Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 pm
With all the Christmas movies shown on Tv, I was wondering what is your favorite Christmas movie?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 pm
Robbie the Reindeer

I love that film & it's followup - they have me in stitches
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:28 pm
Love love love "A Christmas Story" Randy has always been my favorite but that's probably because I have no siblings :)

:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Gerda » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:11 pm
I would say I really like the movie ELF, funny yet tugs at the heart strings. A very close runner up would be national lampoons christmas vacation sadly it reminds me of my family.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:33 pm
Funny I like them all. But last night I was at a basketball game. The local TV station covered it. When the game got over I noticed that Miricale on 34th street was on. I rushed home so I could watch it. But I could watch them all over and over again.
P.S. I reallized later that I said the wrong movie on here. My Favorite is It's a wonderful life.
Mr Bill

Postby Cool Smurf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:41 pm
I really like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. 8)
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby bradley » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 am
I like watching all the Christmas movies. A few of my favourites:

Deck The Halls - Danny DeVito, Matthew Broderick
Call Me Claus - Whoopi Goldberg
The Santa Clause (the 1st film) - Tim Allen
Jingle All The Way - Arnold Schwarzenegger
I'll Be Home For Christmas - Jonathan Taylor Thomas
A Very Brady Christmas - hehe, The Brady Bunch Christmas movie
yeah National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Elf - was a funny film!
Bad Santa - lol
Muppets Chistmas Carol!!

There are a lot of great Christmas movies they screen at mid-day during the week lead up to Chistmas, but I miss them all becasue I'm at work.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am
Mine is: Tři oříšky pro Popelku (meaning "Three haselnuts for Cinderella" in English ) This Czech adaptation, rewritten by Czech author Božena Němcová truly is best Cinderella adaptation imho. Most scenery takes place during winter time. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzwxOKxR ... re=related

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:36 pm
Mine would be "March of the Wooden Soldiers".
Actors - Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby FlamingO » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:35 am
Scrooged with Bill Murray :D And one of the old b+w A Christmas Carol :-D
Gonna have to find A Very Brady Cristmas now though, I love Brady Bunch :lol: :xmas3:

Postby Chris McBrien » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:16 pm
I like "Scrooge" the musical with Albert Finney first.
The old "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" second.
"Christmas Story" third.
Then "Elf" fourth.
And a movie I love to watch (or use to before I lost my VHS copy of it a few years ago and need to get a new one).
"The Smurfs and the Magic Flute".
I know it's not a Christmas movie, but the first time I saw it was on a local station at Christmas time when I was a kid..and to me that movie has a lot of Christmas memories as I played Smurfs with my brother Scott under the Christmas tree with the movie on in the background. We used to take blankets, make tunnels using lincoln logs to hold them up, then run train tracks under the tunnels and use the coal cars as transports for the Smurfs to ride in. We used old Sesame Street buildings, the old "Weebles" haunted house and of course our Smurf houses to set up a village around the Christmas tree in our living room downstairs (we had two living rooms, one for the kids in the finished basement and one upstairs for everyone). When we were kids we'd rather die than miss the Smurfs on a Saturday morning!
Anyway, there you go.
Chris
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby bwalters » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:51 pm
When we were kids we'd rather die than miss the Smurfs on a Saturday morning.
Me too except I was already 28 years old then. A very big kid. Of course I still am a kid. I don't actually play with my smurfs and never did. But I did love putting them together, and finding new places to put them.
P.S. The part about being a kid and missing the Smurfs on saturday was suposed to be a quote from Chris. That was his line.
Mr Bill

Postby Nivid » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:17 am
It's a Wonderful Life :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :frosty: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2: :xmas2:
Nivid :hiya:

Postby Michelle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 am
Mr scrooge and the girl with 3 pineapples...a bit like Domi's favourite!

I like Elf too but there is one more... I forgot the name...it's also in the toyfactory...

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:29 am
@Michelle: What's the Flemish/original title of "The girl with the three pineapples"? You could refer to "Tři oříšky" as well.

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:03 pm
Love love love A Christmas Story
That's the first sensible thing you have said all year Fishy....I totally agree with you on this one, although don't tell anybody I agreed with you because I'm trying to be cool in front of my smurfy friends.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:48 am
Another of my favourite Xmas films is Love Actually.

I love the bit where the mum asks her child what part they're playing in the nativity play & they reply "first lobster". The mum then asks, "you mean there was more than one lobster at the birth of Christ?" :) :) :) Great stuff & I love the Prime Minister's secretary too. Lots of fun & a great cast as well :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 1

Login