Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 4
Postby Tojo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 am
It's been quite cold here recently but so far it hadn't snowed as it was probably too cold for it.

Anyway last night it did snow so I thought I'd take a couple of photos. The first is looking towards the village & the second one is of the trees in our garden / jungle.... It looks like a Xmas card out there :snowing:

Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:57 am
Wow! You had more snow than we did. I forgot to take pics though. :-D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:52 am
In my area, it has been snowing all day long since yesterday. Since we take terms to clear the snow and salting the sidewalk, we waited for our young neighbor (he's about three years younger than me) to do his duty, but he wouldn't get up. :banghead: Thank God I made it to university, since most busses didn't come before 9.30 am. :D

Postby Lia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:18 am
In Holland, half the country is covered with snow, but not yet in my region.
But they forecast a temperature minus 17.......so....after 12 years, we can finally have a speed skating marathon Dutch championship on real ice!

Lia

Postby Picaja » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:11 pm
We have also a lot of snow ... 12cm. :-D
I had to work today and I drove 90minutes :banghead: normally 30minutes.
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 pm
We got some snow here in New York on Dec 16, 2008. It wasn't much
but because of the frigid weather it stood around for a while. Trucks with
plows that also spread salt usually make way for the traffic.

(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:51 pm
Down here in the South, the weather still hasn't made up it's mind whether it's winter or not. Usually, January is our coldest month with highs around -5 degrees (Celsius not Fahrenheit), but this year it's been warm except for with a few very cold days.

Right now it's raining and they are even given flash flood warnings for our area (that's the nice thing about living on a mountain, you don't worry about floods :) ), which is really weird as it should be snow coming down right now..I mean we are in January after all :shock:

The scary part is that the last time, there was such a warm winter, we paid for it in March with a very bad blizzard that left snow as high as a house and with no electricity for weeks. It was the winter before I came over here so I didn't live thru it :relieved:

Nice pictures of the snow, Tojo and Smurfster...I hope everybody gets to enjoy the snow for a bit :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:17 pm
We have had two very small snows this year already. less than 2 inches each. And I am with Moey on it can't make up its mind. I went to another town the other day. I was calling my office as I walked out of the building. I opened the door to a lot of noise. There was a car backing out so I figured it was some young person with loud music and just backed inside and shut the door. I looked at the car again as it backed out and realized it was an older man 80's or so. When he got a little bit away. I opened the door again. I realized it was geese. Not just a few but thousands of them. They must have been really confused becaue they were flying in every direction. I guess they didn't know wether to fly north for the summer or south for the winter. When I finished my call I went out to my car. I could see around the back of the building. I don't know how many I could see all together but a good guess 30 thousand. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I walked back into the building to tell the girl about it. She said that was normal around there. She told me there was a large lake about a mile away and there were days you couldn't tell there was a lake there.
Mr Bill

Postby Pitufo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 am
Last time it snowed in my city was 1954 ( and I was borned in 1974)...It seems next friday there is a chance to snow here: the temperatures could be -1ºC/ -3ºC and the probability of rain is 50%...FINGER CROSSED!!!!I have seen the snow many times but never where I live :frosty:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:24 pm
I hope it gets to Spain and STAYS there :nahnah:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:45 pm
:haha:

This is your house next week Joaquin :winter:

:) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:17 am
Here it fall a little snow on the 4th Jan, but right now it's mostly just slipery ice left... :blizzard:

I stoped at red light (yes, I'm one of those that stops when the light is red :driver: ) and when I wanted to start moving (cause I also start driving when the light turns green ;) ) the car didn't really moved, and the wheels just spinned. :lol: I was glad to see the truck spreading the salt drive by me, then I had no problem to drive again.... :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 pm
Some pics from the snow in Belgium...

I took them this evening.

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:38 pm
We found a kitten, some people put her out in the freezing cold.
It was minus 12 degrees.
She was for at least 3 days and nights outside without any food and water.

What kind of people do something like that :angry: :angry: :angry:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:09 pm
Great pictures Nance! :D Well done on saving the kitten, poor little thing. Are you going to keep her? :-D

Postby Picaja » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:24 pm
I have already 4 cats and I would like to keep her but ...

A friend's cat died a day before Christmas and she and her family are sad.
So they have decided to adopt the kitten. :-D

Postby Pitufo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:08 pm
I hope it gets to Spain and STAYS there
It us knowing in many places in Spain, but I live in the south, that it is the warmest region of the country...It would be beautiful to wake up on friday and see all the streets snowed...But only on friday!!!I will let you know
JOAQUÍN

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:21 pm
I have already 4 cats and I would like to keep her but ...

A friend's cat died a day before Christmas and she and her family are sad.
So they have decided to adopt the kitten. :-D
That's the best result. :-D :hug: What are they going to call her?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:54 pm
It snowed here for 5 minutes...after the torrential 36 hours rain we had that flooded the whole area (even the mountain :shock: ) It was actually funny because I was on the phone with a friend that lives on Signal Mountain (the mountain between Chattanooga and me) when it snowed and after 20 minutes (we were still talking) the snow came to her for five minutes....another 20 minutes later, another friend who lives in Chattanooga e-mailed me all excited because the snow had made it to her...20 minutes later it was in Georgia :) :) :) :) I had a busy day just keeping up with the snow this afternoon :shock:

I am glad your friends are going to adopt the kitten, Nance :D. I agree some people just don't have a heart for animals. I am surprised the little thing survived the cold for so long.

Can't wait for the pictures of a snowed in Joaquin 8)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:43 pm
There was a story on the news a couple of weeks ago about a border collie that had been rescued. It was frozen to the concrete. They said the only reason it survied it weighed over 200 lbs. I think 286 not sure. If you have never seen a border collie they only weigh about 40 or 50 lbs. I guess. They probibly had to put him to sleep. Poor thing.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 4

Login