Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Gerda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:52 pm
VISTA sucks... I just got a new computer with vista installed and come to find out it is not compatible with my web builder software :banghead: After ALL the suggestions I found to fix this problem I dumped my hard drive and installed xp Granted I should have been smarter and actually "read" the small print but you take for granted that an upgrade is just that.

so my warning is to anyone useing yahoo.. DONT switch to vista :x

and don't get me started on microsofts customer service department :banghead: :banghead: sorry but if your job is to talk to americans on the phone you should at least know english :angry: :angry: :x

ok rant off,
just thought i'd forwarn

gerda

ps
New computers up and running perfect now!! :D
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:56 pm
What web builder do you use?
I use Yahoo site builder and had no problems when I switched. :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby Gerda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:02 pm
I use yahoo site builder, could not get it to work for nothing. loaded fine the first time but then it had error message. tried dumping it and reloading but then it would not even load. What was your vist program? mine was home premium.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 pm
That's what I have. I never had a problem so far :-?

I had to download the full website again to it which took forever but other than that it works fine.

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm
Are you using sitebuilder 2.6?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm
wonder what went wrong on mine.. :banghead: :-? I downloaded it directly from the website to ..
oh well got it to work now, Did not like vista anyway, all those prompts.. do you want to download this?
are you sure?
are you really really sure?
YES :)
computers can be such a headache
happily smurfing along
Postby Gerda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:10 pm
Are you using sitebuilder 2.6?
yup,
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:14 pm
Well done for getting it sorted Gerda! :cheers:

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:29 pm
Vista is completely hit and miss...the program should not have been released and even with the updates, some still are a nightmare. We have a couple of Vista laptops...one works perfectly and all programs are fine, the other will not allow anything at all. It makes no sense especially when they were purchased very close together. So your problem is not uncommon, Gerda. That's why we opted for XP on all our work desktops because of vista's incompatibilities. :banghead:
:dory: Staci :dory:
Postby Gerda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:54 pm
I have a laptop with vista on it and I thought for the most part it worked just fine (except for the prompts everytime I wanted to do something) I just never tried to work on anything major on it like my webpage.

BTW.. everytime I am replying it erases the subject of the message?? Is this on my end that it is screwing up or is there a forum problem?? :-? :-? I see the previouse messages just not the subject, so of course it tells me I can't post the message because it don't have a subject :?

pleaseeee don't say it's me, I don't think I can handle yet another computer melt down :banghead: ok if it is me break it to me gently :cool:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:44 pm
I don't think you need a subject to reply, Gerda :-?

I never put anything in there when I reply, only when I start a new thread...that's when you need it

Hidden in the Woods

Postby naish510 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:33 am
I have a new laptop too with Vista and i hate it too !!!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:45 am
I don't think you need a subject to reply, Gerda :-?

I never put anything in there when I reply, only when I start a new thread...that's when you need it
normally the subject stays in place when I reply but now it is deleting and it says I can not reply without one... like now i have to go in and put a new one in :-?
happily smurfing along

Postby Tojo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:49 am
That is wierd Gerda :eek:

It sounds like your pc has a bad case of gremlins :banghead:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:53 am
That is wierd Gerda :eek:

It sounds like your pc has a bad case of gremlins :banghead:
I'll trade my gremlins for cute little mogwys instead. but if this is the only thing that goes wrong with my computer after screwing with the hard drive myself I can count myself very very lucky :)
happily smurfing along

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 am
sure now it did not ask for a subject line.. :banghead:
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:56 am
:) :) :) :)

sorry but I did have to laugh., I reminded me of work when you have a problem to get a claim paid because the system just won't let you...and when you ask for help and they just come and stand by your desk, the stupid claim gets paid and you feel like the last idiot :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 am
I know that feeling all to well. this computer has been doing that to me all week. Sad thing is I fixed problems and i'm not sure how I fixed them, they just kind of fixed themselves, not sure how i'm suppose to learn from that :-?
happily smurfing along

Postby André » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:56 am
If you hadn´t bought the new laptop with Vista, think how many nice smurfs you could have bought instead. :o

And they probably would have made you very happy instead. :D

It is a shame that we all need computers so much, right? And in the end we have to have to drive recyclingstation with them anyway after 10 years.

/André

Postby Gerda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 am
If you hadn´t bought the new laptop with Vista, think how many nice smurfs you could have bought instead. :o

And they probably would have made you very happy instead. :D

It is a shame that we all need computers so much, right? And in the end we have to have to drive recyclingstation with them anyway after 10 years.

/André
Actually the laptop was a christmas present from my parents last year, and now my upgrade my mom bought too and is refusing to take any money from me to pay off.. I think I'm suppose to work it off this summer taking care of the dogs.. works for me

yup we are addicted to computers.. but then I know people that don't have one yet, I don't know how they do it. We have a computer set up for everyone in the house, it's sad I know :???:
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 2

Login