Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurf1303 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:19 pm
Found some more information on the smurfday celebrations...

No warning as to cities but on day people will wake up and find several thousand smurfs around the cities , they will be all white, and could be anywhere e.g. around a fountain or queuing at a bus stop. Around neck of smurfs will be broshure explaining people are free to take them

Next day in the same city there will be an expo either outside indoor. ...

If weather permits there will be a blimp above

Postby Smurf1303 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:30 pm
There will be a unicef booth displaying the larger smurf that will later be auctioned off for unicef

and there will also be the opportunity to buy smaller smurfs, some of the proceeds going to unicef

Postby Smurf1303 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 pm
The exhibition will also have 36 smurfpages telling the real story of the Smurfs. The exhibition is targeted to both children and adults, and will include more than 50 Smurfy games for the youngest Smurf fans.

And finally, picture of one of the big smurfs ...

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:26 pm
This is terrific info!! Thanks for posting the pics! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Tojo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:32 am
Those are great pictures :D

Thanks for posting them
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:11 am
Ooooooh, thanks for the info..I really hope they visit the UK, I really want one of those smurfs :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:33 am
Great work Helen, that is great news :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Azrael » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:18 am
WOW!!

I just hope that I manage to get one!!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:49 am
Giving the dates by Helen, I would assume that IMPS is going to stay approximately five to seven days in a city. :D

If anyone should of you live either in Brussels, Paris, Berlin or anythere else, please give a short, once you are seeing something smurfy. :D

I will go to Brussels in May with Manni. :D

I might also make it to Stockholm, since I hope to spend my summer holidays in Sweden. :D

Postby smurfer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:53 am
Thank you for the smurfy info en pictures Helen !! :-D :-D

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:53 am
I read in an article that the european tour starts next monday.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:56 am
Oh shoot :(

Just before my exams are coming up. :( :( :( If only, they started the tour after Feb 22nd. :( :( :(

Postby paolo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:58 am
Where?
I hope there will be some official announcements first.
By the way, are the pictures of this thread from the reserved part (press corner) of the happysmurfday.com web site?

Postby FlamingO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:44 pm
Great info. and pics Helen :-D

I wouldn't mind one of those smurf blimps :lol:

Love the big smurf on the desk, he looks like a 3-D animated cartoon figure :wishing: :cheerz:

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
This is the info I read from 2 sources
The Belgium Museum of Fine Arts will be one of three European cities, along with Paris and Berlin, to officially host the European tour of Happy Smurfday, said to be a unique, striking, and European retrospective of the Smurfs.
Now, fifty years after the Smurfs debuted in Spirou Magazine, twenty European cities are on the brink of a Smurf invasion. Starting on January 20th and running on until October, small, unpainted figurines will be distributed and cleverly hidden all over Europe. Whoever finds them, can colour them in, take a picture and send them back to the people at IMPS. The best ones win a prize. On October 23rd, the official Smurf birthday, a special larger statue, decorated by an as yet unknown celebrity, will be auctioned off with all proceeds going to UNICEF.

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:08 pm
Fantastic info and pics Helen, Thanks for sharing them with us. :adore:

I have to say, I am loving so many of those images. The blimp balloon just looks incredible and all the plans just sound wonderful and as for that huge, unpainted smurf, all I can say is WOW! :shock:

Unfortunately, living so far way from any of the major cities that are like to be visited is leaving me very sad right now. :???:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby cal78 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:32 pm
How Cool, I Wish They Were Coming To America, If They Were They Would Have to Come To San Francisco, Becasuse It is the Best City in America, But As They Are Only Coming to Europe as of now, Can Some Pick me Up one, Or even Two If they Come to your City
Thanks.
Cal78

Postby Rashleigh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 pm
:(
I wish I was going to be there as well it would be fantastic. I can only hope that we can get the items here.

The blimp is fantastic, :(

My plans for going to Europe this year have now been cancelled (but for a good reason). My husband and I are now expecting our first baby.
:wave:
Happy to be a Smurfy Mummy

Postby Tojo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:22 am
Oh, congratulations Rashleigh :-D :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:08 am
That is fantastic news Rashleigh ! Congratulations to you both, when is the new smurfer expected to be with us ? :D

:-D :beer:
Page 1 of 3

Login