new condition.

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 31, 2009 6:41 am
That is a really nice apron. :-D :) :)

Postby Tojo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:44 pm
Woohoo!!!! Well done Brad, that is a great haul. The apron is a great find :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:07 pm
Very good report Brad :D

I was really happy to hear they had so many options and so many items you needed for your collection. I guess you will be more optimistic next year and I hope you won't be disappointed.

Dyar :cheers:

Postby bradley » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 am
Very good report Brad :D

I was really happy to hear they had so many options and so many items you needed for your collection. I guess you will be more optimistic next year and I hope you won't be disappointed.

Dyar :cheers:
I think its karma LOL. Came home with nothing last year.. so this year to make up for that there were lots of smurfs to buy. Also I made a donation the day before so karma again, hehe. But actually whenever you take a lot of money to the fair, you never find anything to buy.. but when you don't take a lot there is always too much to buy. :banghead:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 pm
That's when you need an unbroken magic card Brad.....not that I know what one of those is :banghead:

[name removed incase Mastercard is monitoring] :cheers:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 am
Wow!!!! So glad to hear that your trip to the Toy Fair turned out to be a huge success, Brad. :D

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 am
that apron, had never seen one like it before when I brought it. This week there was one listed on oz ebay and the auction ended last night. This apron one of the ties was broken and had been replaced and the apron was in used condition. The apron sold for $46AU!! lol. I paid $5AU for my one and in absolute MINT condition, never used perfect. hehe :-D So I was surprised with that high price.. someone must have really wanted it. I got a bargain compared to that price! Very happy about that. Would never pay that much for it anyway. Though it is a really nice apron.

Postby André » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:52 am
Very nice deal, Brad. :-D

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:50 am
:) :) :) :)

Good job, Brad. :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:36 am
Funny Brad,

the price you paid for it is almost exactly the same as it was sold for in 1980 by BP Australia. :-D :lol:

It was made 1979 and sold 1980.

But there is another variation for you to find also Brad.

A green one which says "Come and get it!!".

I hope you can find that one too!! :D

André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby André » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:41 am
And the Papasmurf squeacker you also bought on the fair had a price of 1,60 dollar in 1980. There is a normalsmurf squeacker also. Maybe you have that already!! :-? :D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Login